Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

1 minute ago, teamcal00 said:

I don't understand why were down on this pic? He's immediately our fastest wide receiver, he can help on special teams immediately, he can block which is better than virtually every other wide receiver we have and has been noted as a weakness by every local beat reporter, a great locker room guy and he's comfortable with our new quarterback. It's not like they reached with this pic, this is right where everyone thought he would be chosen

When all you can say about a WR is that he can block and play Special Teams, then he's a bum. You can get guys like that in the 6th round.

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/3/5/18247493/terry-mclaurin-scouting-report

Alex Kirshner SB-nation

"I think new Washington receiver Terry McLaurin was one of the draft’s biggest steals"

Advanced stats say Ohio State product and Washington third-round pick Terry McLaurin is one of the best receivers in the 2019 NFL Draft.

He went 77th overall, but I think he’ll have much better than the draft’s 77th-best career.

Among FBS receivers in this class, McLaurin was first in 2018 in Marginal Efficiency, the advanced stat by SB Nation’s Bill Connelly that measures how successful a throw to a receiver is based on the down and distance. (For instance, a 10-yard completion on third-and-8 is more efficient than a 12-year completion on third-and-20.) He was seventh in the class in Marginal Explosiveness, which similarly measures how successful his successful targets are. Nobody fared better across both departments.

McLaurin, of course, put up those numbers catching balls from Dwayne Haskins, the quarterback Washington took 15th overall. More shortly on their collaboration.  read more at the link pretty cool take.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

When all you can say about a WR is that he can block and play Special Teams, then he's a bum. You can get guys like that in the 6th round.

You could also say that he has elite measurables and averaged 20 yards per catch.

But you don't care. You also don't know anything about the player. You just want to **** - so, carry on.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

are you reading anything in this thread?  hes a burner and assuming nuance route running means what i think it does he can run routes.  open your eyes and stop acting like a child that didnt get his candy bar

3 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Meanwhile, let’s address the elephant in the room. Are we really satisfied with our offensive line both starting and depth? Would’ve been a priority for me were I running the team.

I am damn happy with the starting line except LG. Problem is they just cant stay healthy. 

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Dude you are straight melting down right now. Should we be worried? Can we call somebody for you? Need a hug? 

Archived