Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reuben Foster carted off on 2nd snap of OTA's

purbeast

7 hours ago, KingGibbs said:

I've said it many times before, but is there any doubt left that Snyder is the Anti-Christ?

But here’s the deal... the devil, the bad guy, the nemesis, the antagonist... in every story those characters at some point are dominant or powerful or fear inducing. Maybe the good guy wins in the end, but for awhile there the anti-Christ looks like he might rule the world. Imagine if Darth Vader was just a stumbling, bumbling, babbling fool from the start of the movie... would have made the accomplishment of taking him down much less impressive and dramatic for Luke and crew. 

So if Snyder the bad guy, the evil emperor, the menacing ruler, there should be something to show for it. 

But thats the thing. He’s not evil. He’s not the bad guy. He’s not the anti-Christ. He’s just a socially awkward guy with poor people and leadership skills that doesn’t quite understand how to inspire those around him. The biggest misconception about Snyder is that he wants the glory or the spotlight. I don’t think that’s true at all. He’s a borderline recluse. I think he really wants the team to win and just desperately wants to be invited to the party when they do. He wants to be in the champagne bath. He just doesn’t know how to make it happen. The anti-Christ is much more slick and dangerous. 

21 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I like Ragland and he'd feel at home with the rest of the Bama boys. 

If we traded Norman to KC we would dump that salary but would they be willing to take it on?

The Chiefs would then have our two best CB's ☹️

You could say that....or, you could say that they're taking on an underachiever who we overpaid and who underperformed. I'd trade Josh if there are any takers before the window of his trade value, if there is any, closes. Take our chances with Dunbar, Moreau and the others.....

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

You could say that....or, you could say that they're taking on an underachiever who we overpaid and who underperformed. I'd trade Josh if there are any takers before the window of his trade value, if there is any, closes. Take our chances with Dunbar, Moreau and the others.....

You do have to be careful making a trade with Andy Reid though....I don't trust being on the other side of his trades.

In 2017, Foster had surgery to repair a torn rotary cuff.

The same year in the NFL he misses 5 games to Grad 3 Ankle Sprain

In 2018 he missed 3 games to a Grade 2 Hamstring Strain before being released.

Now he has a torn ACL.

Here's the truth, we took another risk on a player that can't stay healthy and he got hurt.  There is no luck to this, this is a pattern.

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

In 2017, Foster had surgery to repair a torn rotary cuff.

The same year in the NFL he misses 5 games to Grad 3 Ankle Sprain

In 2018 he missed 3 games to a Grade 2 Hamstring Strain before being released.

Now he has a torn ACL.

Here's the truth, we took another risk on a player that can't stay healthy and he got hurt.  There is no luck to this, this is a pattern.

Hard to argue with any of this.  But let's not let facts get in the way of whining and complaining.

43 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I like Ragland and he'd feel at home with the rest of the Bama boys. 

If we traded Norman to KC we would dump that salary but would they be willing to take it on?

The Chiefs would then have our two best CB's ☹️

Arguably Top 3, from a couple years ago.

Norman, Fuller, & Breeland.

Maybe that's a selling point for us to get a better deal out of it, is they'd get a secondary with total familiarity. Maybe ?

I sure wouldn't go desperation mode with Andy.

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Hard to argue with any of this.  But let's not let facts get in the way of whining and complaining.

You say that, but I'm perfectly okay with complaining about how going into the season with Reuben Foster being our only acceptable ILB was stupid.

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

You say that, but I'm perfectly okay with complaining about how going into the season with Reuben Foster being our only acceptable ILB was stupid.

I was talking in terms of freaking out about injuries.  But yeah, having him as the best option for ILB isn't good.  

4 hours ago, RWJ said:

Sounds like something that could be career ending with the artery.  Man!

Similar happened with Teddy Bridgewater (ACL+other damage+artery issue) but QBs need elite movement skills less, so idk if that's helpful. 

12 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not that I'm comparing the 2 situations at all, but only since it reminded me, and I'm curious, is the artery damage to Foster, the same artery that Sean Taylor suffered from.

it would have to be the poptiel artery, which is the one that branches off from the femoral one (the big one in your thigh)

Not the same but  closely connected 

Suspicious-guy.gif

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The 2nd round draft pick in next year’s draft? Why would we care how high or low that draft pick is for them? They’re in the AFC, that won’t affect us. 

I was asked how it helps the Colts, that is the answer.

The problem with bringing in a guy like Foster, regardless of what hes done, isnt that he might not pan out.  Because his history says hes a pretty big risk compared to your average player.  

The problem is ONLY bringing in Foster and thinking that solves it.  In the NFL, if you have a position with only 1 good player, you likely will have a position with 0 good players by midway through the season.

4 hours ago, NickyJ said:

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I was talking in terms of freaking out about injuries.  But yeah, having him as the best option for ILB isn't good.  

1 hour ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

It’s fine to take shots on injury history players just don’t rely on them without serious competition. Instead have them be in addition to’s..

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

The problem with bringing in a guy like Foster, regardless of what hes done, isnt that he might not pan out.  Because his history says hes a pretty big risk compared to your average player.  

The problem is ONLY bringing in Foster and thinking that solves it.  In the NFL, if you have a position with only 1 good player, you likely will have a position with 0 good players by midway through the season.

What else should we, and could we have done ?

We used a draft pick on a decent prospect at ILB last month. We arguably couldn't use more picks, because of our plethora of needs.

We were limited in Free Agency, due to the cap.

How specifically could we have done better this offseason, at bolstering ILB, without making huge compromises in other areas ?

4 hours ago, wit33 said:

Reuben Foster would’ve been expected to start with 25 other teams as well going into camp. It’d be a tough loss for any team. 

30 other teams didn't claim him. He's played 16 of 32 possible games. Not someone I'd count on of you ask me.

14 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

30 other teams didn't claim him. He's played 16 of 32 possible games. Not someone I'd count on of you ask me.

Most teams thought he was taking some kind of suspension and didn't wanna face the backlash of picking up a troubled player. 

Archived