Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

28 minutes ago, Larry said:

. . . and then every Senator can emerge from the back room and deliver their own spin on what it says, without the voters actually being able to either read it or hear directly from the author.  

It's a feature, not a bug.

It's sad how transparent Lindsay's strategy here is.

Get manuscript, but behind closed doors.  No way to confirm the exact language, Senators can spin it however it best fits their narrative.

Meanwhile, once they've viewed the manuscript, GOP can say "well we don't need Bolton anymore, his testimony is redundant to the book; no witnesses."

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So currently, the president’s defense is talking about something that has nothing to do with Ukraine.  Like, they’re going full on conspiracy theories at this point.

Republican live in a different world.

I just came here to ask what the heck is going on. I turned on the trial and he’s talking about Mueller. Wtf?

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I just came here to ask what the heck is going on. I turned on the trial and he’s talking about Mueller. Wtf?

I can tell you what he isn’t doing.  He’s not appealing to liberals and independents.  He’s speaking directly to his base to make sure nobody falls out of line.

^^^^

Dershowitz kept emphasizing JUSTICE Curtis too... not that the guy wasn't a Supreme Court justice, but he made it sound like Curtis was the residing Chief Justice for the impeachment of Johnson rather then Johnson's defense counsel.

(small observation)

I'd also like to say that Joni Ernst is rapidly climbing the ladder for "dumbest GOP Senator," which is a truly remarkable thing given her competition.

Like seriously, she gave away the GOP's game, and was proud to have said it.

You can tell she literally just thought of this for (what she thinks is, but not necessarily truly is) the first time and is super proud of it.

And there's Ted Cruz over there, who in the last frame of the video has a face that screams "you moron, that is literally the plan, but you're supposed to keep quiet about it, jfc."

image.png.878eca1533aff54acc50a23753390583.png

Archived