Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS HIRE KYSHOEN JARRETT

TK

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

May 7, 2019

REDSKINS HIRE KYSHOEN JARRETT

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that defensive coaching intern Kyshoen Jarrett has been hired full-time as the team’s defensive quality control coach.

“Kyshoen was a valuable asset to our coaching staff last season,” said Head Coach Jay Gruden. “He is a quality coach and a quality person and I have complete trust in him succeeding in this new role.”

Jarrett spent one season as a defensive coaching intern with the team in 2018. His primary responsibility was working with the nickel cornerbacks during practice and film sessions. 

Jarrett was a sixth round (181st overall) selection by the Redskins in the 2015 NFL Draft. He appeared in 16 games with five starts as a rookie in 2015 and recorded 57 tackles (38 solo), four passes defensed and one forced fumble before suffering a spinal cord injury in the season finale against the Dallas Cowboys.

This is a low key hiring that the mainstream media would never cover. But sheds a light on some of the good that our front office does. The small amount of time we saw KJ on the field, we all saw a smaller guy with a giant heart and an infectious passion for the game. I thought he was destined to he a good player personally. Not a star, but a guy we could rely on for years like a Ryan Clark type of player. This hiring puts KJs foot in the door and gives him an opportunity to work himself up. Good job Bran Snallen! 

Loved to read about that. Guy deserved, he's one of those nice stories that happen. He got hurt really bad, and from the last reports I read about it, it was still hurting at times. But I'm really glad for the guy to stick around and find new goals in his life.

Really happy for him.

Hopefully he'll be able to transmit his passion to players on the field.

I think people forget just how good this kid was rounding out to be. Super shame his career was derailed by injury..He had an innate feel for the game, hope he translates those skills to being a great coach. Congrats to him and the FO for giving him a chance.

31 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I think it's unanimous.

If you don't like this, then you're not a Redskin fan.

If you're not a Redskin fan, and you still don't like this, perhaps some soul-searching is in order.

Im a skins fan and i don’t like this....

i LOVE this!! :D 

18 hours ago, ddyork said:

Is it just me or does it seem like the front office is starting to do some good things now?  The draft, Bruce coming out of the woodwork for an interview, and now this signing....

16 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Nice move by the organisation.

14 hours ago, Burgold said:

Of all the things this team has done wrong, it's nice to see them do right by Kyoshen.

13 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I think it's unanimous.

If you don't like this, then you're not a Redskin fan.

If you're not a Redskin fan, and you still don't like this, perhaps some soul-searching is in order.

12 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Nice entry-level position that could lead to much more down the road. I like it...👍

32 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Looking after our own, I like it. 

Sorry for the extensive multi-quote, but I think it's incredibly refreshing to see a bunch of posters, new and old, noticing that our front office is actually doing quite a few things right this offseason.  I can't believe it myself.  This was just a 100% classy and beneficial good move, of quite a few, that a crap FO is making.  I'm impressed.

On 5/7/2019 at 3:06 PM, ddyork said:

Is it just me or does it seem like the front office is starting to do some good things now?  

It's just you. ;)

Seriously, good for Jarrett, and the Redskins. It's nice they are giving a chance to stay a part of the team and the game, though he can no longer play anymore.

Archived