Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

Just now, tshile said:

You’re going to bat for a person that went on stage and called the FBI, as an institution, scum

play with words all you want. But that’s who you are. 

Some of them behaved like scum....according to the IG and the FISA court isn't happy with them.

I'm not going to bat for Trump by pointing out he is better than Hillary from a conservative perspective.

Damn Dems can't even impeach him well. 😛

10 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

How do we block/ignore people again? 

i think 'banned to the stadium' is what you're really looking for and tk has seats available---he's even pushing them on me

winners get that wonderful opportunity to focus on reacquainting themselves with their beloved washington redskins

you know the redskins, of course, you post on them in the stadium---the reason we all joined, the reason we're all here

:evil:

6 minutes ago, twa said:

Well in my defense I've been called a Liberal.

Nah, you’re just a twa.

One fascinating thing about all of this… If you ever wondered which of your friends were Nazis, now you know. Not literal Nazis of course. But, if you think about it I would imagine that a very small percentage of actual Nazis were walking around talking about incinerating Jews before Hitler took power. Most Nazis were just... Germans. They were the Germans that were easily manipulated and were so caught up in their own ignorance and arrogance that their loyalty was unwavering despite The obviousness of how wrong they were and how evil the side they chose was. “Still better than Hindenburg.” they’d say.

If this was Trump's second term I am willing to bet the Republicans would try and compromise and say they'd censure Trump in exchange for not having him removed, however being that Trump is running in 2020, the Republicans likely feel that any acknowledgement that what he did might be the slight bit wrong, or shady, or improper could hurt his chances in the election so they all have to just put on this steel curtain defense and refuse to even act objectively about it.

I can’t shake the feeling that not fighting the White House in court to provide witnesses and evidence is going to prove to be a big mistake.  I know they wanted to get this done, this year, but I just don’t think republicans are going to provide a real hearing on this in the senate.  This needed to be done at this stage and it didn’t happen. 

14 minutes ago, Destino said:

I can’t shake the feeling that not fighting the White House in court to provide witnesses and evidence is going to prove to be a big mistake.  I know they wanted to get this done, this year, but I just don’t think republicans are going to provide a real hearing on this in the senate.  This needed to be done at this stage and it didn’t happen. 

agreed. That’s the one “what if” i think the history books will shine negatively on the dems.  

there is still a chance they will squat on the articles and investigate more, but it feels like a longshot at this point. 

2 hours ago, Destino said:

I have the same feeling, but one of the major problems is that the courts don't seem inclined to move as quickly as the country needs them to move. I think history will look back at these four years and find investigative fault with the Dems and Mueller for not going far enough. Of course that pales in comparison to what history will do to the traitors in the GOP like Moscow Mitch. 

4 hours ago, Destino said:

Because the Dems are *******. 

While I disagree with her on many things; the Dems need the AOCs to take over.

Have to admit I feel pretty "meh" about the impeachment knowing that the GOP leadership in the Senate has sworn to be unfair. I do think it's an interesting choice of words. It's kind of like they are admitting if they were fair they'd have to vote for removal.

Archived