Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

3 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I'm reserved, but cautiously optimistic about Haskins, but that list sucks. Any list that features Daniel Jones above Haskins is a joke. Also, Trubisky. The rest of the list, I don't fundamentally have an issue with, although, I think those are all really good prospects, although Rosen has yet to show out. 

1T: Baker Mayfield, Browns 2017, 35 points (4 first-place votes)
1T: Sam Darnold, Jets 2017, 35 points (4 first-place votes)
3: Deshaun Watson, Texans 2016, 33 points (1 first-place vote)
4: Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs 2016, 26.5 points (1 first-place vote)
5: Kyler Murray, Cardinals 2019, 18 points (1 first-place vote)
6: Josh Rosen, Cardinals 2018, 8.5 points
7: Mitch Trubisky, Bears 2017, 6 points
8: Daniel Jones, Giants 2019, 2 points
9: Dwayne Haskins, Redskins 2019, 1 point

I have to believe some of these scouts lied to boost Mayfield, Watson & Mahomes, but that wouldn’t explain why Haskins is last. 🙁

30 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Getting Sweat was the shot of adrenaline my heart needed after the Haskins selection.

People on twitter seem hard on Ledy, looks like he’s said some controversial stuff at some point, probably about the Vols. 

Ledyard made some socially insensitive comments which were out of line when he was making references-analogies to players years ago. He apologized for them before.  But someone brought the old tweets back up this draft season so he had to deal with them again.  He's doubled down on being contrite and said he's changed.   Hopefully that's true.  But as a draft analyst, I think he's good.  I like that he's flexible where he will sometimes change his mind and will challenge "conventional wisdom."  A case in point he was on Deionte Thompson from Alabama before the last college season and touted him before he was a name.  He kept backing him early but then bailed on him as the season progressed. 

Shanny was on Sheehan's podcast talking about the players he was familiar with from the draft.  On Haskins he liked his potential but wasn't sure about him -- he is in the camp that the Ohio State offense isn't that similar to the NFL.  He loved M. Sweat.  Loved. T McLaurin.   It was clear he is also a big Lock guy.  Shanny has his faults but he knows offense and offensive talent typically. 

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Shanny was on Sheehan's podcast talking about the players he was familiar with from the draft.  On Haskins he liked his potential but wasn't sure about him -- he is in the camp that the Ohio State offense isn't that similar to the NFL.  He loved M. Sweat.  Loved. T McLaurin.   It was clear he is also a big Lock guy.  Shanny has his faults but he knows offense and offensive talent typically. 

You take in an overwhelming amount of information/views. I agree with ole Shanny on Dwayne, plenty of gifts, but there is a reason no one was eager to go get him .... same with our boy Lock. Next years class is loaded, I wonder where Haskins would have been with another year to work on some things ... he makes some unbelievable throws ... then throws where his arm looks like it gained 16 lbs mid throw. 

2 hours ago, volsmet said:

I agree with ole Shanny on Dwayne, plenty of gifts, but there is a reason no one was eager to go get him .... same with our boy Lock. Next years class is loaded, I wonder where Haskins would have been with another year to work on some things ... he makes some unbelievable throws ... then throws where his arm looks like it gained 16 lbs mid throw. 

Hopefully Haskins with a year of study under his belt will be better than, or at least as good as, the next year rookie QBs class.  Otherwise the Skins should not have picked him.  But there's no use is speculating at this point. 

3 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

I'm reserved, but cautiously optimistic about Haskins, but that list sucks. Any list that features Daniel Jones above Haskins is a joke. Also, Trubisky. The rest of the list, I don't fundamentally have an issue with, although, I think those are all really good prospects, although Rosen has yet to show out. 

1T: Baker Mayfield, Browns 2017, 35 points (4 first-place votes)
1T: Sam Darnold, Jets 2017, 35 points (4 first-place votes)
3: Deshaun Watson, Texans 2016, 33 points (1 first-place vote)
4: Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs 2016, 26.5 points (1 first-place vote)
5: Kyler Murray, Cardinals 2019, 18 points (1 first-place vote)
6: Josh Rosen, Cardinals 2018, 8.5 points
7: Mitch Trubisky, Bears 2017, 6 points
8: Daniel Jones, Giants 2019, 2 points
9: Dwayne Haskins, Redskins 2019, 1 point

Lists always suck. Their sole purpose is to take a couple things that are different and try to make them the same just so you can slot one over another. Very subjective and they only create debates about how wrong they are. 

Look at all the lists/rankings that espn produces. It's done just to create traffic. 

Archived