Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Bruce Allen shouldn't be in charge of  trades. Since he's been w/ the Redskins we've pretty much lost every single trade he's been in charge of. The guy is a total  bum and he's proven that over the years. He's been a bum here and he was a bum in Tampa. Have someone else do the trades so we get value for Trent if he is in deed being moved.  Keep Bruce back in his office and let him drink Coors all damn day cause that is all he's good for. 

8 hours ago, Llevron said:

This is part of football now, unfortunately. Look forward to it happening to us with Haskins - assuming he makes it that far. Hopefully he will be worth it. But we will either have to pay him, or draft another one. 

If things keep going like this i think im in favor of drafting a guy at the position every year and always having one more than we need in the chamber. 

Dallas should trade Dak as we should have traded Kirk & LAR should trade Goff... next year. 

39 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The 1st round pick only entered into the scenario because of Schefter.  But I’ll take his word on value over any of ours.  Schefter said a first and change, so a first is where the bar is set now.  

He must read ES.

All of the Houston beat guys talking a Trent trade now...a Clowney deal as well surprising. 🤔

28 minutes ago, dyst said:

Two #1 picks in next years 2020 draft (our own pick and the pick of whatever team trades for Trent), would be a GREAT way to rebuild this offensive line. You can draft two of the best lineman if possible (a LT and LG). Honestly, I'd try to trade Morgan too if you can net a high enough draft pick.

Absolutely.

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

If we get a 1st for TW then everyone bashing the FO will need to swallow their pride and give props. No team in their right mind should trade a 1st for a diminishing player who has played 2/3s of the games over the past three seasons. Not only that, they know that TW will hold out and has us hamstrung. If you're expecting a first and nothing else will suffice then prepare to be disappointed. At this point, I don't care, this drama is bull**** and I want it gone. Give me a 2nd or a decent player and let's move on. 

This...

4 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

Agreed, but who is going to trade for him, knowing that he want's $40M

I don’t believe he has asked for anything close to that, but I also haven’t kept up with it. Obviously no one will give him 40m, but there are always desperate GMs who need an answer at QB & Dak ended 2019 with as much value as I think he’ll ever have. Of course, I hope they sign him for 40m, if not 45.

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

@volsmet A first and some change for Trent or Clowney and some change? 

I was hoping we would get something + Clowney but it seems we’d send them something if it got worked out. We have rebuffed Houston many times thus far. I don’t know the cap/contract situation well enough, though it’d not be difficult to find out... but I think there is an issue with the ability to sign JC long term at this time with his franchise tag attached to him. 

Houston wants Trent. We don’t seem as keen to add Clowney. The contract may be the issue, but it may just be that we are happy on the edge or Houston wants a pick with TW. Each seems destined to end up in a new uniform by Sept 8.

I'd much rather Houston's first round pick next year than clowney.

First off we need to rebuild the offensive line and two first round picks can get that accomplished, and secondly we don't need his contract on the books.

The best teams get talent through the draft and make very selective decisions on who to pay and who to let walk not signing players to huge contracts when their cheap rookie contract is up.

We just did that with Collins and we just can't afford to do it again. 

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'd much rather Houston's first round pick next year than clowney.

2 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

Personally, I'd rather get a high pick than a player.  We need to free up some cap, not add more headaches down the road.

I believe you two are thinking similarly to Bruce. 

What we could have had for Trent before this draft - Houston would have been happy to give us a 1+ for Trent in April. The timing of this is obviously frustrating for us fans & the FO.

A few months late but this has been discussed since April. If these players want to get this done, I believe that they can. 

6B1AD332-8FDE-4EDA-9F25-E463475BC19E.jpeg

6 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I believe you two are thinking similarly to Bruce. 

What we could have had for Trent before this draft - Houston would have been happy to give us a 1+ for Trent in April. The timing of this is obviously frustrating for us fans & the FO.

A few months late but this has been discussed since April. If these players want to get this done, I believe that they can. 

That's why I am not on TW's side in this.  He could have gotten what he wanted had he started this mess prior to the draft.  Easy peasy.  But he purposely waited to in order to screw us.  At least that is how it is looking to me.

We don't need Clowney and we certainly don't need one injury plagued player at $16M for another injury plagued player at $13M.   Take the pick.....

39 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Wish trent had voiced his frustrations a little sooner.

Bruce Allen cryptically said in early June that knew what the issue was with Trent. Since then it's been almost dead silence from the front office. 

It seems like they have had at least had 2 months and they are choosing to try and force Trent to play for the Redskins. Not sure if this is because it's the best option or if we are being stubborn.

46 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I don’t believe he has asked for anything close to that, but I also haven’t kept up with it. Obviously no one will give him 40m, but there are always desperate GMs who need an answer at QB & Dak ended 2019 with as much value as I think he’ll ever have. Of course, I hope they sign him for 40m, if not 45.

I agree that there is very little chance Dak is asking for $40 million.  My guess is he ends up with a little more than Wentz got with his extension.  That seems reasonable based on fairly similar production between the two over the three years they have been in the league.  

As for Trent, I see the logic in waiting for a team to get desperate due to injury to their LT.  However, here is some risk to that approach.  For example, if Houston is interested, their interest could completely disappear if Watson goes down with an injury in the next few weeks (and he does take a lot of hits).  

I think it is possible that the Skins could get a 1st for Trent, but it is hard to know for sure.  Another factor could be if Trent is also asking for a new contract from any team he is traded to.  That would impact his trade value.

2 hours ago, CTskin said:

If we get a 1st for TW then everyone bashing the FO will need to swallow their pride and give props. 

Props? The only potential Redskins HOFer wants to leave. We reportedly way under bid our awesome guard. Mason Foster. DJ Swearinger. Cousins. RG3. Mike and Kyle Shanahan. Zorn. Gregg Williams. Champ Bailey. Norv Turner. Bruce Smith. Deion. Marty. Moses, Cravens and Doctson have all, in different ways, expressed some kind of solidarity with Trent and the training situation. They couldn't even find a new D coordinator because nobody wants to be here.

The list is so much longer than the one above. It's filled with former Redskins who hate this franchise. Now one of the best wants out. The only saving grace was the Gibbs 2 era.

Props? No way. This is an embarrassment. If you're thinking about draft picks and injury concerns, I get it, but that's the small picture. Our own children want out of this family. 

It's not everyone else's fault.

46 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

nix the Clowney trade idea.  Lets get a good pick and use it to draft a quiet guy who does his job well.

Having just shed DJ, we may be more inclined to stay away from JC if he’s perceived to be a problem on our end. The coaches & players in Houston like him, or claim to. 

But, some think he quit at times in college & now he’s holding out — draft picks may be the best fit for us.

Archived