Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

I think if the R's insist on trying to turn the impeachment trial into a circus (and then claim that the fact that it's a circus proves that there was no case)?  Then you make it about the fact that they're doing it.  

I think every Dem who's allowed to question Biden asks the same question:  

"Do you have any information which relates to Donald Trump's solicitation of an illegal campaign contribution from the government of the Ukraine, or his obstruction of justice into the subsequent investigation?"  

"No, sir.  I don't."  

"I yield the rest of my time."  

The Hunter Biden "controversy" begins & ends with him saying, "My last name probably helped me get the job"  That's it, that is the entire meat & potatoes to the Hunter Biden thing.  If Biden gets on the stand, he should come ready with that statement, and follow it up with asking how many Senators, House members, Judges, & Presidents have helped family members get jobs that they otherwise would not be the best candidate for.  Then he can ask if we should be investigating all of these people, including Trump. 

If it comes down to a "Bolton/Biden deal", I think Joe Biden should announce that he's told every member of his family to ignore any and all requests for testimony and/or documents until the Supreme Court tells him differently.  

Because it's not illegal to refuse to comply with subpoenas.  

it may be that the timing of when the letter was sent could ameliorate the appearance of "suppression" 

if the letter was sent at an earlier time, like when or soon after the manuscript was sent for clearing of classified material, it might have been part of negotiations on content....that's being generous in approach and maybe we'll know more soon...it matters little at this point in the big picture....the gop cesspool is the gop cesspool and the people who want to support it are telling non-cesspool aficionados exactly who they are

my 'wish' would be if trump loses and the dems (big stretch) even take the senate while holding the house, that moving forward the gop will eventually be regarded with even less respect than most people have for nambla (if it still exists)

i'd like to see the independents swell in rank and help elect a mix of the two parties emphasizing basic qualities like apparent honesty, work ethic,  education/experience, and general decency as much as political policies

1 hour ago, Larry said:

If it comes down to a "Bolton/Biden deal", I think Joe Biden should announce that he's told every member of his family to ignore any and all requests for testimony and/or documents until the Supreme Court tells him differently.  

Because it's not illegal to refuse to comply with subpoenas.  

I hope not, two wrongs dont make a right. If he gets subpoena by congress, he needs to go, otherwise it nullifies Trump ignoring them as well.

Just now, NoCalMike said:

Joe Biden knows many senators, congressman, judges personally.  If the GOP tries to come at him with the "so you got your son a job" attacks, Biden would have more than enough fuel to throw back at the fake outrage.

Which is why he should be nominated.

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Joe Biden knows many senators, congressman, judges personally.  If the GOP tries to come at him with the "so you got your son a job" attacks, Biden would have more than enough fuel to throw back at the fake outrage.

He also has the political savvy to answer questions while keeping the focus on Trump's conduct, which is what is actually on trial.  

Archived