Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Jesus...I didn't even notice that...

:ols:

Are they just trolling us at this point? Like, "Watch, we can literally make up names and call one of our talking heads 'Krystal Ball' and our goober followers will still swallow it up". 

Well, they really don't have minds of their own at this point. More like the zombies from Walking Dead.

10 minutes ago, clietas said:

Krystal Ball ran for a congressional seat in Va a decade back. Crazy Christmas party photos sank her campaign. She got a MSNBC show outta of it I think 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/krystal-balls-image-problem-racy-photos-virginia-congressional/story?id=11835899

How could one not vote for a hot chick grabbing the red dildo nose of her husbands reindeer costume?  :shrug:

11 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Remember the good old days when a somewhat racy photo from a Christmas campaign could sink a campaign? Now a “Republican can insult John McCain for being a POW and his poll numbers go up.

Different standards for men and women. Even bigger differences for white men and pretty much everyone else. 

Flip Trump's actions with either a minority man or a female of any color, none of them would survive the public shaming. Trump is the grossest example of the worst type of person in America and the entire apparatus that upholds him is far closer to him intellectually and morally than they would like to admit. 

re: Pelosi's comments about the founders and a rogue president and senate leader

i was actually having that thought last night, except it's not just a rogue senate leader. At this point, for the most part, its a rogue political party, which is one of the only two main parties

at which point, you realize we've reached a situation where our entire system of democracy/republic sort of unravels. if roughly 50% of the people in charge have decided that the constitution, laws, and what makes our democracy work don't matter and don't apply... 

what's supposed tos ave this at this point?

That the military won't be cooped into supporting a dictatorship? Given the number of things that have happened in our political climate is anyone willing to bet the military is immune? I used to be, but now I don't know.

The courts? We all know what happened with blocking obama appointees and the general tactics of the republicans when it comes to judgeship's (SCOTUS and federal). They haven't been tested. Is there faith here? I used to have that faith, but now I don't know.

The voters and the 2020 election? 😂 The voters are how we got in this mess. 😂

Considering Tulsi straight up said she thought Trump is guilty of what he is being accused of, must mean she is subscribing to the theory that it should be left up to the voters as to whether law-breaking is okay or not and that elected officials who are tasked with oversight on the law breaking should throw aside their oversight.

If Tulsi doesn't believe there is enough there to justify impeaching Trump, then fine, just say so and move on, but she seems to be wanting to have it both ways as try and not alienate folks who aren't going to be voting for her, that she thinks will vote for her.

31 minutes ago, tshile said:

what's supposed tos ave this at this point?

That the military won't be cooped into supporting a dictatorship? Given the number of things that have happened in our political climate is anyone willing to bet the military is immune? I used to be, but now I don't know.

The courts? We all know what happened with blocking obama appointees and the general tactics of the republicans when it comes to judgeship's (SCOTUS and federal). They haven't been tested. Is there faith here? I used to have that faith, but now I don't know.

The voters and the 2020 election? 😂 The voters are how we got in this mess. 😂

i'm sure the tailgate regs can handle it

487.jpg

26 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Considering Tulsi straight up said she thought Trump is guilty of what he is being accused of, must mean she is subscribing to the theory that it should be left up to the voters as to whether law-breaking is okay or not and that elected officials who are tasked with oversight on the law breaking should throw aside their oversight.

If Tulsi doesn't believe there is enough there to justify impeaching Trump, then fine, just say so and move on, but she seems to be wanting to have it both ways as try and not alienate folks who aren't going to be voting for her, that she thinks will vote for her.

The dumb thing about Tulsi et al argument is that Trump's abuse of power is directly linked to his on going assault on our democratic process. Dude has been laundering nonsense conspiracies back to Obama's presidency in order to undermine our elections. 

Birtherism was an insidious conspiracy alleging that the elections were deceitful. His invitation/acceptance of Russian interference, while publicly denying that Russia did anything was impeachable itself. His bull**** claim that 3M+ illegals voted for Democrats, which just happens to be the margin by which he lost the popular vote, was declaring that our elections are compromised. Extorting the Ukranians to announce bogus investigations was a pathetic attempt at election interference.

Everything about this ass clown of a President is about his desire to undermine faith in the electoral process, while using every dirty trick in the book to gain power for himself and the party apparatus supporting him.

There are so many things that are awful about the GOP, but their turn into the InfoWars party, while knowing better is just blood-boiling and enraging. They know their own base voters are dumber than a bag of rocks but they are also exploiting the fact that many non-partisan voters tend to be low-information as well. In any decent Republic, parties share a responsibility to function by agreeing to a basic set of truths. But here President Dotard can just develop any stupid conspiracy, benign or dangerous, and an entire army of bootlickers will come to its defense. 

Right and what is happening is that the "normal GOP" the ones with just the run of the mill bad GOP policy are being forced to playcate the Matt Gaetz & Gym Jordan Trump True believers because as soon as the establishment GOP threw in with Trump they basically made it a situation where they now need to continually go for the lowest common denominator in order to keep that block of the voting base on their side.  Things they would normally speak out against, can't anymore or they will be deemed a "RINO" or Never Trumper or whatever. 

So, I'm not a political guy at all. I have my opinions, but they're mine and I don't care to try to push my beliefs out into the world except for football... Just know I am extremely intelligent in all things and I am obviously correct in my personal leaning ( :ols: ).

I just popped in to comment on the names Krystal Ball and Van Drew that are apparently a part of this whole thing. Is Ivana Tinkle in the running for anything? Or Amanda Hugnkiss?

27 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So, I'm not a political guy at all. I have my opinions, but they're mine and I don't care to try to push my beliefs out into the world except for football... Just know I am extremely intelligent in all things and I am obviously correct in my personal leaning ( :ols: ).

I just popped in to comment on the names Krystal Ball and Van Drew that are apparently a part of this whole thing. Is Ivana Tinkle in the running for anything? Or Amanda Hugnkiss?

Pretty sure the 2028 GOP nominee is gonna be a guy named Mike Oxbig.

Archived