Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

57 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I still have a small hope they will at least vote for censure.  Acknowledge that Trump did something wrong. 

That **** ain't happening. Mitt Romney got blackballed because he voted to allow witnesses. Here are some comments on the subject from people who think they're conservatives.

Can @GOP pull funding from Mitten's and back a different candidate in Utah?  

awesome. He doesn’t care about the people of Utah. Just himself.

please get a recall started for the principled junior senator from Utah. We can’t wait until 2024. He wants to effect maximum damage to our President and our party.

We are working on a recall amendment that allows the recall of officials who GO OFF THE RAILS! Hopefully it will be used for the first time on @SenatorRomney

@SenatorRomney the GOP is done with you !

Can’t believe I voted for the man!

etc etc etc

Not that his head is on a pike or anything cause you know, that would spark major outrage in the GOP senators who were so apoplectic that Schiff would even suggest such silliness,

mitt_pike.jpg

Tbf, I think the so called moderate/reasonable GOP senators (many of them anyway) have abandoned the "there was no quid pro quo" and are now on "factual allegations in the impeachment are correct and constitute poor form by POTUS, but are not impeachable offenses".  Under that position, there's no longer a factual dispute and additional evidence is meaningless. 

They really are going to go with POTUS can withhold foreign aid for a quid pro quo.  I'm shocked, not shocked, I guess....

17 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

So assuming the Democrats manage to take the WH, can documents Trump is claiming executive priveledge on be released? Or would they not do that to protect their own executive priveledge?

They can be released if they are still there but I’m not sure that would matter 

I have to imagine the censure push will still fail.

After all, we know Trump gonna do it again.  Will they censure him again?  And again?

At what point does censuring not go far enough, and impeachment becomes the remedy for GOP Senators?  And if it never does, what kind of electoral cost will they pay?  The Trumpers will hate them because how dare they chastise their godking.  The left and a lot of the middle will hate them because they'll be admitting the President was doing wrong while doing nothing to stop it.

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

I have to imagine the censure push will still fail.

I dunno.  I could see lots of "well, yeah, we all know that he diverted government funds so that he could extort a foreign country into making an illegal contribution to his campaign, but I'm going to fove Not Guilty anyway" thinking that voting for censure will give them cover.  Something they can point at to show their strong disapproval.  

3 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Mitt Romney got blackballed because he voted to allow witnesses. Here are some comments on the subject from people who think they're conservatives.

please get a recall started for the principled junior senator from Utah. We can’t wait until 2024. He wants to effect maximum damage to our President and our party.

We are working on a recall amendment that allows the recall of officials who GO OFF THE RAILS! Hopefully it will be used for the first time on @SenatorRomney

My mother's family is from Utah, and this is very typical. Has been forever. Wallace Bennett was nearly voted out of office for voting for the 1963 Civil Rights Act and censuring McCarthy. 

And this was the first state to replace an incumbent with a tea partier.

22 minutes ago, Springfield said:

You think censure will get a 51

vote?

I think I might vote against it.  

And then go make a statement about "I admit that Donald Trump engaged in a months-long conspiracy to divert government funds for the purpose of extorting a foreign government into making an illegal contribution to his campaign.  And then spent months claiming complete immunity from all congressional oversight, to cover it up.  But I don't think that's a censurable offense."  

Archived