Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Nah. Most of them don't care. They'll acquit Trump and blame the process.

Sure they still may, but you know they'd rather not have to put their John Han**** on anything to do with it.  When Lindsay dares the Ds to do anything it's something he doesn't want to have to do.  He's that kid who dares you to ride your bike through the crotchety old man's yard and then boks at you and then when you do it he makes an excuse not to.    

2 hours ago, tshile said:

I don't think holding it in the house is going to go over well for the dems with that group of people who isn't sold either way. I don't know what the right description for them is.

You either pay attention to the general public and how they react to things or you don't. I don't think this will go over well. It would be better if it does go over well, like you guys seem to think it will. Maybe we'll see who's right.

I don't know how any of you can pay attention to anything over the last 10 years and how we got here and think that this plan is going to play out that way, but oh well. Good luck.

we should probably define how much time we are talking about. I think a month is no problem. Then it depends on what happens in the courts with regard to subpoenas. 

At this point the press (meaning actual reputable sources) should just flat out ignore anything Guiliani says.  We all know Fox and Breitbart and all the usual right-wing noise machines will roll out the red carpet for whatever nonsense Rudy found out in Ukraine, but if the rest of the media falls for the "well, we have to cover it because it is being talked about" trap then we are doomed. 

Also, I am not sure why the Dems have not tried more to make the case that if Trump was truly concerned about corruption, specifically the Hunter Biden stuff, then why did he not just go through the proper channels for the investigation?  I would say something like, "As a member of the house that wants corruption rooted out, if the President thinks there is legitimate corruption involving Burisma and/or Hunter Biden, then fine, go to your intelligence agencies and get a proper investigation started"   The problem is Trump didn't do that, he created a back channel line of communication and characters to go around the actual people who are in charge of these kinds of things.  He obviously did not want many people knowing about this and anyone not willing to go along with it was pushed out of the way.   

After that, you reiterate that the entire point is that Trump never actually wanted a legitimate investigation because had there been one it likely results in nothing other than a nepotism-like hire, which if you are going to say that rises to the level of corruption that is worth holding military aid up over, then I want to see a list of every current member of congress, senator, white house administration official, judge, supreme court judge that has any family and/or friends with "cushy gov't jobs" on random boards that they are unqualified to be doing. 

Dumb idea:  (I get a lot of them.)  

Hold off on sending things to the Senate, until after the primaries close.  (Nobody else can get in).  

Maybe some R senators who don't get primaried might discover some ethics.  

(Like I said.  Dumb idea.)  

35 minutes ago, tshile said:

Sure I got no issue with a month. 
I was thinking longer term. Like we’re still talking about this in may. 

I can't see how it goes that long. Unless, as @Larry said, we are talking new crimes. Which is certainly possible. 

8 minutes ago, Larry said:

Why in the world would the House want to avoid a trial?  

I guess the thinking is if Trump is acquitted in a trial it allows him to scream "exonerated" and continue on with the same behavior.  Where as getting impeachment on the books and getting the Senate to agree to censure his behavior would protect the 2020 election and wouldn't allow him or Senate RS to say he did nothing wrong.   

Archived