Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

27 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So, I'm not a political guy at all. I have my opinions, but they're mine and I don't care to try to push my beliefs out into the world except for football... Just know I am extremely intelligent in all things and I am obviously correct in my personal leaning ( :ols: ).

I just popped in to comment on the names Krystal Ball and Van Drew that are apparently a part of this whole thing. Is Ivana Tinkle in the running for anything? Or Amanda Hugnkiss?

No, but Ben Dover seems like he's poised to take a pounding from Wiener.

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Pretty sure the 2028 GOP nominee is gonna be a guy named Mike Oxbig.

I don't get it. Explain like I'm 5. 🤭

6 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

No, but Ben Dover seems like he's poised to take a pounding from Wiener.

True story, I had a vice principal when I was in high school named Dr. Harry Weiner.

A year after our initial introduction our class of 320 people found out that apparently his name was Gary. We liked Gary less and continued with Harry.

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don't get it. Explain like I'm 5. 🤭

True story, I had a vice principal when I was in high school named Dr. Harry Weiner.

A year after our initial introduction our class of 320 people found out that apparently his name was Gary. We liked Gary less and continued with Harry.

Say it out loud.  Mike Oxbig.  My _____ big.

14 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

it's pretty fun to see jim jordan and putin using the same talking points/phrases---sometimes word for word--- for defending trump against impeachment

Reminds me of the clip of Louie Gohmert yesterday getting pissed and ranting and raving when Nadler said he was "spouting Russian propaganda on the House floor". If you don't like getting called on it then there's a simple fix: stop ****ing doing it. 

To avoid removal, Trump needs senators representing only 7 percent of the country to support him

If we assume a party-line vote (which is essentially what happened in the House), 53 percent of senators would oppose impeachment — but more than half the country would live in states whose senators favored impeachment. (For these calculations, we assigned half of the state’s population to each senator to account for states with split-party senators. Independents were presumed to support removal.)

That opposition to impeachment also means that a party-line Senate vote would even less accurately reflect public polling. The difference between our theoretical Senate vote margin and the Post poll is nine points; for the House it was a bit under five points.

Isn’t this just a way to say that “the Senate isn’t representative of the population?” Sure. But that manifests in interesting ways on this particular issue.

Consider, for example, that it requires 67 votes in the Senate to oust Trump from office. That means that 34 votes are needed to preserve his position. Even if he were deeply unpopular, if Trump maintained support from senators in 17 states, he could keep his job. Meaning, in the most extreme scenario, that he could be impeached but not removed from office if senators from the 17 least-populous states — representing about 7 percent of the population — decided to stand by him.

$

Click on the link for the full article

59 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

their site is apparently melting down but the headline an hour ago was: Trump Should Be Removed from Office | Christianity Today

this is a major magazine covering the interests of mainstream evangelicals ...there is of course some diversity within the demographic (oops, vis posted a tweet on it already)

It's good that they did this, but let's be honest...this should have been done 3 1/2 years ago. Trump's "character" was completely evident by then already, especially after the Access Hollywood tape emerged and all of the women came forward about sexual assaults. 

Better late than never, but still really late. 

i keep thinking a natgeo special with don jr being dumped in a borneo jungle and then hunted by wild boars would be killer

at the end i see the boars posed around don's carcass, wearing cabela hats and holding cans of hamms beer while their photo is taken

but i digress

Archived