Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

39 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

But the note that a lot of Hilter is remembered for occurred after he got the unquestioned power cannot be understated.  Trump isnt the mastermind he was, but he doesnt need to be.

You can fool all of the people some of the time.

And some of the people all of the time.  

And that is sufficient.  

38 minutes ago, visionary said:

I wonder what they're going to decide.  

4 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Feckless Dems with their Hollywood insider pals should have had videos about Stone up on all the social media outlets within 30min of this. 

They are still deluding themselves into playing by the old rules of decorum and **** like that. They are going to have to lose some decency to fight these monsters and they aint ready to do that yet as a party. 

Burnie tho 

1 hour ago, Chachie said:

Here he is just last night literally pushing people at his rally to subvert the voting in the NH primary...

And they will.
Nothing to see here. 

When he tells them to demand his extensions, by force if necessary they will.

The Roger Stone thing is utterly disgusting. 
I bet he probably gets a term measured in months, as in less than a year behind bars.
The rule of law, our very sovereignty.. these things do not matter to these people.

Unless you're a minority. Or a democrat.. or anyone else that is not them.

~Bang

😂 "the Attorney General must resign"

Woo. That'll do something, huh? Guess ol' Freddy Flintstone ESQ will see the error of his ways now.

As i've said before..  evil is given rise because good people expect them to behave in ways according to what they expect as good people.

They usually don't get up until there are tank tracks up and down their ass.

~Bang

57 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Comparing Trump to Mussolini instead of Hitler does help bring this conversation closer to where it needs to be.  I get where @Larry is coming from being careful with that comparison even if I dont agree how he articulated it.

But the note that a lot of Hilter is remembered for occurred after he got the unquestioned power cannot be understated.  Trump isnt the mastermind he was, but he doesnt need to be.

BTW, whatever happened to ol' Benito?  Oh yeah...

italy-mussolini-milan-italy-shutterstock-editorial-7401556a.jpg

12 minutes ago, Bang said:

The Roger Stone thing is utterly disgusting. 
I bet he probably gets a term measured in months, as in less than a year behind bars.
The rule of law, our very sovereignty.. these things do not matter to these people.

The Judge in this case has been very tough on Stone. She's going to hammer DoJ and have them explain what the hell happened here. She might still give him a tough sentence. And it's very likely that Stone eventually receives a pardon. 

To get this all straight, he's going to jail for obstructing an investigation into Trump's campaign, which he managed to do so successfully and Trump seems to have successfully gotten the DoJ to reward Stone for his obstruction by interfering in his case and walking back their tough sentencing guidelines. It is absolutely amazing that the GOP runs as the "law and order" party while constantly giving the entire concept a swirly and a wedgy on a daily basis.

5 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The Judge in this case has been very tough on Stone. She's going to hammer DoJ and have them explain what the hell happened here. She might still give him a tough sentence. And it's very likely that Stone eventually receives a pardon. 

To get this all straight, he's going to jail for obstructing an investigation into Trump's campaign, which he managed to do so successfully and Trump seems to have successfully gotten the DoJ to reward Stone for his obstruction by interfering in his case and walking back their tough sentencing guidelines.

This is indeed probable.. i don't recall Trump's exact wording, but I think it was along the lines of HE won't allow this miscarriage of justice (a tougher sentence.).

So I agree, i HOPE the Judge holds her ground and gives him the original recommended sentence,, and if she does, he will pardon him. (and fire her)
And i think even if he gets 6 months, he probably will pardon him anyway. (and fire her)

as to the end of Mussolini..   if we ever do come to that,.. there will be a LOT o blood spilled along the way, and not by outside forces trying to oust our dictator. But by us. On us.

~Bang

27 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

BTW, whatever happened to ol' Benito?  Oh yeah...

That was after he invaded the northern half of Africa.

@Bang is right, historical context is important and helps to keep these conversations from seeming brand new, but not an exact science. Not saying you said it was, but ya, context. 

13 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The first of what should be many. This is a blatantly corrupt scandal staring House Dems in the face. What will they do?

Idk, man, Trump is getting a point where hes doing one thing after the other that can label impeachable.  My concern is the house states producing articles of impeachment in bulk with no plan for him being acquitted for every single one.

They need to get the courts help on checking the executive branch, this going alone **** isnt going to work.  Judiciary branch cant jus be spectators in this while they are systematically replaced with folks by Trump.  

I dont understand why they didnt push for an anonymous vote in the senate or ask the Cheif Justice to stop acting like a substitute teacher with democracy on the line.

1 hour ago, Bang said:

This is indeed probable.. i don't recall Trump's exact wording, but I think it was along the lines of HE won't allow this miscarriage of justice (a tougher sentence.).

So I agree, i HOPE the Judge holds her ground and gives him the original recommended sentence,, and if she does, he will pardon him. (and fire her)
And i think even if he gets 6 months, he probably will pardon him anyway. (and fire her)

as to the end of Mussolini..   if we ever do come to that,.. there will be a LOT o blood spilled along the way, and not by outside forces trying to oust our dictator. But by us. On us.

~Bang

Can trump fire judges?  I hope so for the next Dem president but I thought federal judges were lifetime appointments. 

I agree that this judge will be tough. Stone had been tweeting images of her in crossfires so I dont think she is a fan of the idiot. 

12 minutes ago, The Gibber said:

Can trump fire judges?  I hope so for the next Dem president but I thought federal judges were lifetime appointments. 

I agree that this judge will be tough. Stone had been tweeting images of her in crossfires so I dont think she is a fan of the idiot. 

At this point, I think whether he can or not is a moot point. They will find a way, even if it is to flat out say that he can do it because he's President, and the mob will accept it and repeat it.

There is no bottom. The constitution may as well be a relic we look at and say "remember when " now.

I am wondering how long it is before we see some of these folks who have bucked the President start to "commit suicide"...  or just be killed by "thugs" who represent groups the president would like us to remove.

~Bang

This Roger Stone situation reads like something you’d expect to see from some wildly corrupt banana republic.  The president of the US just publicly called for the justice department to go easy on his friend... and they did.  Unbelievable.  This isn’t even standard anti Trump liberal griping.  This is stunning. 

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

This Roger Stone situation reads like something you’d expect to see from some wildly corrupt banana republic.  The president of the US just publicly called for the justice department to go easy on his friend... and they did.  Unbelievable.  This isn’t even standard anti Trump liberal griping.  This is stunning. 

Nah. You're just being paranoid.

Or so someone said to me earlier.

🤔

Archived