Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reuben Foster carted off on 2nd snap of OTA's

purbeast

22 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I thought our training facility was supposed to be pretty new/ up to date. Was I wrong on that? 

Nope we just recently irradicated MRSA in the locker room. Some Texas high schools have equal facilities to ours. 

24 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I thought our training facility was supposed to be pretty new/ up to date. Was I wrong on that? 

You might be thinking of the facility down in Richmond for training camp.  It's pretty nice from what I've seen.  Not sure how it compares to what's around the league, though.

Ashburn isn't great from what I remember.  

9 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 1m1 minute ago

Gruden said Foster stepped on the foot of offensive lineman Tyler Catalina as he rushed a gap at three-quarters speed.

So much for the crappy practice field explanation...

Should we cut Catalina ?

And if this is true, why was it repeatedly said that it was a non-contact injury ?

Sounds like contact to me.

Trying to find a silver lining here...

As much as I was looking forward to seeing what Foster could do for the defense...it's not like we had him for 8 games and now have to figure out how to replace him.  

If this injury is as bad as we're seeming to think it could be...well, it's not like he had time to make himself a known quantity in the defense.  And there's enough time to find a replacement before true pre-season starts.  In other words, we don't know what we're missing here with Foster on the bench.

But still this sucks.  I know we were all looking forward to seeing what he could do.  He was going to be one of the players I was really looking forward to watching this year.  I haven't been around him so I haven't gotten a perception of him one way or another but I feel for the guy.  Probably thankful that all that stuff with his girlfriend is behind him, he's got a fresh start, can just focus on football and...this.  

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Should we cut Catalina ?

And if this is true, why was it repeatedly said that it was a non-contact injury.

IMO, I think contact means a tackle...stepping on someones foot is...ugh, I can't believe I'm saying this...a freak injury.

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Should we cut Catalina ?

And if this is true, why was it repeatedly said that it was a non-contact injury ?

No, we will need him, Ranch, Thousand Island, French and Honey Mustard to play offensive line after all the starters get hurt.

Actually it was on a 3rd play... but I digress... lol

If he is out for the whole season we can just blame it on Goodell since he was probably thinking of suspending him for the whole season anyways. 

He had injury/performance issue in San Fran, but it would have been nice to see what he could have done here. Oh well, at least they didn't get rid of Mason Foster. 

Reading this, Foster stepping on Catalina's foot wasn't what did it but the landing afterwards.  That's why I gather Jay is calling it a noncontact injury. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/20/jay-gruden-calls-reuben-foster-injury-very-concerning/

“He’s going to get his MRI,” Gruden said. “We don’t have any information right now. He just ran through a gap, stepped on [guard Tyler] Catalina’s foot and landed funny on his left leg.”

10 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Non contact typically describes the type of session. 

18 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

You might be thinking of the facility down in Richmond for training camp.  It's pretty nice from what I've seen.  Not sure how it compares to what's around the league, though.

Ashburn isn't great from what I remember.  

Yep thats exactly what I was thinking about. 

Damn as much as they love to spend money they really are ****ing this one up. 

There really is just no getting around it. This team is cursed, plain and simple. I'm actually surprised something like this didn't happen while the players were walking out to the practice field. Actually getting to the 3rd snap is almost impressive given this team's injury history the last several years. 

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yep thats exactly what I was thinking about. 

Damn as much as they love to spend money they really are ****ing this one up. 

The Ashburn weight training facility is ****. I think they did a few upgrades on it over the offseason but it's probably still ****. Very small, looks like a mom and pop gym basically. For contrast, this is the weight training facility at Alabama. 

Screen-Shot-2016-03-12-at-10.01.47-AM.pn

I actually feel sorry for many of the college guys who come here. They're used to amazing, top notch facilities and they come to this podunk, beat down, low rent place. :ols:

At least they know now that when they get injured they'll be making a ton of money still.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Some players including from other teams have said the field at Fedex is one of the toughest to play on.  If I recall the Seattle players complained about it -- post the same game that RG3 tore his knee.  

saw wonder if grass-field conditions is a variable they need to consider more heavily versus the training stuff.   I got no clue just spitballing. 

Slippery conditions normally don't cause injuries. It's when the foot plants and all the stress of stopping/changing momentum are put on a joint. 

What is it with this team? Is the practice field built on an ancient native burial ground or something? This is just a bunch of bad mojo. 

28 minutes ago, mistertim said:

The Ashburn weight training facility is ****. I think they did a few upgrades on it over the offseason but it's probably still ****. Very small, looks like a mom and pop gym basically. For contrast, this is the weight training facility at Alabama. 

I actually feel sorry for many of the college guys who come here. They're used to amazing, top notch facilities and they come to this podunk, beat down, low rent place. :ols:

Maybe the Bama players utilize the "optional" part of OTA's and choose to go work out at their alma mater, instead ?

What a shame.  The guy finally has some of his personal stuff behind him and can focus on playing ball and this happens.  Hopefully its not as bad as people seem to think it is.  I guess I should hold off on the funeral until the MRI results come in. 

48 minutes ago, zskins said:

He had injury/performance issue in San Fran, but it would have been nice to see what he could have done here. Oh well, at least they didn't get rid of Mason Foster. 

Well he's as good as advertised: Injured.

Conclusion: Reuben Foster fits our Roster pretty well.

Archived