Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reuben Foster carted off on 2nd snap of OTA's

purbeast

Just now, sportjunkie07 said:

Because he had a lot of off the field issues and already had injury concerns. I wasn't very hopeful that he would come into camp healthy. 

Well he came into OTAs healthy ... but here we are I guess.

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Trying to find a silver lining here...

As much as I was looking forward to seeing what Foster could do for the defense...it's not like we had him for 8 games and now have to figure out how to replace him.  

If this injury is as bad as we're seeming to think it could be...well, it's not like he had time to make himself a known quantity in the defense.  And there's enough time to find a replacement before true pre-season starts.

Well, who knows 🤔

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/20/injury-to-reuben-foster-could-help-chiefs-redskins-strike-a-deal/

1 hour ago, gatito said:

No because you are not supposed to discuss someone else's medical condition where others can hear the conversation. Like at the pharmacy or Dr office where there is a line you stand behind so you cannot hear private patient information. Violations like this get people fined and sued all the time. Disclosing medical information to an unauthorized 3rd party is a big deal. That is why I personally think the post is BS. This is Dr office 101 type stuff.   

Dude.  It was overheard.  It wasn't disclosed.  No one is getting sued or cited or anything like that.  This isn't taking a picture of a medical record like I think Schefter got a couple of years back.

Yeesh.

Source:  I work medical and have to be trained on this to get my degree, license, and insurance.

48 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Not sure about the stats on this.  But as a child, I wrecked my bike, flew off and my knee slammed the curb.  I had a ton of fluid build up, had to be drained twice, multiple sets of x-rays done and it was deemed a dislocation and nothing torn.  This was back in 1988, so long time before MRIs were common practice, especially in small towns like I grew up in.

So it's possible......granted, I have have often wondered in my adult life if there was a partial tear or not.  

Keep in mind, too, that medically fine is one thing but if you depend on your knees for a living it can be different.  I think back to Griffin's first ACL surgery being "good enough" but Andrews did, well, an Andrews-level job.

Oh and yeah I think MRI's would help! 😂

Just because he rolls his knee doesn't make his season over.  They have to complete an MRI to see if there are ligament tears.  If there's tears, his season is over...if there's not, he'll have a high degree sprain (or overstretch of the ligaments).  If you step on someones foot while running, you have an unstable surface under a weighted foot.  You'd be susceptible to joint overstretch and tears.  If you've never badly sprained or tore a ligament, they feel the same.  Absolutely no difference in pain as the ligaments don't have nerves.  The soft tissue has nerves and therefor the pain is equal.  His likely tears were not pain, but rather shock symptoms from a severe injury and the impact that it carries.  You just can't pull the trigger on the degree of any injury without an MRI.  Not even an osteopath can diagnose a tear with a physical exam.  Only thing you can detect is instability and solicited pain response.  He's likely torn his knee ligaments by the sound of it, but you can't confirm that until you get an MRI.

1 hour ago, gatito said:

No because you are not supposed to discuss someone else's medical condition where others can hear the conversation. Like at the pharmacy or Dr office where there is a line you stand behind so you cannot hear private patient information.

I've seen plenty of those lines.

And I've always wondered why are people speaking so loud then?

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yeah, but I think that MRI techs do the actual MRI and the Xray techs only do the xrays.  I don't think X-ray techs do both.

True. But the person who reported this may not know the difference

Yeah, but I think that MRI techs do the actual MRI and the Xray techs only do the xrays.  I don't think X-ray techs do both.

8 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Right?  Don't go near Andy Reid.  Ever.

What Andy Reid does every time the Skins make a trade with them...

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

Not necessarily.  It's the same thing in the hospital organizational structure.  There are different degrees of Technicians and typically senior staff can perform X-rays, Cat Scans, MRI's.  It's just whether you've taken the class to use the machine.

Archived