Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

7 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Pathetic.

Umm, Rick.....The Democrats didn't "come up with something" when it pertains to Bolton. He has nothing to do with the Democrats.  He is a hawkish neo-con who felt uncomfortable being told about law breaking going on by Trump.  

We all knew it was coming eventually.........and today Dershowitz finally introduced it to the world, the last step in the same game plan for everything else when it comes to Trump:

"Well, even if he did it........."

He did it.  They all know he did it.  They don't care. I keep seeing analysis on Dershowitz's defense of Trump, but everyone is framing their debate as if Alan Dershowitz is being sincere in his arguments.  He isn't.  He just concocted some nonsense because there is  zero legal basis for what he is saying, which is essentially, The President can abuse his power and authority because The President........happens to be Trump.

Guiliani in his interview said Bolton never told Rudy he had a problem with what was going on.  Excuse me, what obligation does Bolton have to tell Trump's goon that is in Ukraine on personal errand running?  Bolton sure as hell informed Barr and we know now that it went nowhere.  LOL at Guiliani thinking he is owed some kind of explanation.

If the GOP insists on Hunter Biden, the Dems should counter-offer and raise the stakes requesting Eric Trump, Ivanka, & Kushner.  If the GOP want to turn this into a huge distraction about children of elected officials getting hired for jobs they are unqualified for, this trial is going to be going on for years.

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

If the GOP insists on Hunter Biden, the Dems should counter-offer and raise the stakes requesting Eric Trump, Ivanka, & Kushner.  If the GOP want to turn this into a huge distraction about children of elected officials getting hired for jobs they are unqualified for, this trial is going to be going on for years.

Here's let's settle this now.

Joe Biden for the GOP and Donald Trump for the Dems.  They can wrestle after their testimony.

21 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Here's let's settle this now.

Joe Biden for the GOP and Donald Trump for the Dems.  They can wrestle after their testimony.

No, I dont want Trump to testify, I want Bolton.  Trump will make his tirade in the pentagon look like choir practice, Bolton will keep this a trial.  And Biden is useless, if GOP wants to get to bottom of what his son was after they need to call his son as a witness, stop playing games.

If GOP had balls to put him out for purgery, sure, but we all know they wont.  Why if he is going to get acquited, Dems need to land as much damage on him and the folks defending him as possible for ads leading to November. 

Kentucky already has a Democratic governor, Dems should unload the clip on McConnell.  In Maine it's already started with Collins. Someone just posted one for Arizona, too.

I mean, Bolton wants to blow up every enemy of the United States possible.  When someone like that would rather aim at Trump them help him do it... I would be perfectly fine if DNC tried to split the GOP, it's not even partisan, they gotta get Trump out of office and the GOP. Cant he run again if he loses?

4 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Guiliani in his interview said Bolton never told Rudy he had a problem with what was going on.  Excuse me, what obligation does Bolton have to tell Trump's goon that is in Ukraine on personal errand running?  Bolton sure as hell informed Barr and we know now that it went nowhere.  LOL at Guiliani thinking he is owed some kind of explanation.

I think leaving the meeting saying he won't be part of the drug deal is an indication that Bolton told someone he had a problem with what was going on.

7 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

At this point, I don't want the Dems to cave in to the GOP. **** it - the GOP can call Hunter & Joe anytime they want because they hold the majority 53-47. They want to call him - cast the votes to do it. This is going to end with White House Occupant not being guilty. Fine. Get the House to start investigations into his kids, starting with their security clearances. Make it all public hearings. Then move to investigate their business dealings. 

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

I think leaving the meeting saying he won't be part of the drug deal is an indication that Bolton told someone he had a problem with what was going on.

He’s the also the one who instructed Fiona Hill to go talk to the NSC lawyers about what’s going on. 

Everyone knew that government policy was being used as a tool to solicit foreign election help. Trump knows it too. Just mad that they were busted before the Biden

smear machine got started. 

Here's a couple:

SENATOR Schumer       QUESTION FOR: Counsel for the President

Where do you store your souls before you come into this chamber?

The cloakroom?

Chuck Schumer

SENATOR Collins        QUESTION FOR: Both

Anybody know a good spine doctor?

Susan Collins

14 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Right now my money has shifted to they are going to vote to remove, trump has turned completely toxic. 

I always thought it would take a hail mary to remove Trump.  Actually a hail mary, an onside kick recovery and a 2nd hail mary to do it.  Getting the votes to call legit witnesses is probably the first hail mary which looks like the LOS as gotten closer to the 50.  Then more Parnas tapes, scathing testimony or something else from out of no where for the onside kick recovery and then getting the votes for removal is the 2nd hail mary probably from our own goal line.  Still long odds.  

30 minutes ago, drowland said:

I always thought it would take a hail mary to remove Trump.  Actually a hail mary, an onside kick recovery and a 2nd hail mary to do it.  Getting the votes to call legit witnesses is probably the first hail mary which looks like the LOS as gotten closer to the 50.  Then more Parnas tapes, scathing testimony or something else from out of no where for the onside kick recovery and then getting the votes for removal is the 2nd hail mary probably from our own goal line.  Still long odds.  

Then the marching band needs to mistakenly come out onto the field and a trombonist accidentally trips Mitch McConnell. In protest Jay Sekulow throws a red challenge flag and the more stupid GOP senators think the red flag is some kind of secret commie signal so they change their minds. 

In other words, I don’t think those spineless ****s will ever vote to impeach. 

27 minutes ago, drowland said:

The only way he is removed is if its decided he is unelectable next election unless they can't run anyone that has a shot at winning. 

1) If he is 100% not going to be able to beat a D then he's out.

unless

2) If there isn't a viable alternative then they let him run, lose, then blame the loss on Trumpism and they "rebrand" the party.

2 minutes ago, daveakl said:

The only way he is removed is if its decided he is unelectable next election unless they can't run anyone that has a shot at winning. 

1) If he is 100% not going to be able to beat a D then he's out.

unless

2) If there isn't a viable alternative then they let him run, lose, then blame the loss on Trumpism and they "rebrand" the party.

I don't think they really care about Trump losing.  

For one thing, there's no way they could put somebody else up there who would do significantly better.  

And you've nailed it.  They've already got a plan in place for a Dem President.  They will suddenly discover this huge deficit which they demand somebody else must fix.  Without altering Trump's tax cuts, or their defense hikes.  Oh, and if the overdue recession hits?  Clearly Democrat's fault.  In fact, clearly caused by the Dems reducing the deficit.  

And the incredible level of corruption which every single person on Calitol Hill actively conspired in?  Clearly Trump.  We're feeling much better now.  

In short, exactly what they did after W.  (Remember him?  Remember back when he was the worst President since WW2?)

----------

Now, if they think acquitting Trump will cost them 10-15% of the House and Senate?  Maybe some State houses flip?  That would get their attention.  But I don't see that evidence.  

If I was Hunter Biden, I'd get ahead of this.  Fully review my work and finances, know everything in and out, then debate prep a ton.

I'd keep quiet for now, but be ready, the moment it becomes necessary, to come forward and publicly push back in a big way.  Start by saying he is not a relevant witness, and this is a political witchhunt against his father, but that he's willing to speak out and set the record straight.

Do this in a press conference where no GOP ask questions, so you can rack up the soundbites and talking points (same as how GOP does it).

Then if you have to testify, assuming he's debate prepped sufficiently, he can smack them around.

7 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

If I was Hunter Biden, I'd get ahead of this.  Fully review my work and finances, know everything in and out, then debate prep a ton.

Then if you have to testify, assuming he's debate prepped sufficiently, he can smack them around.

I would agree but...Hunter from what I've read is basically a useless addict who was always pulled back from the edge by his now late brother Beau. I'm not confident he could even remotely pull this off, though I don't think he crossed any lines (like say, working with agents of Al Quds to build a hotel in Azerbaijan).

Archived