Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

3 hours ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Such a joke our WR1 has yet to play a snap in the NFL. This team is run by clowns. I hope he succeeds but lol. 

Doctson proved nothing in the NFL other than he can jump real high. I'll take the guy who can prove something more than that.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Kinda where im at. I dont know whether to be stoked or incredibly sad

Coaches saw him all summer, in the meeting room, on the field, etc. If they were completely comfortable ditching Doctson in favor of McLaurin, then I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. They must like what he has to offer to slot him in at #2 as a rookie.

Hey, I drafted McLaurin in the last round of my fantasy draft, so he better perform.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah I have no idea what to make of the Mclaurin situation.  I know reports out of training camp were that the coaches were very impressed with him and didn't realize he'd be "that good" but I've heard fluff about skill position players (WRs) all the way back to the Spurrier era and it translated into absolutely nothing once the regular season started.

Even if you think he is that good, why not give him some snaps, you don't have to call 10 plays designed for him, but get him on the field, let him get a feel for NFL speed.  Isn't that what preseason is for....for a rookie?   They seemed to think Guice needed the reps and familiarity (I do understand Guice was coming off a devastating injury). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Coaches saw him all summer, in the meeting room, on the field, etc. If they were completely comfortable ditching Doctson in favor of McLaurin, then I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. They must like what he has to offer to slot him in at #2 as a rookie.

Hey, I drafted McLaurin in the last round of my fantasy draft, so he better perform.

I took him in the second to last and just beat my buddy to him... I think he'll be a breakout player, no doubt.

He is still injured this must be the first time a a 4th rounder became a 1WR with virtually no preseason. I think he had 1 catch?

What's the difference, no catch or one catch.  You'd think this guy is the real deal based on all that alone.

Maybe we can finally get lucky after a million tries

tumblr_mddezluzGU1qjeut3o3_250.gif

Edited by RandyHolt

The way they are talking McLaurin up, I wonder if they plan to use him the way the Eagles used D-Jax early in his career, design plays around the ball getting into his hands and having him find ways to turn those opportunities into plays.   Screens, slants, reverses, etc etc etc.......I guess we will find out soon!

• Like 2

Going to have to get Case into a rhythm early... quick three step drops with a few shallow crosser and a quick slant or a wheel route by the RB out of the backfield.  Also, I would expect to see lots of screens against a Philly defense that is going to pin their ears back and come after the QB.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 4:04 PM, ExoDus84 said:

So did I...lol

2 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

"Rely on to make plays with the ball in his hands"

Ok, that means they think they've stumbled onto an good YAC guy.  Best we've had since Garcon.  Mixture of speed, burst, and physical toughness.

So he'll have some plays called for him that hopefully aren't just WR screens.

WR reverses, and WR screens all day.

At least until other defenses catch on.

On 9/3/2019 at 11:55 AM, BayouBrave86 said:

Such a joke our WR1 has yet to play a snap in the NFL. This team is run by clowns. I hope he succeeds but lol. 

Wanting Doctson just because he’s played NFL snaps before and stunk is the equivalent of staring at the pretty girl but deciding to stay with your ****y girlfriend who you always argue with because, well, you’re an idiot.

I get the skepticism about McLaurin considering the track record here with receivers.    I personally think he's going to be a good player.  Will see.    It's almost as tough to predict receivers in the NFL as it is QBs. 

I was just curious about what was said about Jacobs back then, apparently Dan-FO had him ranked as a first rounder, so steal in the 2nd.  😀

'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/2003/04/27/redskins-1st-pick-jacobs/e844a3ed-bc96-49c4-bd6c-de47857416f2/

"When he was available, [Redskins owner] Dan Snyder said, 'Gosh, we were thinking about drafting him with the 13th pick. Now we have a chance to get him at 44th. We have to do it,' " Spurrier said. " . . . He'll fit right in with the group we have right now. . . .We had no idea he'd still be there.''

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I get the skepticism about McLaurin considering the track record here with receivers.    I personally think he's going to be a good player.  Will see.    It's almost as tough to predict receivers in the NFL as it is QBs. 

I was just curious about what was said about Jacobs back then, apparently Dan-FO had him ranked as a first rounder, so steal in the 2nd.  😀

'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/2003/04/27/redskins-1st-pick-jacobs/e844a3ed-bc96-49c4-bd6c-de47857416f2/

"When he was available, [Redskins owner] Dan Snyder said, 'Gosh, we were thinking about drafting him with the 13th pick. Now we have a chance to get him at 44th. We have to do it,' " Spurrier said. " . . . He'll fit right in with the group we have right now. . . .We had no idea he'd still be there.''

That is mortifying! I think it’s a good example of how far we’ve come tbh.

6 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

Going to have to get Case into a rhythm early... quick three step drops with a few shallow crosser and a quick slant or a wheel route by the RB out of the backfield.  Also, I would expect to see lots of screens against a Philly defense that is going to pin their ears back and come after the QB.

Sounds good. Only, I hope Jay added the screen to this years playbook.