Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

I don’t know where all this goes anymore, but we need for Trump to do everything he is doing now. It needs to be all out in the open. Admitting he sent Rudy, taking money from military projects for his wall, pardoning people that lied on his behalf. It’s the best path to a Dem Senate and a Dem winning the White House 

56 minutes ago, Larry said:

@visionary "Trump suggested he may no longer allow a wide range of officials to listen in on his calls with foreign leaders. “I may end the practice entirely,” Trump said."

Recall a cartoon from a year or so ago.  Trump and Putin sitting in some ornate room somewhere, with a tiny table of somethings between them.  Trump is leaning over towards the Secret Service man behind him, talking out the side of his mouth.  

"Make sure the Americans haven't bugged the room."  

I think he should use the Cone of Silence.

It's amazing that Trump's supporters continue to believe everyone around Trump is a liar or deserved to be fired/has what's coming to him.  You'd think at some point they would think of Trump the way they do Taylor Swift and say "It ain't them, it's you!"  Most of these people were his nominees and choices, yet they were horrified to see what he has been up to behind the scenes.   When Trump says things like "in over his head" it sounds like code for "not willing to loyal to the point of breaking the law for me"   Trump is the guy with the least amount of experience and public service of anyone, yet his followers take his word as gospel when he denigrates folks who have dedicated their lives to their jobs through multiple administrations and world views.   

3 hours ago, Larry said:

"We know he lied under oath.  But we don't think it's impeachable."  

It might be impeachable, but what's that even worth these days?   

Why take political risks for something that they can't win and has every chance to make them look petty in the eyes of the general public who don't pay attention to the details and would only see the Democrats doing another failed impeachment trial?  From their point of view anyway.  The only way the Democrats do any more impeachment proceedings would be with guaranteed significant Republican support ahead of time.  I'm sure they'll investigate all of this though to some extent. 

Oh, I think they should investigate all of it.  Simply as a way to get the courts to get off their robes and rule that yes, the executive branch actually does have to comply with congressional subpoenas.  If they just throw up their hands and say (correctly) that the R's will not vote to convict no matter what the evidence, and just stop, then we don;t get a SC ruling on this obstruction.  And the next R administration, congress will have to start the years-long process again, from zero.  (And probably against an administration that is more competent at coverup.)  

Best be ready.

I mean, it's only the entire GOP continuing to hammer home the agenda that everyone against the President 
HATES YOU AND YOUR COUNTRY

So I am sure an "election" will clear it all up. And I am sure it will be fair, and that whatever happens they will accept as fair and democratic, especially if they lose.

This will not end well, everyone. 

~Bang

24 minutes ago, Bang said:

Best be ready.

I mean, it's only the entire GOP continuing to hammer home the agenda that everyone against the President 
HATES YOU AND YOUR COUNTRY

So I am sure an "election" will clear it all up. And I am sure it will be fair, and that whatever happens they will accept as fair and democratic, especially if they lose.

This will not end well, everyone. 

~Bang

Yep - it's this constant hate preaching by the GOP that continues to undermine & divide the nation. It's why I hate that ****ing asshole Limbaugh. I had to listen to him spew his hate one summer while I was at a client in TX during Clinton's presidency. "Day XX of capture...." **** you, Rush & the rest of your phony, blowhard pals. 

2 hours ago, visionary said:

Jesus Christ. 

My favorite part, "The only thing these people are guilty of, that had to go to jail, they're guilty of the same thing you and I are guilty of...that we support our president."

"The only thing this guy who robbed a home is guilty of is the same thing as you or I...wanting more stuff. Is that illegal now?"

But he is right on one count. I do hate McCarthy. I do hate Hannity. I don't necessarily hate all of their viewers, but I don't particularly feel much pity for them for willingly swallowing swill and begging for more. To me those guys are hated not merely because they exist and support Trump but because they deal entirely in lies, smears, and bigotry. And their entire careers are built around appealing to the worst in the humans who watch and listen to them.

They're walking, talking, human shaped pathogens as far as I'm concerned. 

i like how the "further emboldened" don (hi susan, you feckless mass of crippled tissue) just flat out tweets his quid pro quos openly now as with gov. cuomo and the lawsuits

i can easily understand the attitude behind giving a hearty "**** you" to some republicans trying to disassociate from trump (who in reality gets the support of approx 90% of gopers) because those republicans were usually gung-ho gopers as voters/pontificators who have been supporting all those cesspool components of the conservative culture while clamoring "hey, we're not like that and i'm certainly not"....to me those gopers are quite culpable. ..you energetically gave cover to all that ugly dysfunction in the various ****-eating sub-tribes of the gop for decades and gave it sustenance to grow

the dems, screwy as they are, haven't supported or put anything like this cosmic-sized travesty of a human being and sewer of an admin (literally hundreds of historic level ****-eaters brought in under the orange glow) in charge during my lifetime

gopers that have been actively anti-trump since day one and focus the large bulk of their energy going after trumpworld get much more of a pass 

While I believe that Barr's interview yesterday was largely to establish the lie that he is acting independently, I also believe that the reason was he is becoming concerned about his own tail. This development makes me think there might be some chance he bails to save his own skin.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-tweets-he-has-legal-right-involve-g-barr-criminal-n1136906?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_np

this is just a small thing in the overall context, but after a couple months and dozens of denials on audio/video clips by don that he was conspiring with rudy in any way on trips to ukraine, he now allows he did....hard to ever move very far from a position of "**** every elected goper i can think of and the 90% of its constituency that support don ****-for-brains" and embrace a kinder and gentler approach

3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

this is just a small thing in the overall context, but after a couple months and dozens of denials on audio/video clips by don that he was conspiring with rudy in any way on trips to ukraine, he now allows he did....hard to ever move very far from a position of "**** every elected goper i can think of and the 90% of its constituency that support don ****-for-brains" and embrace a kinder and gentler approach

Asked conservative work roomie about this and ill bet any of you can guess his response in under a minute. 

Archived