Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Package doctson and Trent for a 1st and fuller. Dudes only healthy have the time, but when he is he’s special. Draft LT with our current pick which will be high and a MLB with the Texans. Championship 2020

If the shoe were on the other foot, would you trade a first for Doctson and Trent? Much less package Fuller with it? I would not.

4 hours ago, Unbias said:

Wouldn't trading him away for garbage just be the most consistent outcome of what we've grown to expect?

I'm trying not to be negative, but also realistic. IMHO Bruce will get a bruised ego, blame the player/his agent, then celebrate his 'B' plan because it's 'better than nothing'. 

Yes that's what I'd expect as a Skins fan, but I would also expect Skins fans to want the right price. I've seen many fans in here say just trade him for whatever you can get. Which leads me to believe there thought process has been poisoned by Snyder and this organizations thinking. 

9 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

If the shoe were on the other foot, would you trade a first for Doctson and Trent? Much less package Fuller with it? I would not.

In general, the only teams I would think that would do a trade like that would be the types that are a player or two away. But what team is “close” that doesn’t have a solid LT? 

Trent is worth a first, but we aren’t gonna get one. 

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ok I follow.  Yeah from my point of view (as a fan) as to Trent am not really angry if he wants more money or whatever.  I just have no sympathy for his position if that's his angle.  

I want to trade Trent.  And it has nothing to do with any of this stuff.  I want to rebuild some more.  So in this case, the drama doesn't bug me much because I am perfectly fine with what some see as worse case scenario which would be trading him. 

Ah, okay, in my sparse participation I misunderstood your position, both in the now and what would ultimately happen.

I would like Trent to stay out of nostalgia and appreciation.  And because if you're not drafting for a left tackle, then you're not going to be able to just replace him.  I'd prefer he go somewhere in the AFC that won't meet us in the Super Bowl, and given the market, I'd like a damn high pick for him.

What I feel I'm opposed to is more the light vitriol some of us are giving him.  Um, he's been here ten years and was an incredible teammate, insane player, a leader, and the toughest guy on the team.  Those who are willing to cast him off as "ungrateful" should choose whether they'd like to be the teapot or the kettle.

15 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

What I feel I'm opposed to is more the light vitriol some of us are giving him.  Um, he's been here ten years and was an incredible teammate, insane player, a leader, and the toughest guy on the team.  Those who are willing to cast him off as "ungrateful" should choose whether they'd like to be the teapot or the kettle.

I guess I'm in that camp. 

He signed a contract that he was happy with.  He has not played an entire season since 2013.  He waited until after the draft to drop this bomb on the team.  He has not given his reason to the fanbase about why he will not play for DC.  Just him saying that is a slap in the face of the fans.

Fans get too attached to players..   Trent while still being a good player, has past his prime..  It's obvious he's not able to complete a season healthy, no matter his desire to be on the field...  Patriots and other good teams recognize when it's time to move on from good players..   It's time to move on, if the price is right.

13 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don't have much love for Sua Cravens, but the Skins seem to always have their hand in some drama...

Garbage organization. That's gonna result in a lot of stories, some true, some just piling on, impossible to tell the difference because anyone with a functioning cerebral cortex can recognize that the owner is a vile cretin, and his right hand man is an epic, vile piece of excrement.  Fan's that shine this stuff on, I get it, you get tired of hearing our team being trashed by players current and former, but remember, this is earned. As great as we were from 1969-1992, we've basically been the equivalent of the 1970's/1980's era Bucs and Cardinals  since 1993, and we've been owned by a guy every bit as evil and incompetent as Bidwill, and our F.O.'s have generally been a house of horrors for 30 years running. It's not our fault that this happened, it just is, and it's gonna stay this way until Snyder sells or passes away. 

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It could be worse, if this is true, wow!  😀 I am in the camp that Dak is vastly overrated.   Aside from Elliot, they might have other looming hold outs.  

That is a truly terrible situation to be in. He's a top 10-12 fantasy QB, but NFL QB? Not a chance. He's a league average guy. He's clinically insane to be expecting that kind of deal, they're going to need to pass and draft a QB in the '20 or '21 class or trade him for somebody else's QB. 

For whatever the reasons he’s holding out, I think Trent thought we’d acquiesce and either sign a new check or trade him. Up till now we’ve done neither.  If we aren’t offered a deal that we absolutely can’t pass up, I think Trent is on his way to losing game checks, how many is up to him and the trade offers.  

I love the guy but at this point, we need to get what we can for Trent.

Unfortunately for all us fans and Gruden, we are in rebuilding year... FO need to do the right thing for the future.  

Also in regards to Fuller... i thought he was considered to be somewhat of a flop in KC... am i wrong on this?

1 hour ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

For whatever the reasons he’s holding out, I think Trent thought we’d acquiesce and either sign a new check or trade him. Up till now we’ve done neither.  If we aren’t offered a deal that we absolutely can’t pass up, I think Trent is on his way to losing game checks, how many is up to him and the trade offers.  

Reports lately tends to indicate we don't want to trade. Then we should have signed him back one way or another. If he's not here by Week 1, then our FO should make a trade happen. Keeping disgruntled players on a team is never a good option...

10 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Package doctson and Trent for a 1st and fuller. Dudes only healthy have the time, but when he is he’s special. Draft LT with our current pick which will be high and a MLB with the Texans. Championship 2020

LOL   No team is giving up a 1st for a 32 year old tackle with this injury history. And Josh Doctson is 9 months from being released, every team has seen what we have seen from him.  Together they won't fetch a 1st, and you want Fuller too?  Not a chance,

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/while-redskins-say-they-wont-trade-him-3-teams-active-pursuit-trent-williams-source

Of course, the Redskins will publicly state their utmost reluctance to move on from Williams. Of course they will. Jay Gruden did just that in Richmond, when he said he "highly doubts" the team would trade Williams.

What else are they supposed to say? Trading Williams seems crazy, a move that only a desperate team would make, a move that a team would only make if it truly believes that player won't report. And the second team president Bruce Allen and the Redskins blink and allow that Williams might actually not come back, their bargaining power shrinks. Not to mention, Williams is still under contract for two more seasons. 

Just to consider moving Williams means Washington believes he really won't come back, or if he does, will no longer be an asset to the team. It's hard to envision a scenario where Allen does much to entice Williams to report. Perhaps the Redskins could convert some 2020 salary to guaranteed money right now, but Allen has made a stern policy of not working on new contracts until a player is in the final year of his deal. Williams isn't. And a new deal seems out of the question, for as good as Williams is, it might not be the prudent move. He is 31 and hasn't played a full season since 2013.

To move Williams, the Redskins need to command a haul in return. To do that, the team needs leverage and multiple suitors. By refusing to trade Williams now the team builds some leverage. They don't look desperate to move him. There are already multiple suitors, including New England, which was first reported nearly two weeks ago by The Athletic. 

6 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

Garbage organization. That's gonna result in a lot of stories, some true, some just piling on, impossible to tell the difference

Agree.  It's sad but it is what it is.  I just got for example the Football Outsiders 2019 preview.  For most teams they do the summary of the season and what's to come.  For the Redskins it's just a diatribe of what's wrong with Bruce, Dan on and on.  And its way more scathing than anything any of us have said on the Bruce thread.  And that's from an analytics outfit that's supposed to be all about numbers. 

And I agree some rally against the hyperbole.  Some of it is indeed hyperbole.  But there is a reason why this organization gets piled on.  It's not some random coincidence that they picked on this team.    I doubt it changes until somehow miraculously this team becomes a perennial winner or Dan sells the team. 

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To move Williams, the Redskins need to command a haul in return. To do that, the team needs leverage and multiple suitors. By refusing to trade Williams now the team builds some leverage. They don't look desperate to move him.

Only a bidding war between a few teams could bring valuable compensation. If not I believe Bruce can pull a stupid trade ala Alex Smith contract :silly:;)

I agree with JLC he's gone

Patriots would be my choice right now if whatever picks included Isaiah Wynn. Give me a young unproven LT who they took in the 1st last year and missed 2018 because of an injury. Gives the Skins a guy who would be a backup to Penn to start the year and could end up taking over at some point. 

1 minute ago, FrFan said:

Only a bidding war between a few teams could bring valuable compensation. If not I believe Bruce can pull a stupid trade ala Alex Smith contract :silly:;)

Agree they could use a bidding war.  I also agree that Bruce is capable of pulling off a stupid trade.  On Bruce, I am more worried that he gets stubborn and decides not to trade him and prefers a showdown with Trent to see if he's willing to miss games.  

6 hours ago, wilco_holland said:

Dak feels a bit like Kirk situation. Agent and QB know that they are in a strong position. Some team would overpay for him at the open market so why not try to get it from the Cowboys. 

This is part of football now, unfortunately. Look forward to it happening to us with Haskins - assuming he makes it that far. Hopefully he will be worth it. But we will either have to pay him, or draft another one. 

If things keep going like this i think im in favor of drafting a guy at the position every year and always having one more than we need in the chamber. 

Archived