Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

1 minute ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Tell me again why the House didn't subpoena all these assholes to come testify? I know they didn't think the courts would rule on it in time, but still....take away all efforts by the GOP to be able to say the House didn't do their job.

The House can still investigate though...but it may look petty at this point, even though it's necessary to get to the bottom of all this.

Just now, visionary said:

The House can still investigate though...but it may look petty at this point, even though it's necessary.

I'm thinking they are going to draw up another article of impeachment, at this point who cares if it looks petty. The Senate failed tremendously to do their jobs so the gloves have to come off. 

Just now, visionary said:

The House can still investigate though...but it may look petty at this point, even though it's necessary to get to the bottom of all this.

honestly, **** pettiness at this point. All of this information is important and it is owed to the American public. Democracy is holding on by a single thread at this point since apparently the POTUS is all-powerful

2 hours ago, spjunkies said:

The fact that witness testimony has to be voted on in an impeachment trial is ridiculous, each side should be automatically allowed 3 optional witnesses with a vote for more, if necessary. The fact that the system is structured this way is absolutely absurd. 

Constitution gives congress the authority to set their own rules. 

The rules they write may suck. But it's their call. 

2 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I'm thinking they are going to draw up another article of impeachment, at this point who cares if it looks petty. The Senate failed tremendously to do their jobs so the gloves have to come off. 

The House failed miserably with these stupid charges.

I'm sure they will draw up more charges,

12 minutes ago, Larry said:

Constitution gives congress the authority to set their own rules.

The constitution says a lot of things. Things that congress swore an oath to uphold.

3 minutes ago, twa said:

The House failed miserably with these stupid charges.

I'm sure they will draw up more charges,

Why do you gotta go and piss me off?

I'm still stuck on the House not forcing the Trump administration to produce witnesses and documents in court.  The Senate would have had to fight in court to see those witnesses too, I don't think that just because the Senate is republican controlled the White House would have suddenly become cooperative.  It was always going to require a fight.  The difference is the House could have fought and the Senate isn't even going to ask. 

This failed impeachment is going to become a central theme of Trump's reelection campaign.  Trump isn't going to come out of this humble or contrite.  He's not going to try to build a bridge.  He's going to announce that he's defeated yet another witch hunt and call democrats and the press every name in the book for daring to challenge him.  Trump is going to go on a victory tour the moment the GOP votes, inevitably, to end this thing. 

5 hours ago, Destino said:

I'm still stuck on the House not forcing the Trump administration to produce witnesses and documents in court.  The Senate would have had to fight in court to see those witnesses too, I don't think that just because the Senate is republican controlled the White House would have suddenly become cooperative.  It was always going to require a fight.  The difference is the House could have fought and the Senate isn't even going to ask. 

This failed impeachment is going to become a central theme of Trump's reelection campaign.  Trump isn't going to come out of this humble or contrite.  He's not going to try to build a bridge.  He's going to announce that he's defeated yet another witch hunt and call democrats and the press every name in the book for daring to challenge him.  Trump is going to go on a victory tour the moment the GOP votes, inevitably, to end this thing. 

I hear ya, but I don't know that I agree.

If we look at the case of Trump's taxes. Once again an unambiguous law said that the Justice Department "SHALL" turn them over when the House requests it. Well, Trump challenged that in court. It took six months (or longer) for the case to be heard. The courts came back and said, "The House is correct. Trump has to turn over his taxes." Trump then appealed. The appeals court also said, "Trump must turn over his taxes. The lower court got it right." Trump still refused to turn over his taxes. He is now appealing to the Supreme Court who won't even decide if they will judge on the matter until after the election.

Maybe the Dems should have gone to court even though the idea that a House Committee can't legally file subpoenas is absurd on its face. I mean it really is a stupid, groundless argument.Had they done so, we'd be no closer to clarity, and, if the Dems waited for a court decision, we'd be further away from it.

On the other hand, given the fact that a McConnell led Senate would never behave impartially maybe you're right. The rub is that so many Republican Senators declared, the Dems proved their case, Trump committed these high crimes and misdemeanors. **** the Constitution and our oaths. We're giving him a pass.

17 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

What happens if every Democratic senator refused to vote? We all know the fix is in so why vote on a incomplete trial?

the same thing that happens if they were outvoted.

they could of course refuse to attend the vote

Archived