Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up


Recommended Posts

Trent is under contract and I will have no ill will towards him as long as he plays.  I don't care how bad Bruce and Dan are, they've been bad forever and Trent has been here for 10 years and this team had his back when he was 1 offense away from a 1-year ban.

 

It would be different if we found out the team committed some egregious act towards Trent but that didn't happen or he would have filed a grievance and most likely the team would have unloaded him months ago to keep themselves from being involved in a scandal.

 

The players need to push for a major cap hike, I've said it before I hate having to put my hands in players pockets, it goes against everything I believe in and it makes me a hypocrite but as a fan you have to be aware of the cap and hope your team manages it effectively, its probably the only thing this FO has done at a satisfactory level. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

 

Not really. If he refuses to play it is conduct detrimental and they can suspend him and the season doesnt accrue. If he claims he is injured and doesnt play. The Skins can claim it was not football related and put him on the NFI list and keep his salary.


I don’t think he cares about his salary. Just his accrual of a season.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

 

Absolutely nothing and that's awesome as hell!!  **** Bruce! **** DAN!  To a certain extent **** the NFL for screwing the players over time and again. Yea, they bring some of it on their own like the CBA due to hiring an ignoramus to represent them among other things

 

What's amazing is the very few that get enough of an upper hand to stick it back to the owners, fans get all pissed off and take it personal that how dare the players actually get over on the owners for once.

 

I am rooting for Trent 100% here. Bruce had time to make this right and he screwed it up just like with Kirk. He has no idea how to handle talent - no one in the organization does. He is thoroughly delusional. Bruce and mini-me can rot their ignorant asses in hell for what they he and mini-me have done to this team. 

This is a ridiculous take. The players have to sign off on the CBA. Trent had two years left on his deal and had already made 90 million dollars. Give me a break.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The commissioner has the ultimate arbitration power under the CBA. The Zeke and Brady cases solidified that. If the he refuses to play or fakes injury the Redskins need to treat this a a disciplinary case and not a medical grievance. They need to suspend him for conduct detrimental then have the commissioner intercede and suspend him for conduct detrimental to the NFL.  
 

The owners need to take power back and the nonsense Jalen Ramsey and now if the reports are accurate Trent want to pull is unacceptable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

The commissioner has the ultimate arbitration power under the CBA. The Zeke and Brady cases solidified that. If the he refuses to play or fakes injury the Redskins need to treat this a a disciplinary case and not a medical grievance. They need to suspend him for conduct detrimental then have the commissioner intercede and suspend him for conduct detrimental to the NFL.  
 

The owners need to take power back and the nonsense Jalen Ramsey and now if the reports are accurate Trent want to pull is unacceptable. 

Which if done he would NOT get the 1 yr accrual. That is what I suggested a # of pages back..suspension for conduct detrimental and not put him on the roster. That's my tack on how to deal with it (if legal)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Which if done he would NOT get the 1 yr accrual. That is what I suggested a # of pages back..suspension for conduct detrimental and not put him on the roster. That's my tack on how to deal with it (if legal)


It’s legal as long as the commissioner says so. He has god power with respect to player conduct under the CBA which the players collective bargained for and accepted. That’s how you screw him and make an example out of him. I am sure the other owners want to nip this nonsense in the bud. 
 

But until he actually refuses to play or fakes injury, I’m not convinced. He doesn’t seem like he would act like a fraud and ruin his reputation. He better get black balled from the hall of fame as well if he pulls this crap.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:


I would have been as well had Trent not waited until late in the off-season to let his intentions be known. 

 

 I could care less when he said it. they knew **** was wrong. They knew there were problems - maybe not how bad. But they knew. And they still had plenty of time to fix this, It's not like the Tunsil deal happened before Trent announced. 

 

It's business. He announced when he had the best leverage. He did what he had to. The team had plenty of time to get something done and they arrogantly did nothing. 

21 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

 

You are only saying this because we are 1-7 as opposed to being in a playoff push, like somehow that means this doesnt matter.  This isnt about taking sides, this is about saying both sides are dead wrong here. Two wrongs dont make a right.  We dont even really know why hes doing this to ask me to support him on this, jus speculation.

 

So you want this to be normal?

 

I want this to NOT be a POS organization that is too ****ing stupid to take care of business!  And wake up - it is normal. Its part of the CBA and every player is 100% able to do exactly what he is doing. 

 

They had chances to mitigate this loss. They had chances to make this right. They were too arrogant to do either. So they are not reaping what they sowed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The absolute worst case scenario has happened. If this doesn't end with Bruce fired at the end of the season, I don't know, man. This getting Bruce fired is the only silver lining I've got, but not getting the bounty they could have for Trent set the team back years, even if Bruce gets fired. There really isn't anything left.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This is a ridiculous take. The players have to sign off on the CBA. Trent had two years left on his deal and had already made 90 million dollars. Give me a break.

 

There is nothing ridiculous about my take at all. Everything he is doing is WITHIN the CBA!!!  It has consequences and he will pay them or at least is willing to pay them. What part of the CBA is he getting away with? And if he does, it's only because the team decided to let it happen. Give me a ****ing break with all this whining about contracts and crap. That is what is ridiculous. Its business! People need to grow up. 

 

BTW - He is not making MORE money doing this. At least not yet and likely never. He is leaving $Ms on the table and accruing fines. I know this hard to fathom but there really could be parts about this that have nothing to do with money. 

 

 

Edited by goskins10
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

 

 I could care less when he said it. they knew **** was wrong. They knew there were problems - maybe not how bad. But they knew. And they still had plenty of time to fix this, It's not like the Tunsil deal happened before Trent announced. 

 

It's business. He announced when he had the best leverage. He did what he had to. The team had plenty of time to get something done and they arrogantly did nothing.

 

 

How'd that work out for him?  Had he announced sooner, he could have been traded, gotten an extension from a new team, and been paid all year.  He could have kept his bonus from the Skins.  He may  never recoup the money lost during this holdout.  He may even end up not getting credit for a season if the Skins manage to get a roster exemption through.

 

Now he's destined for arbitration and possibly a court case.  How many teams want to deal with that hanging over his head?  What team will want him after the **** he's pulled here?

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

 

You are only saying this because we are 1-7 as opposed to being in a playoff push, like somehow that means this doesnt matter.  This isnt about taking sides, this is about saying both sides are dead wrong here. Two wrongs dont make a right.  We dont even really know why hes doing this to ask me to support him on this, jus speculation.

 

tenor.gif?itemid=13133518

 

Once I knew that we were going into the season with Case as our starter, with Gruden as our coach, my ceiling was 2-3 wins at this point in the season.  

 

@KDawg Sorry in advance man, but Case Keenum + a gazillion pass attempts a game = bad outcomes.  Trent wasn't going to impact that.  

 

We haven't even been competitive for the vast majority of the season.  And the left side of our o-line hasn't even been a limitation. 

 

19 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

So you want this to be normal?

 

You can't complain about players gaining leverage and not point out that teams like the Redskins routinely pay beyond market value in free agency, thus driving salaries higher.  Alex Smith, Josh Norman, Terrelle Pryor, Paul Richardson, Landon Collins.  

 

I mean they decided to reset the LT market with Trent back when they did the extension.  Nobody held them at gunpoint.  

 

Don't worry though, we won't have this problem, soon.  Since we appear to have an uncanny talent of not retaining homegrown players, we soon will have a roster full of players that aren't good enough to exercise any form of leverage.  And the guys not short sighted enough to take the hometown discount will go on to thrive in greener pastures, in better organizations.  At this point, that appears to be approximately...31 teams.    

Link to post
Share on other sites

My prediction:

 

Trent gets traded in the offseason.

Anti-Bruce fans claim the compensation was less than what it could have been if he was traded earlier.

Pro-Bruce fans claim we don't know for certain what the initial trade offers were, if any.

Skins continue to lose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KDawg said:

 

Did you tag the wrong person?

 

My apologies if I'm incorrect.  I thought we had a back and forth (some time ago) on tying the team's success to how many times Case throws the ball. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, megared said:

 

My apologies if I'm incorrect.  I thought we had a back and forth (some time ago) on tying the team's success to how many times Case throws the ball. 

 

I don't think I've ever had that position in my life.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sempre_victrix said:

 

How'd that work out for him?  Had he announced sooner, he could have been traded, gotten an extension from a new team, and been paid all year.  He could have kept his bonus from the Skins.  He may  never recoup the money lost during this holdout.  He may even end up not getting credit for a season if the Skins manage to get a roster exemption through.

 

Now he's destined for arbitration and possibly a court case.  How many teams want to deal with that hanging over his head?  What team will want him after the **** he's pulled here?

 

 

 

 

Tunsil happened after he signed so all those things could have happened since he announced. All those things you said are meaningless since they still could have happened if bruce/dan were not so completely inept at their jobs. So when he announced made zero difference.  But even if they did, so ****ing what?? 

 

Let's say all that were true - which it is not - he is clearly willing to take that risk/penalty. That is his business. And he is/will pay the price - one that is his to pay. It's his call.

 

But again, nothing about the timing stopped the team from getting out of this, only their arrogance and ignorance. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

My prediction:

 

Trent gets traded in the offseason.

Anti-Bruce fans claim the compensation was less than what it could have been if he was traded earlier.

Pro-Bruce fans claim we don't know for certain what the initial trade offers were, if any.

Skins continue to lose.

I still find it unbelievable that we still have pro-Bruce fans... No offense to anyone on here but it's mind boggling 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, megared said:

 

He offered to give a year...just not to this organization.  With how they've mismanaged everything else, can you blame him?

 

I'm sure Scherff is just oh-so-impressed by the FO's strength in negotiations, that he's gonna sacrifice money to accept a low ball offer, and stay part of this great culture.  Do you really think our guys on their rookie contracts aren't paying attention to this ****?

 

I actually think it would be really funny if the way Trent went about this became a standard for every Redskins player until Bruce leaves. All drafted rookies play out their initial contracts, then refuse to resign. All players just notifying their agents that returning to play here is not going to happen, and make sure it's clearly stated and explained in a press conference for each player.

 

It won't happen, but I think it'd be hilarious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, megared said:

 

You can't complain about players gaining leverage and not point out that teams like the Redskins routinely pay beyond market value in free agency, thus driving salaries higher.  Alex Smith, Josh Norman, Terrelle Pryor, Paul Richardson, Landon Collins.  

 

 

If anything the front office has become cheap AF, they arent wheeling and dealing overpaying everyone that comes in here and stays.  Both the Reed and Kerrigan deals were more the reasonable, this has nothing to do with anything, you're jus looking for different ways to day what the redskins are doing is worse then what Teent is doing so it's all good. Do you, I'm not with you on this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

It's business. He announced when he had the best leverage. He did what he had to. The team had plenty of time to get something done and they arrogantly did nothing. 

If it was money then yes what he did was smart in terms of leverage. If it was a legitimate gripe against the team and it’s medical staff and he was determined to never play for the team again then no, he screwed himself.  The proof is in the pudding.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jamellm78 said:

I still find it unbelievable that we still have pro-Bruce fans... No offense to anyone on here but it's mind boggling 

I would bet my entire years paycheck that Bruce Allen has a huge, loyal fanbase in Dallas, Philadelphia,  and New York 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

 

I want this to NOT be a POS organization that is too ****ing stupid to take care of business!  And wake up - it is normal. Its part of the CBA and every player is 100% able to do exactly what he is doing. 

 

They had chances to mitigate this loss. They had chances to make this right. They were too arrogant to do either. So they are not reaping what they sowed. 

 

CBA doesnt allow this anymore then the law allows murder with the expectation of  jail sentence.  Good for you for being pissed, I am too, at both of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TK changed the title to !!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up
  • TK locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...