Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

On 8/12/2019 at 10:05 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

I may owe my nephew an apology. When we left camp yesterday, he randomly said that McLaurin will have a 1K season. We laughed him out... I explained to him that Reed (who killed both times I went to Richmond btw), CT, Quinn, Richardson, and possibly Davis and Doctson will have more targets than him. He reluctantly *agreed.

But shoot, if Hoffman is saying he's balling out like that, I may have to eat some crow in January. Smh...

Edited by CrypticVillain
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CrypticVillain said:

I may owe my nephew an apology. When we left camp yesterday, he randomly said that McLaurin will have a 1K season. We laughed him out... I explained to him that Reed (who killed both times I went to Richmond btw), CT, Quinn, Richardson, and possibly Davis and Doctson will have more targets than him. He reluctantly disagreed.

But shoot, if Hoffman is saying he's balling out like that, I may have to eat some crow in January. Smh...

I agree with your nephew,  Although i think its more a case of our other receivers being subpar or injured then McLaurin being a superstar. 

Edited by JoeJacobyHOForRIOT
  • Like 1

In 2011 our leading receiver was Jabar Gaffney, that was a low point for the Skins receiving options.  Gaffney had 114 targets, 947 yards, and 5 TD's.

In 2017 our WR targets leader was Crowder with 103 targets, 789 yards, and 3 TD's.  Kirk Cousins still had 4,000 passing yards so it wasn't felt that badly.  But it got worse in 2018, Josh Doctson had 78 targets, 532 yards, and 2 TD's.

I knew our receivers weren't that good, but given that a 3rd round rookie is outplaying everyone...maybe I didn't realize how much talent our WR room was lacking.

• Like 2

Hoping we found our TY Hilton, who was also a 3rd round pick.  Same 40 speed, though Terry is two inches taller and weighs about 25 pounds more.  Hilton separates himself with his speed and excellent route-running.  If Terry can come even close to the WR Hilton is, we've found our WR1.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

He has zero holes in his game, I've been a big fan of this pick since day 1. When you are a great route runner with 4.3 speed, great hands, great work ethic, and a monstrous blocker, your chance of being a good player is very high. Our boy Dwayne Haskins also had a perfect passer rating when passing to Mclaurin, as much as I'd love for that to be because Haskins was amazing, I think we can assume it was because of Scary Terry. "I think they are, almost, freaked out with how good he is," Hoffman from the fan. With quotes like this, it makes me feel like the Redskins think they landed a #1 WR and they know it. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Haven’t heard much about him in practice recently.

Keeping him under wraps.  He is going to be our surprise this year. Actually not joking.  Playing the cards tight with him, I think. It seems they are shocked by his ability. Maybe wrong...just a feeling I get when I read the tea leaves of things said about him. Hail

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Keeping him under wraps.  He is going to be our surprise this year. Actually not joking.  Playing the cards tight with him, I think. It seems they are shocked by his ability. Maybe wrong...just a feeling I get when I read the tea leaves of things said about him. Hail

Kind of tend to agree. There’s something so incredibly odd about him only playing one snap last week and I’ve never ever heard gruden discuss a rookie the way he does McLaurin. And the beat guys ALL agree and have said not only is he one of the top rookies but top players. Stoked to watch him. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Keeping him under wraps.

I have a problem with this. McLaurin is a rookie. He needs to see and learn what NFL game speed is about. Jay keeping him under wraps doesn't do McLaurin or the team any favors. It just shows more of his disdain for the preseason and shows us why his teams start so slow.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up here.  Even though it's pre-season, even though it's the season of hope for a football fan....I just can't do it to myself.  I just can't.  I won't allow it.  

Just give up. You know you cant do it. I can tell by the way you talking you are just like the rest of us. Your brain says no. But your heart screams yes and your loins cant help but convulse with excitement.  

The faster you give in to the hope. The faster they can break you and you can get back on with your life. Its fine. Its natural. You love it. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Would be kinda funny if we ever see a typo which resulted in a report like this, "The player was removed from the game after twerking his glute muscles"

Yea, because I think Casserly did say something about him falling on his ass. Lol

• Haha 1

On 8/15/2019 at 12:07 AM, Vanguard said:

According to Casserly, Terry came in for one play, and tweaked something.  That’s why he came out of the game.  I hope he can go against Cincy.  Both Casserly and Moss, said he should get a ton of targets.

You have to be ****ing kidding me. 

Does it ever end with our rookies and injury's season after season after season. ****!!!!!!!!