Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

44 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Have a super hard time believing anyone who still supports dude has an open mind.

The mental gymnastics a person has to perform to land at that position is maddening. If the raping, racism, corruption, and overall blinding idiocy is not enough, what the **** else is left?

Those people are lying to themselves. They cant admit that they like him because he gives them cover to be a similar piece of ****

on a lighter note....

If Alcee Hastings doesn't take the opportunity today at this Rules Committee hearings to say, "As someone who has been impeached and removed from office, let me say: it takes one to know one, and he is one," then he hasn't done his job.

— Mike Sacks (@MikeSacksEsq) December 17, 2019

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

0 chance he gets impeached. The GOP won't allow it. Our only hope is to vote him out next November.

I'm hoping the stain of impeachment (removal or not) causes the Orange Dolt Cola to reach new levels of insanity that even his own family will find horrifying. You know, Howard Hughes level stuff...

Warhead, I think it highly likely he is impeached this week if not today.

I think it is far less likely he is removed. 

The two are not results of the same process.  Impeachment happens in Congress and is expected today.  That would then turn the matter over to the Senate for a trial where Republicans have already promised not to remove him from office.  

31 minutes ago, clietas said:

Dem still have the votes to impeach him. Or have I missed something ?

people are using impeachment to mean actual impeachment in the house, or impeachment in the house and removal in the senate, interchangeably. 

Makes for confusing conversation at times. 

36 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I'm hoping the stain of impeachment (removal or not) causes the Orange Dolt Cola to reach new levels of insanity that even his own family will find horrifying. You know, Howard Hughes level stuff...

Already there, have you read the letter?

54 minutes ago, gbear said:

Warhead, I think it highly likely he is impeached this week if not today.

I think it is far less likely he is removed. 

The two are not results of the same process.  Impeachment happens in Congress and is expected today.  That would then turn the matter over to the Senate for a trial where Republicans have already promised not to remove him from office.  

Sorry I meant to say 0 chance he's removed from office.

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

That’s Debbie Lesko. She sucks.

This isn't directed at just Republicans...but I seem to remember the president, while trying to restrict immigration, saying he only wanted countries sending us their best and brightest.  Something like that.  I wish some voting districts would do us the same favor in regards to who represents them.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

0 chance he gets impeached. The GOP won't allow it. Our only hope is to vote him out next November.

He gets impeached, 90%. He gets convicted, 0%.

Since the Senate isn't going to do anything; why even go thru the sharade. Once the House impeaches Trump tonight; the can hold the vote tomorrow. The GOP will vote to acquitt Trump and look like fools to hopefully a majority of the country. Showing even more how the GOP are puppets to their master, Trump and his cult.

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I wish someone for the Dems would just turn to the GOP and repeatedly refer to them as snowflakes. 

That's where Democrats are weakest really. They can't think too well on their feet and can't speak in terms that Americans can say "that's a good point".  House Democrats are by far the worst speakers when it comes to making their case. I know they're supposed to be somber and everything but they really need people who can speak with brutal honesty about what Trump has done and what Republicans are doing hurt feelings be damned. Too many times Democrats take the high road and try to remain dignified and they just sound vanilla and ineffective. They don't have to call the Republicans snowflakes but it kills me that no one has the guts to call Trump and Republicans out for their whining and ask where's Pompeo, where's Bolton, where's Mulvaney? Why are these cowards hiding? They should be beating that drum over and over.

Tom Cole saying that all this "on an event that did not happen." The amount of outright lies/gas lighting are staggering. **** these GOP members. Dems need to get in their face far more than they are doing. Call them liars. Call them traitors. 

Archived