Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

What we are realizing in real-time is that laws and the rule of law are not some built in magical remedy when bad things happen.  They are dependent on the folks in charge to actually want to follow said laws.  If they don't, then laws become as flimsy or non-existent as Trump's workout regimen. 

13 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

What we are realizing in real-time is that laws and the rule of law are not some built in magical remedy when bad things happen.  They are dependent on the folks in charge to actually want to follow said laws.  If they don't, then laws become as flimsy or non-existent as Trump's workout regimen. 

or say immigration or marijuana laws?

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Bob Mueller deserves this. He knows all that Trump did and didn’t go all in on the investigation. He failed to subpoena Trump then let the AG control the narrative of the report. I’ll be surprised if we hear anything from him besides a statement that he didn’t lie to Congress even though Trump will continue to **** all over him 

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

Bob Mueller deserves this. He knows all that Trump did and didn’t go all in on the investigation. He failed to subpoena Trump then let the AG control the narrative of the report. I’ll be surprised if we hear anything from him besides a statement that he didn’t lie to Congress even though Trump will continue to **** all over him 

When Mueller testified to Congress I felt that he was chosen because he had impeccable credentials and that those close to him (Rosenstein) knew that he had lost a step.

14 minutes ago, twa said:

I'm seeing it said the prosecutors sandbagged the DOJ with false reports on sentencing

Which doesn't really matter unless the prosecutors were out of line with what is normal for this type of sentencing recomendation

At this point there's a valid reason for not including trumps puppets in things. We're seeing it play out right now.

The fact that 3 withdrew and 1 resigned suggests they did what was right and what the Trump admin is doing is corrupt. 

I'm sure you don't see it that way though...

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Which doesn't really matter unless the prosecutors were out of line with what is normal for this type of sentencing recomendation

If they tried to deceive those with oversight of them it does matter regardless of anything else.

29 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Can you cite your sources for this? I'm not claiming it's false but I'd like to know where this came from.

I've been hearing the same thing on NPR.

The prosecutors supposedly did not follow what was discussed with the DOJ.

Presumably because the DOJ has been corrupted by Trump and his stooges. Hence the withdraws and resignation.

Cause people with dignity usually push back against corruption and incompetence, and when they've exhausted their options they quit and go work somewhere else where they don't need to be a part of it all.

These people didn't throw their careers away because they were blocked from exercising their political bias, which is what TWA and the GOP are going to push. No objective person is going to agree with that bull**** narrative (pending real information that shows such... which, like everything else with the GOP's bull**** talking points for a while now, I'm willing to bet there will never be such information).

Like much of this administration, it's obvious what's going on. But it's done in a way that the political hacks are allowed to feel comfortable with bull**** narratives they're told, and then push to others.

Archived