Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

35 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

How that passes as anything even on the same continent as a "direct explanation" is beyond me. 

30 minutes ago, visionary said:

Jesus Christ, Mitt is such a goddamn coward. "I need to find out with the big boys think before I can speak for myself."

3 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

**** Lindsay.  His opponent is closing in on him for his reelection next year; maybe he gets upset and loses. I know, slim since it's South Carolina but you never know.

I wouldn't give up hope, Dems have a better chance in a state wide election than you think.

It’s so depressing to see Lindsey now and think back to when I first took notice of him, when he was arguing against the Bush administration and fighting for humane treatment of Iraqi war prisoners on the Senate floor.  I still remember him saying that Saddam himself ought not be mistreated.  It seemed like such a strikingly principled stance to take that it always stuck with me.  He seems so different now, from that Lindsey or even the joking jovial guy who hung out with reporters and goofed around with them during the 2016 elections.

And here he is acting like Trump’s toady as much as possible for a couple of years now, lashing out at his master’s enemies and lying his ass off at every opportunity.

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I wouldn't give up hope, Dems have a better chance in a state wide election than you think.

Agreed, Don will go to SC to campaign for/with him unlike some of the other Senators fighting for their political lives.

Graham obviously has been compromised. Over his long career he probably did something shady with campaign financing or directing funds to an ally. It's not the gay stuff. Nobody cares. He's probably reminded on whatever Don has on him every time they golf. 

I like how even a partisan hack like Laura Ingraham looks completely skeptical of Rudy's nonsense, but because it is Fox, she goes ahead and lets him spew the garbage anyway.

If Yovanovitch was so corrupt why is Rudy, Trump's personal attorney needed to get to the bottom of it? Does half the country just not stop to think about how silly this entire idea is?

Haha yeah, totally not our job to call witnesses, who have credible 1st hand account information, that would help clear things up.  A trial is totally not the place or time for that kind of thing.  WHAT!?!

Calling witnesses is definitely what I would call "desperate?"  

LOL. 

Yeah that is basically what the Democrats should keep hammering on:

You said you wanted witnesses with 1st hand knowledge.  

Here are the witnesses that can provide it, so go ahead and subpoena them, get them in here to testify.  

Oh.....not in the plans?  Mmmmkay.

1 hour ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Like calling witnesses 😂

Schumer opposed calling witnesses back in the day, fun to watch sides flip .

I would propose waiting till Scotus rules and let the House call them if allowed, doing otherwise is simply ignoring procedure.

38 minutes ago, twa said:

Schumer opposed calling witnesses back in the day, fun to watch sides flip

Legitimate question because I don't know much about the Clinton impeachment.

Did clinton block all the material witnesses from testifying during the house impeachment process?

6 hours ago, visionary said:

It’s so depressing to see Lindsey now and think back to when I first took notice of him, when he was arguing against the Bush administration and fighting for humane treatment of Iraqi war prisoners on the Senate floor.  I still remember him saying that Saddam himself ought not be mistreated.  It seemed like such a strikingly principled stance to take that it always stuck with me.  He seems so different now, from that Lindsey or even the joking jovial guy who hung out with reporters and goofed around with them during the 2016 elections.

And here he is acting like Trump’s toady as much as possible for a couple of years now, lashing out at his master’s enemies and lying his ass off at every opportunity.

I still stand by my (uneducated) assertion that Trump and his buddy at the National Enquirer found some serious dirt on Ol' Flipsy Graham. He's compromised. Remember- Trump doesn't hate "fake news" at all. He made his way into politics on it's back. Every time he screams "Fake news" at CNN et al, he's using the tried-and-true method of projection. It's been his most powerful weapon and his biggest security blanket over the eyes of his base.

Archived