Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I question your reasoning behind this to be honest. But feel free to help me understand beyond the post quoted. Cause otherwise to me it just comes off as a stupid and useless opinion. Not that that has ever stopped anyone. 

in fairness to noinney, that's a common--and quite debatable--criticism of obama, not exclusive to conservatives, though mainly attached to them

and i'd debate it myself---i'm not very vulnerable to either under-or overestimating obama's presidency from a leadership perspective, or most any other perspective

but everyone needs to keep an eye to staying on topic here and that's not the topic

@Llevron you cant fix the rules by breaking the rules.

I'm aware of what Trump wants to do and starting to, we read the same threads.  But these are your quotes that im choosing to take a timeout on:

In regards to current rules: 

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

They already dont matter. They are effectively a democratic handicap. 

In regards to breaking the rules:

Consequences be damned at this point

I dont agree with you.  I can use memes, the constitution, hyperbole, or direct quotes from the impeachment trial, there are million ways for me to say this and why, but I dont agree with you. It's not worth it.

What is the most cowardly about the statements Rubio, Sasse, & Alexander are making TODAY, is that they held those thoughts in the entire time until it didn't really matter anymore.  In other words, they saw the same evidence and witness testimony that the rest of us did, and agreed that it clearly showed Trump was guilty.  Instead of commenting on it then, and maybe adding in, "but we will use the Senate trial to see if those actions rise to the level of impeachment" they instead chose to carry on the "Trump didn't do anything wrong" group think all the way until it was guaranteed that Trump would not be removed.

#America

5 minutes ago, Larry said:

Yeah.  Like, I remember, when he got "complete exoneration" despite being guilty of conspiring with Russian intelligence, he didn't go out and do the same thing again.  

Yeah, like remember how during the investigation he wasn't already asking China over nationally broadcast airwaves to conspire with him to manipulate the election.

16 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Didn’t a poster here go to Trump rally, just to see what happens. Don’t remember that poster say he pledged feality to Trump.

Yes, he didnt make them swear allegiance to them, he told them exactly what they wanted to hear until they were in such a frenzy that he started throwing out hypotheticals to see how theyd react to them.  

Also this disingenuous idea that hearing from Bolton, Mulvaney, McGahn etc etc wouldn't possibly bring new information to light.  

Today confirms what most people knew the entire time, the GOP knew Trump did this, but didn't care.  They never thought he was actually innocent, but they went along with it for the purpose of obedience to Trump and not shaking up the voting base.

Now it is the voters that still support Trump that are the ones basically being made to look like fools. 

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Now it is the voters that still support Trump that are the ones basically being made to look like fools. 

Many of these senators were part of the scheme.  Remember sondland "Everyone was in the loop".  Parnas recently said the same thing.

The voters are being stepped on and asking for more.  At some point it's their own fault.

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Today confirms what most people knew the entire time, the GOP knew Trump did this, but didn't care.  They never thought he was actually innocent, but they went along with it for the purpose of obedience to Trump and not shaking up the voting base.

They blocked Bolton et al from testifying because they knew the TV news clips would further drive home the point of how deeply corrupt Trump is and how he has abused power. Everything the GOP does is with the assumption that (a) their base is very stupid and gullible and (b) the general public isn't much better. The less information you gave to a generally poorly informed citizenry, the better it is for corrupt officials to do their thing.

This country is monumentally stupid if it ever elects a GOP President again this century. The two we've gotten so far have the distinction of leading us into the dumbest war in the history of the country and the other is a complete moron whose own stupidity is barely keeping our democracy intact despite his best efforts at destroying it.

Big win today for America if this finally gets shut down.

No hard information of wrong doing. A case lacking factual proof powered by media bias, feelings, and a hatred for trump.

Removing an elected president from office should require egregious unlawful activity. This case clearly does not as evidenced by 3 months of wasting everyone’s time. If you don’t like the results, move to change laws regarding presidential removal. That’s the way it works.

In the end Schiff, pelosi, and the general Democratic Party look like idiots.

best of luck with 2 old white guys in the 2020 election, the very thing you guys hate. If the economy keeps up, trump will be the first impeached president to win reelection. Thanks dems for ruining your chances.

Just now, sportjunkie07 said:

No hard information of wrong doing. A case lacking factual proof powered by media bias, feelings, and a hatred for trump.

Removing an elected president from office should require egregious unlawful activity. This case clearly does not as evidenced by 3 months of wasting everyone’s time. If you don’t like the results, move to change laws regarding presidential removal. That’s the way it works.

In the end Schiff, pelosi, and the general Democratic Party look like idiots.

best of luck with 2 old white guys in the 2020 election, the very thing you guys hate. If the economy keeps up, trump will be the first impeached president to win reelection. Thanks dems for ruining your chances.

You know who disagrees with you? Republican Senators.

At least six have come out and said that the Dems have proven their case and that Trump was engaged in trying to extort a foreign power in an effort to manipulate US elections. Above, another Republican, Murkowski just said that she's throwing in the towel because she knows there can be no fair Senate trial.

Those are the facts. There's a ton of hard information. Even with the White House blocking the release of any document and trying its damndest to prevent anyone from being allowed to speak. The case is clear if you listened and read, not to analysts, but the testimony itself.

It's apparent that outside of Trump himself admitting he did it (which he kind of did already) that nothing will meet the burden of proof for some people, and even if that did happen, I am sure his supporters would fall back on the usual, "He didn't really mean what he said"

1 hour ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Lev Parnas is a liar.

The whistleblower is a liar.

Ambassador Yovanovich is a liar.

Fiona Hill is a liar.

Ambassador Sondland is a liar.

Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman is a liar.

Pence aide Jennifer Williams is a liar.

Laura Cooper is a liar.

David Hale is a liar.

Fiona Hill is a liar.

Ambassador Taylor is a liar.

George Kent is a liar.

David Holmes is a liar.

John Kelly is a liar.

John Bolton is a liar.

or...

Trump did it and his ignorant followers and sycophants just don't care.

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

It's apparent that outside of Trump himself admitting he did it (which he kind of did already) that nothing will meet the burden of proof for some people, and even if that did happen, I am sure his supporters would fall back on the usual, "He didn't really mean what he said"

He was just joking.

The issue now is that after he does win re-election, and he will, you will start seeing a much faster removal of basic human rights.  This next election may be the last one we ever have...  

45 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Actually, that is surprising or maybe they waiting until after the election. Then , if Trump wins and Senate stays in GOP hands; they go full on packing the court. 

Well, the obvious consequence would be the next Dem President doing the same thing, and in a way that swings the now-very-conservative court back to the left.  The reason it's surprising that Trump hasn't done it is because he always does what is best for him in that moment and has no ability to understand the long-term consequence. 

Archived