Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

10 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For me, from watching him I think he has potential.  He made plays when Haskins threw to him.  McLaurin's numbers were insane when he was actually thrown the ball to. 

It's the same narrative that we got on Dawson Knox.  Knox didn't put up big numbers but if you sit through the games you see him get open regardless if he was the go to guy.  Hence some are jazzed about his potential in the NFL.  Me among them.   

For Haskins his go to guy was Campbell.     I can deal with breakout age in a vacuum as a variable but IMO not so much when other things cancel it out.  And most importantly, I don't think the next tier of receivers will be available in the third.  Right now am guessing best available receiver might be Arcega-Whiteside .  If so he'd be my guy but if we have to go deeper down the well -- I wouldn't mind McLaurin especially because of him playing with Haskins.   The other I'd add is McLaurin burned it up at the Senior Bowl competing against some of the better prospects from college.  That usually means something.

But anyway off my soap box on McLaurin.  I 

also from this morning.    The dude did burn it up in the senior bowl. 

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We could have straight up gotten this guy in the 5th or 6th round I bet. He's a nothing player.

You're having a tantrum, this isn't true at all. He's ranked pretty high in multiple places

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

We were never going to get a good starting WR in the 3rd round. That's an extremely hard position to draft in later rounds, that's why I preferred against it. 

Butler was there. I think he could be good. Then again, he is dropping quite a ways..... 

I like the pick, he's a burner, runs a 4.35, a gunner and special teams ace.

Super leader, all about the team with him. High character and intangibles guy.

Not a ton of production in college but did catch 11 TD's and 20yards/catch last year. 

Obviously this is all about familiarity with Haskins, as a bonus TM can take it to the house at any moment. 

So we got him one of his favorite weapons. Nice.

We don’t draft good wide receivers. We haven’t drafted a good one since Monk; which is why I wish we’d stop doing it. That being said, he’s willing to block and play special teams which is a plus. His PFF grade ain’t too shabby either.

Just now, Birdlives said:

We don’t draft good wide receivers. We haven’t drafted a good one since Monk; which is why I wish we’d stop doing it. That being said, he’s willing to block and play special teams which is a plus. His PFF grade ain’t too shabby either.

Leonard Hankerson was looking good for a little bit there before he got hurt.  

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

This guy is another Ryan Grant/Niles Paul hard working dime a dozen player. Very disappointing after such a slam dunk day 1.

but he's got speed that Grant and Paul didn't have. Thats something that can't be taught. I'm not against Butler but we've already got Doctson who's not that fast, we've got other big guys who aren't fast like Sims and Quinn, but we don't have much speed outside of Richardson. 

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

We were never going to get a good starting WR in the 3rd round. That's an extremely hard position to draft in later rounds, that's why I preferred against it. 

considering the number of WR busts in thw first round where exactly do good WRs come from?

Archived