Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reuben Foster carted off on 2nd snap of OTA's

purbeast

Hey look at the bright side!  Our off-season hope is more enjoyable than actual performance during the season.  Now we can fool ourselves into thinking it will get better in 2020, bc we can say things like "oh and it's like we had an extra first round pick this year bc reuben foster is coming back.  Look at how great this team is on paper!!". 

And around and around we go.

As soon as the NFL league office decided not to suspend Foster you knew the other shoe was going to drop eventually.........ok that is an absurd statement on my part, but really, why does this keep happening every single season over and over?

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Chad Dukes point below I think is premature.   Maybe he ends up the only major guy lost.  But it does feel like really weird bad luck to lose a player that quick. 

I agree with Chad dukes.  Freak injuries happen, but we led the league the last two years, now a freak injury on the 2ND SNAP of OTAs!  Unbelievable!  

We can't just keep saying aw shucks.  Something's got to change.  There have to be factors that are contributing to this. 

I remember some stuff being posted where the Redskins brain trust was looking into the reason for injuries, but maybe their approach to evaluation needs to be improved.  I understand some team has to be the most injured, but we are blowing everyone else out of the water in that regard.  Sheer coincidence?  Not buying it.

This is such a Redskins thing to happen.

Don't they scan these guy's knees wayyyy before OTA starts..flexibility, strength...why the hell don't they wear supports for OTA's so they can get into football shape gradually??

If you are NOT going full speed..wear a f'n support brace...geezz- Even if you NEVER had a knee problem. You don't NEED speed in these practices right now???

I hope he's okay and that this is all just overblown, but this was a MAJOR concern when signing him, aside from all those legal sacks 'n stuff.  Anecdotally, a huge number of Foster supporters just kept missing this point, over and over and over.

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/reuben-foster/9496

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/timeline-reuben-fosters-troubles-career-alabama-redskins

He missed 6.5 games due to injury in 2017, his rookie season.

He missed 2.75ish games in 2018 after being suspended the first two and getting cut November 25.

We signed him for peanuts, which is great, but had he not had his more-than-handful of behavior problems (I'll just put it that way), he'd still be a big injury risk.  He missed more than half of a season's worth of games in less than two seasons, which were even shorter because of suspension.  As disappointing as it is, as I was hoping to be wrong about his turnaround, I don't see how this is a shock to anyone.

And yeah, Dukes has me on his side.  "Freak injuries" is like the smart kid happening to fail at least one subject per week.  That means he's not smart; he's dumb.

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Our inside backers are now scary. And not in a good way.

Yeah I commented on this before -- Dallas defense IMO is on another strata than ours mainly for one reason -- their MLBs are insane.  Our MLBs not so much.  R. Foster was the freak talent who could turn that around perhaps.

I got no issue with Sean Dion Hamilton but Keim has said multiple teams that team officials told him that Hamilton is more of a depth guy-marginal starter versus a big time player.  That point seemed to be verified when they bid really high this off season to try to get Mosley in FA.  Mason Foster to me I think is just a guy.

1 minute ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Don't they scan these guy's knees wayyyy before OTA starts..flexibility, strength...why the hell don't they wear supports for OTA's so they can get into football shape gradually??

If you are NOT going full speed..wear a f'n support brace...geezz- Even if you NEVER had a knee problem. You don't NEED speed in these practices right now???

Gramatica tore his ACL celebrating a field goal.  I'm not sure football shape would help.

I do like the idea of the braces, though.  It's not like they're illegal.

its season ending, also a dude like this with a bunch of idol time away from the team isnt going to end well. I wonder what these guys do all offseason to keep their bodies in shape? That has to be a big missing factor, then you go out there and try to do too much too quickly. 

Archived