Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

50 minutes ago, mistertim said:

........... did a Republican Congressman just compare Trump to Jesus?

Stupid is as...well you know the rest.

6 hours ago, twa said:

on a lighter note....

Do you ever have anything of substance?

I'm sorry that was unfair. You are a trump supporter. You can't have anything of substance because he has no substance( Other than whatever is holding his hair together).

"No other president in US history has ever been impeached 10 months before an election." said one R Congressman. 

So apparently that's a standard now? If Obama had pushed a foreign power to investigate Mitt Romney in the summer of 2011 and it was discovered the Dems could have said "No impeachment 10 months before an election" and the Republicans would have gone "damn! thwarted again!" and shook their fists at the sky?

Good god they're really pulling out all the stops on ludicrous arguments here. 

1 minute ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Why does it seem the transcript placement in double top secret storage to try and cover up his bull**** has fallen off the radar? that's pretty damning evidence of intent to obstruct

I think it's probably the same reason that so much of Trump's corruption and general awfulness fell off the radar over time: because he does that **** so often that it's just a deluge of horribleness and almost impossible to keep up with. Here, even without testimony from Mulvaney, Giuliani, Perry, etc and with literally zero cooperation on documents requested and later subpoenaed from the WH, there's still so much evidence and so much wrongdoing that it's hard to keep track of it all and form it into a simple argument. 

That being said, I don't think the Dems have done an especially good job of staying on point on certain topics (though IMO Schiff was much better than Nadler). I think they should have driven home things like you mentioned over and over again. Why is he acting like the world's most guilty person if everything was perfect? Why is he blocking all testimony and the release of any documents if everything was perfect? Why was the conversation moved to a code name server if it was perfect? If I try to rob someone but run away before he can give me his wallet, did I do nothing wrong? 

24 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think it's probably the same reason that so much of Trump's corruption and general awfulness fell off the radar over time: because he does that **** so often that it's just a deluge of horribleness and almost impossible to keep up with.

When he does so many awful things every day, nothing can break through.  It is the "Mr. Burns is indestructible" theory.

40 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Why does it seem the transcript placement in double top secret storage to try and cover up his bull**** has fallen off the radar? that's pretty damning evidence of intent to obstruct

I don’t understand why Dems don’t pound this point every day. 

It seems like the Republicans are sticking to saying "He committed no crimes", "He's a duly elected POTUS and you're trying to overturn a vote", and "the facts say he did nothing wrong" (without actually saying which nonexistent facts they're talking about). 

Add: oh, and "Zalinzki said he wasn't pressured" is another one they're hanging their hats on. 

"Hey that hostage with a gun to his head was just asked if his captor was a nice guy and he said 'ABSOLUTELY!'...I guess we can all just go home now"

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

It seems like the Republicans are sticking to saying "He committed no crimes", "He's a duly elected POTUS and you're trying to overturn a vote", and "the facts say he did nothing wrong" (without actually saying which nonexistent facts they're talking about). 

Add: oh, and "Zalinzki said he wasn't pressured" is another one they're hanging their hats on. 

"Hey that hostage with a gun to his head was just asked if his captor was a nice guy and he said 'ABSOLUTELY!'...I guess we can all just go home now"

Yes.  The things Fox News is telling their constituents.  

"House will take up the measure on whether this is a red ball."   *places red ball on the table*

Democrats: "That is a red ball"

Republicans: "That is a purple seahorse"

Democrats: "Wait, what? Look at it...it's a red ball"

Republicans: "Why are you trying to disenfranchise purple seahorses?"

Democrats: "That doesn't even make any sense"

Republicans: "Also, you put that red ball on the table in the wrong way; the process is irrevocably flawed"

Democrats: "Wait, you just admitted it was a red ball"

Republicans: "No we didn't"

Democrats: "No, seriously, you just said that"

Republicans: "No. WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO OVERTURN THE PURPLE SEAHORSES? WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO? WHY ARE YOU SO MEAN?"

Just now, PCS said:

I'm pretty sure Collins doesn't even know what he's talking about. 

Exactly. It's their entire strategy: talk in circles without making any discernible point, muddy the waters, throw **** at the wall, feed their base. And then accuse the other side of what you're doing. Rinse. Repeat. 

Archived