Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

It saved Trent from taking a beating the last 8 weeks and now he'll be moved after the season is over. 

Between the two of them, Trent comes out the clear winner here.  Not completely unscathed cuz he lost money, but Bruce takes the bigger L.

• Like 2
Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

No it save Trent from taking a beating the last 8 weeks and now he'll be moved after the season is over. 

Honestly, this isn't a bad point.  He's more or less preserved himself this year, and it makes no sense to trade him now.  If we want a draft pick, we can't use it until next April anyway, and its not like we could use a player acquired in a trade this season (again, worthless season).  So it would have been even dumber to compound the problem, a better deal will come along here before the draft.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I guess the whole “cancer scare” thing wasn’t that big of a deal after all?

Cant say I’m shocked.

Yeah most said money is the operative drill.   I wouldn't have budged on the money issue either as for the FO.  But i would have traded him.  I wonder if there is a way to work this where Trent doesn't get the accrued year?  I am assuming that's impossible but I don't know.   

• Like 1
1 minute ago, justice98 said:

Between the two of them, Trent comes out the clear winner here.  Not completely unscathed cuz he lost money, but Bruce takes the bigger L.

What team added more talent at the deadline than the Redskins?

I’ll wait...

3 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I don't understand the point of that hold out. Accomplished nothing, on both sides.

Well, Trent said he wanted to be traded or cut. Bruce said he's not doing either. it became a game of chicken, where Trent is walking into a 1-7 team where he avoided injury for at least 8 weeks and will end up accumulating a year towards his contract. 

I think Trent let Bruce know if he ignores him again he's willing to hurt the team to prove his point. 

Now I can look forward to watching Trent on the sidelines or in a uni knowing he's just going through the motions and doesn't want to be there. 

18 minutes ago, carex said:

He wouldn't report at all

He would have been dumb not to report. This way he gets this year to count against his agreement and enters next season on the last year of his deal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Unbias said:

I think Trent let Bruce know if he ignores him again he's willing to hurt the team to prove his point. 

I think they both accomplished this. 

Neither seems interested in doing what’s best for the team.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah most said money is the operative drill.   I wouldn't have budged on the money issue either as for the FO.  But i would have traded him.  I wonder if there is a way to work this where Trent doesn't get the accrued year?  I am assuming that's impossible but I don't know.   

This is why it's imperative that we have a competent GM/VP that knows what he's doing and doing it for the good of the team and not for himself or an owner if this is the case.  I don't know but food for thought.  

Edited by RWJ
5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

If Trent wants to walk in and “fake an injury”, he should just get a legitimate examination from our medical staff.

Trent: "Feels like I pulled my groin/hamstring Doc. I don't think I can go this week coach."

No medical exam can detect that.

1 minute ago, amm0409 said:

Bruce Allen and the Skins got screwed by Trent showing up before the deadline and not getting a deal done.  Trent will now only have a a yr contract left not two

This does nothing to screw the Skins. He's still under contract next year. This actually helps the Skins if he plays. If he comes in and plays at a high level it will raise his value. Bruce is still a bum and this doesn't make him look better, but point is it won't hurt the Skins.

Edited by desertbeagle85
4 minutes ago, megared said:

Only way Trent's camp could've played this better would've been by going to the media a week ago. 

Other than that, why would he go out his way, to do something to benefit the Redskins at this point?  He'd stay away, not accrue a season towards his retirement, to make Bruce Allen look good?

If the FO waffled like this on trading him this season, what leads anyone to believe they're going to stick to a plan this offseason?

to make himself more tradeable.  Plus he's only going to see part of his salary this year, where his complete contract rolls over to next year.  And what if this convinces them not to trade him next year.  Would he really want to do this all over?  Plus I am trying to give him some credit for his health concerns

4 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Well this has cost Williams approximately $5.1M so far in lost game checks plus whatever fines he racked up by holding out of training camp. Lets say $6M total.

That's an expensive way to hang the L on Bruce.

2 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Thanks for that article.  I was not in favor of waging a war with Trent before the deadline and just wanted to deal him.  But now am worried about trade value.   So I'd humor the idea.  But i got to sleep on it.  I am hot right now so need to cool off.  😀

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/29/trent-williams-contract-may-still-toll-by-a-full-year/

The ruling has since been interpreted as giving players under contract the ability to be on the roster for only eight regular-season games and avoid a tolling of the contract. If a player is on the roster for fewer than eight regular-season games, the team would have a potentially stronger argument for tolling.

Williams rejoins Washington with eight games left in the regular season. If Washington takes advantage of the ability to use a roster exemption for Williams, he’ll end up with fewer than eight games on the active roster. That could prompt Washington to fully utilize the roster exemption (typically, teams can use it for up to three weeks), to take the position that his contract tolls, and to force him to fight for an expansion of the Galloway case to allow him to be on the roster for less than eight regular-season games.

It ultimately could be a losing argument for Washington, but there’s no downside to giving it a try. And there’s no reason to think that Washington would take an aggressive approach aimed at keeping Williams under contract for an extra year, since that would enhance his eventual trade value in the offseason.

Trent played his hand the absolute smartest way he could.  The way many of us assumed all along and we’ve never worked for a professional football team in any capacity.  My god, it’s difficult to set the bar lower than these goons in Ashburn.  I mean, I’ve been killing Bruce for years for being inept, but I actually held out some glimmer of hope that not even his dumbass would really let this thing end up here.  Phew.  What a 30 for 30.  Might be the first mini-series version to fit it all in there.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RWJ said:

This is why is imperative that we have a competent GM/VP that knows what he's doing and doing it for the good of the team and not for himself or an owner if this is the case.  I don't know but food for thought.  

Bruce proved he’s a petulant brat & incapable of separating his delicate psyche from his professional obligations. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • TK changed the title to !!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up
  • TK locked this topic