Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

At this point I think the Dems know the rub, but their strategy is to force the GOP to behave this way as much as possible before they ultimately acquit Trump in order to have it all on display for the American people as it plays out in real time in hopes that it will sway some fence-riders but more importantly energize the people who sat out in 2016 because they didn't like Hillary, but also didn't view Trump as the horrible human being he showed everyone he is. 

Outside of the 25-30% hardcore Trumpers who's support will never waiver no matter what, there is little chance this entire process hasn't painted Trump in a bad light.  The GOP are showing in real time they have no interest in seeing available and relevant evidence in this trial.   Even for those that somehow think Trump is innocent, it can't be a good look to any logically thinking person that Trump & The GOP are coordinating together to prevent everything possible from being submitted for the record.

On an aside, It's kind of funny that Trump would attempt to block Bolton due to "national security interests" when Trump has already been caught on tape freely speaking about policy and national security issues with a Ukrainian gangster. 

The more I think about life after Trump, it is a situation where all the lap dogs who blindly supported Trump are going to have to be voted out too, otherwise they are basically being rewarded for their act(s) and the next "Trump" that comes along will likely be more savvy and smart about the way he goes about things, yet behind the scenes probably be even worse.

I think even a lot of Trump supporters deep down have reservations about the guy, but the truth is Trump could not be Trump without the shielding that the GOP has done. 

37 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Miss me with that Goldwater stuff but I'm not the intended audience. 

34 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

That ad was nuts. 

Mark Kelly should win. Veteran, Astronaut. ****, future President. 

She'll lose, but that knee-jerk utterance "Liberal Hack" will carry her to comfortable employment. She'll settle in nicely with a 60:00 slot at 1am on Fox News. Remember, it's all about that Base. Bout that Base. Bout that Base.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Wait, GOP jus admitted they dont have votes to block witnesses?  That's a helluva crack right there.

Don't believe that.  The death threats and release of dirt, will make sure they have the votes necessary for no witnesses.  Those wavering Senators will be feeling maximum threat now.

Just now, Rdskns2000 said:

Don't believe that.  The death threats and release of dirt, will make sure they have the votes necessary for no witnesses.  Those wavering Senators will be feeling maximum threat now.

They all received photos of pikes. 

Pike-Hotspots-in-Lower-48.jpg.ee796339c26d1591d8baacc935504551.jpg

Just now, Rdskns2000 said:

Stop it, we may be on the verge of authoritarianism, but this isnt Venezuela already.  What in the world makes you think a legit death threat wont get leaked and no ramifications for it?

Some of yall are sounding optimistic of your pessimism.

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Fake news.

11 sounds high, but what's obvious is the fear they will lose the Senate continuing to try Trump the way they are trying to do it.  The idea that going against Trump cost them the senate is getting overtake by possibly of losing the Senate continuing this route.  I've said before and I'll say it again, if Mitch he has a better chance to stay in power turning on Trump, he will for the good of the party. For Mitch, This isnt about protecting Trump, this is about protecting the GOP. Always has been.

Archived