Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

This is going to be a deplorables moment.  Just watch.  All the half wit, nimrods who support Trump are gonna be out there tomorrow, acting like being impeached is a good thing.

Trump is such a badass he got the nerdy, jealous Democrats to impeach him over NOTHING.

I can see this coming a mile away.  Trump is going to even make a mockery of impeachment.

If I had to name Trump's main superpower (other than losing Twitter battles with teenagers) it would be the ability to immediately lower the level of a debate or a conversation by simply being there. He has some supernatural ability to drag ANYONE down into the mud with him and make a mockery of everything he touches. It's kind of amazing. 

41 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

just as an aside, i wasn't disagreeing with your overall point.

Yeah, sorry about that. I felt like the idea was getting a lot of pushback

but yeah that’s the crappy part. The gop can lie and get away with it. But any misstep by the dems causes people to not trust them. 

long term we need to fix that

short term we need to recognize the rules of the game at this time, and figure out how to win. It doesn’t matter if the rules aren’t fair. We can’t fix that right now anyways. 

So Tulsi was outed as a Russian asset, and in her defense of that accusation she sided with Fox for months, appears routinely on Tucker Carlson, and votes “present” in the biggest moment of her career, while continuing to deny those outrageous allegations. 

My father once told me when I was a child, “ if it looks like ****, and smells like ****, it doesn’t mean you have to taste it.” She’s clearly bought and paid for. 

21 minutes ago, mistertim said:

The vote results tell a different story. He's lost a lot of female supporters since he was elected. I wonder if, once he's acquitted by the Senate, he'll just go into full "I can do whatever I want" mode and once he sees the polls continuing to be bad for him later in the election he'll openly and brazenly start asking other countries to help him win. Because what's going to happen to him? Nothing. He could be impeached again but the Senate has already basically said that he can do anything and they won't remove him. I wonder if he'd go so far as to claim some sort of terrorist plots and try to declare martial law.

I do think he will try to go a dangerous route. It's one of the reasons to me that he has openly been courting those in the military to break laws. He will end up wanting an open rebellion if anyone tries to remove him from power.

27 minutes ago, Skintime said:

He won't be, don't forget what happened in 2018. Women are going to come out in force against him. More will vote against him now that they know how horrible he is. 

It's a given people are going to come out force against him but it depends where.  If it's all in mostly blue areas, it won't help.  It must be in the swing states.

Trump is actually going to have some voters vote for him, who didn't in 2016. They either didn't vote or voted for someone else.  Trump is going to lose some voters that did vote for him in 2016 but how many.   I am very leery of depending on that.  After the Truimp/GOP attack machine has their say, I think most of those women who voted for him in 2016 will do it again.

To beat Trump, you need to get the voters that voted for Hillary in 2016, plus Obama voters who voted in 2012/2008 and stayed home, plus people who just don't vote or haven't voted in years. 

Also, the right candidate is essential.  The wrong nominee and the Dems won't win. 

3 minutes ago, Skintime said:

I do think he will try to go a dangerous route. It's one of the reasons to me that he has openly been courting those in the military to break laws. He will end up wanting an open rebellion if anyone tries to remove him from power.

I legitimately believe someone will attempt something crazy big if/when he leaves office. I hope to God nothing bad happens but there are just a lot of angry incels out there.

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Also, the right candidate is essential.  The wrong nominee and the Dems won't win. 

^^THIS x100

If Biden is the nom? Forget it. Trump wins and it might be by a landslide. Biden generates NO juice. Even me being a pretty big liberal would find it hard to vote for Biden(I still would, but begrudgingly).

Personally I think Sanders is the best candidate but he comes across as super extreme to so many(even though he's got well thought out ideas and at least has a PLAN on how to get things done).

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I legitimately believe someone will attempt something crazy big if/when he leaves office. I hope to God nothing bad happens but there are just a lot of angry incels out there.

He is not going to leave. He wants a 3rd term. Huckleberry is already campaigning for a 3rd term. The 2nd civil war is coming and it will really come down to how many idiots does trump have willing to come out of their trailers for him, cause the billionaires will not do it.

5 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

It's a given people are going to come out force against him but it depends where.  If it's all in mostly blue areas, it won't help.  It must be in the swing states.

Trump is actually going to have some voters vote for him, who didn't in 2016. They either didn't vote or voted for someone else.  Trump is going to lose some voters that did vote for him in 2016 but how many.   I am very leery of depending on that.  After the Truimp/GOP attack machine has their say, I think most of those women who voted for him in 2016 will do it again.

To beat Trump, you need to get the voters that voted for Hillary in 2016, plus Obama voters who voted in 2012/2008 and stayed home, plus people who just don't vote or haven't voted in years. 

The right candidate will be trump. He has motivated people to come out to vote against him. Go back and look at the result from 18 and you will see what I'm talking about, especially the sheer numbers of women that came out to vote only because of him and he wasn't even running. Look at all the close special elections in the areas that he took easily. He is loosing almost everything he puts his name on. He is hated across this country like no president ever in my life and I'm near 60 and have paid close attention to politics (Unfortunately) my entire life. There is a limited supply of GOP, much more progressive that does not vote. I am worried about a very progressive candidate, but trump is his own worst enemy. This does not take into account how much Barr and trump along with the GOP bring in Russia help. 

4 minutes ago, Skintime said:

He is not going to leave. He wants a 3rd term. Huckleberry is already campaigning for a 3rd term. The 2nd civil war is coming and it will really come down to how many idiots does trump have willing to come out of their trailers for him, cause the billionaires will not do it.

I think in that case the billionaires would finance his opposition. It's completely against their financial interests to have violent instability in this country. His rich donors have put up with him so far because he's basically handed them a **** ton of money and nothing too crazy has happened yet that would put that same money in jeopardy. Once he crosses that line they'll begin to finance the opposition because even a more liberal POTUS who may put some regulations back in place but has stability is better than total chaos and the entire economy collapsing. Hell, even putting tariffs on stuff brought them out of the woodwork against him. Imagine if he loses in 2020 and begins stoking violence and chaos in his wake before he leaves office or if he simply refuses to leave office and his cult becomes violent in supporting him. Can you imagine militia members surrounding the White House and not allowing anyone in?

The billionaires would NOT be down with that sort of ****. It would strictly be him and his cave dwelling followers (and probably Jim Jordan).

Archived