Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reuben Foster Will Not Be Suspended!!

KingGibbs

1 minute ago, Jericho said:

But wait, the Redskins were the devil incarnate for even considering the possibility he might be worth taking a chance on. And now he's not even going to be suspended? Maybe we should ask Jason Witten how he feels about it.

Reuben Foster will let him know personally

To quote myself from the "Skins claim Reuben Foster" thread...

"With the accuser's history--and it's a ****ing doozy--a "wait-and-see" approach should absolutely be taken in this circumstance. And from how I'm understanding it (and I could be wrong), the Redskins have basically claimed the rights to Foster's future in the NFL, should he still have one. There are legitimate reasons to believe he very well may have one, considering his accuser has seriously ****ed over the legal system with DV charges more than once in the past, and against more boyfriends than just Foster. So outside of bad press (which the Skins don't really seem that shaken by, which is refreshing in my eyes lol), this move won't cost them much. I'm curious what the response will be if it turns out that there isn't enough evidence to take him to court for DV...[...]how the local press will react."

@Wildbunny is right, we embarrassed ourselves with how we handled getting Foster.  Him not getting suspended doesn't change that, I don't want to see us throw up on ourselves like that ever again.

Now him and Collins in the middle of the defense is going to make a world of difference.  This is a big deal, think we really should take an edge rusher if Haskins doesn't fall to us.

6 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

I remember the media crushing the FO for the signing. " What organization could do something this terrrible". Guess someone knew something.....

I wanna give Bruce credit for having foresight for a change but I know it’s more a case of “better to be lucky than good”.

Hopefully he hits 7s with Keenum as well.

Loved the move when we picked up his rights, this is great news. He has a strong chance to turn things around here. Best thing going for him is the core of ex college team mates around him. Kinda hopeful this one is going to work out well.

Great news.   Can you imagine skins  teaming foster with Devin bush.   We would rival the cowboys young two inside studs.    prolly two fastest backers in game.    Foster and Bush.   Essentially taking a team weakness and making it a strength.   Sure Ryan would be in favor.  Has to be a thought at 15.  How fun would that be to watch.

This is short term vindication for both Foster and Allen. Allen rolled the dice, took a big PR hit, and won. That doesn’t make him a great GM, but credit where credit is due. Allen looks much better today for this move than he did in November. 

Still does not undo Bruce Allen't gutless move of sending his coach, who was not the man to make this decision, out to take the hard questions as he crawled under the bed and avoided all the controversy. What a gutless POS Bruce Allen is.  Oh and I don't ever want to hear the words "high character" come out of his mouth ever again.

From a football standpoint it's a great move. But there are other things to consider here. 

Lurked a 49ers board this morning lol...they have a Reuben Foster thread that started at his draft and is still going on today. Has over 18,000 posts (!!!), so I read some from the beginning, read some more after he was released by the team, read even more after charges were dropped, and then finished up reading more posts after the tweet about the league not suspending him any games. It was just a rollercoaster of hot takes on Foster lol...with more than a few fans claiming that if he were still with the 49ers he would have been suspended 8 games because Goodell has it out for them (mimicking the Cowboys fans who say the exact same damn thing)...

There were also posts about how the 49ers set some ground rules about him being involved with the woman who accused him and how Foster seemed to stray off the path and back into a relationship with her again and again and that's the underlying reason they cut him, with one poster saying he heard Foster was still living with her (this was back in either December or January)...which kinda plays into the whole "structured living arrangement' statement from Allen.

Side note: 9er fans are starting to call Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch "Shanalynch" in the same dismissive way that Skins fans said "Snyderrato" lol...

These posts stood out:

"I seriously don't pretend to have any idea about what has or hasn't been happening in Foster's relationship with Ennis, but for the 9ers, it's not the two DV cases, it's that they specifically instructed him that he needed to cut ties with her, and months later he was getting in some type of argument or altercation with her in the team hotel the night before an away game.

It's not the charges, I think, it's that they basically resigned themselves to the fact that regardless of what was happening they couldn't trust his judgment. Kyle and (as I recall) Lynch both said as much, which I 100% agree with regardless of if Foster is a serial abuser or Ennis is a serial false reporter.

From the perspective of the team and its leadership, which one of those is true is really neither here nor there. I 100% get it and think that's a good decision, even if he ends up being able to turn things around with Washington."

"I think it's clear that he never touched this psychopath [...[that keeps calling the police on him so we need to stop acting like he's guilty of a crime...we cut him because he made the asinine decision to stay with her and even stupidly brought her to Tampa and posted a picture with her on IG.

We can't fault Shanahan and Lynch for feeling compelled to cut him because of the shame he brought to the team. He obviously does stupid things but his biggest mistake was keeping her around and players have done far worse and prospered in this league.

Unfortunate situation because he's really good and we wasted a lot of draft capital on him. His replacement is also a lot more expensive, coming off a major injury, and probably not as good.

The Redskins come out looking amazing from
 this sick.gif. "

7 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Unfortunate situation because he's really good and we wasted a lot of draft capital on him. His replacement is also a lot more expensive, coming off a major injury, and probably not as good.

I think this 9'ers board quote leads me to see what type of injuries he's talking about.  The biggest issue with Re.Foster is and has been that he has a bad right shoulder.  The other injuries aren't the real concern.  He labrum and rotator cuff surgery, then reinjured it after.  There's video of him playing vs the Cards with his arm hanging and he's tackling David Johnson with one arm.  That was 6 months ago.  I would hope that since the Skins took him, that he was getting rehab for strengthening.  If he has a loose AC joint then you can strengthen that by encapsulating it with overgrown muscle.  Still won't stop it from popping out with a stingy hit, but it will stabilize the overall functionality of that joint.  His other injuries were a concussion, hammy, and knee sprain.  All of these were normal football injuries.  

Hes a a hard hitter and knocks himself out of games.  Needs to be coached to play smarter imo. 

21 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

@Wildbunny is right, we embarrassed ourselves with how we handled getting Foster.  Him not getting suspended doesn't change that, I don't want to see us throw up on ourselves like that ever again.

Now him and Collins in the middle of the defense is going to make a world of difference.  This is a big deal, think we really should take an edge rusher if Haskins doesn't fall to us.

I want him to get the help that he needs.  He's got to have a true support network in his life, not just friends and fans and randos.  He needs to be in therapy, he needs to explore, NOW, what causes him to be violent towards women, be it a nurse at the Combine or a girlfriend who is stuck to him in a way that neither of them would benefit from having a relationship at all.  They're toxic for each other.

22 hours ago, Califan007 said:

To quote myself from the "Skins claim Reuben Foster" thread...

"With the accuser's history--and it's a ****ing doozy--a "wait-and-see" approach should absolutely be taken in this circumstance. And from how I'm understanding it (and I could be wrong), the Redskins have basically claimed the rights to Foster's future in the NFL, should he still have one. There are legitimate reasons to believe he very well may have one, considering his accuser has seriously ****ed over the legal system with DV charges more than once in the past, and against more boyfriends than just Foster. So outside of bad press (which the Skins don't really seem that shaken by, which is refreshing in my eyes lol), this move won't cost them much. I'm curious what the response will be if it turns out that there isn't enough evidence to take him to court for DV...[...]how the local press will react."

I honestly couldn't roll my eyes more at this crap.  The accuser's history is a ****ing doozy?  She ****ed over the legal system?  For reporting DV?  Ugh.  I don't have the patience right now to find what I wrote to counter pretty much all of that.

But this "blaming the accuser" crap needs to really stop.  I'd point you a few ways to find some resources on interpersonal psychology, victim-hood, statistics about the number of times it takes to get out of a DV situation, their prevalence, to learn more about people who end up in these situations, both men and women, and then maybe we can go from black and white to a little bit of color.  But not now. #istillloveyaCalifan #HTTR

4 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

I honestly couldn't roll my eyes more at this crap.  The accuser's history is a ****ing doozy?  She ****ed over the legal system?  For reporting DV?  Ugh.  I don't have the patience right now to find what I wrote to counter pretty much all of that.

But this "blaming the accuser" crap needs to really stop.  I'd point you a few ways to find some resources on interpersonal psychology, victim-hood, statistics about the number of times it takes to get out of a DV situation, their prevalence, to learn more about people who end up in these situations, both men and women, and then maybe we can go from black and white to a little bit of color.  But not now. #istillloveyaCalifan #HTTR

You obviously don't know nearly as much as I do...either that, or you choose to not believe what I know.'

She spent time in jail for falsely accusing an old boyfriend of domestic violence.

She then testified under oath in court that she falsely accused Foster of domestic violence as a money scheme.

The judge in that case said she would also suggest avoiding giving her jail time again because she feared it would scare actual victims of DV from coming forward.

Her accusations in that case were that Foster beat her in her head 8-10 times, did damage to her eardrum, dragged her across the room by her hair, and threw a small dog across the room, among other things. All were made up, every single one. The injuries she told police Foster caused, she actually got from being in a heavy fight with another woman in a rage road fight that night. I believe she also admitted that in court. And there was video to prove it.

Yes...to me that's a "****ing doozy" history and she ****ed over the legal system, as well as she ****ed over real victims of DV. She has an established history on record of using DV charges and the threat of involving the police in her relationships. And there has yet to be any evidence that she has ever experienced even the slightest amount of domestic violence. From anyone. Ever.

Explain to me how she's a victim.

EDIT: Also, this part - "what causes him to be violent towards women, be it a nurse at the Combine..."

Foster was never violent towards a nurse at the combine. It was a verbal argument between him and the nurse that escalated and they ended up getting into each other's faces...there was no violence. And, no, arguing with a woman who is arguing back in the same manner is not considered "violence".

She is an idiot and deserves jailtime. But foster is an idiot too and can't be trusted as of yet. That's why the 49ers let him go. 

I doubt he has learned from the past. We've set some structure up for him and he's saying the right things.. but none of that really matters unless he decides to make a change himself. 

I think we could do without the distraction but we are probably the best team and environment for him to have a second chance and he does deserve a second chance due to his talent alone. 

My guess is he will have his act together for a bit but he will fall apart eventually and we'll see more arrest headlines. The injuries are a bit of a concern as well. Let's hope this isn't the case though. 

12 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

She is an idiot and deserves jailtime. But foster is an idiot too and can't be trusted as of yet. That's why the 49ers let him go. 

I doubt he has learned from the past. We've set some structure up for him and he's saying the right things.. but none of that really matters unless he decides to make a change himself.

I was wondering if the 49ers set up any type of structure and guidance/counseling for Foster after the DV charge was dropped...I know they set up guidelines that he had to adhere to, but I don't know if they did anything more. Clearly it could benefit Foster to have that structure and guidance in place moving forward. I just hope the Skins didn't go the Cowboys' route and hire a bodyguard/babysitter for Foster like Dallas did for Dez (and maybe Pac Man as well, not sure though)...If his 'Bama brothers are part of that structure and guidance he might have a better chance at success here.

6 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Here's my thing, even when he played wasn't he hurt and not very good when healthy?

the health thing, yes. The "not very good" thing...nah.

From PFF's article about the 12 players in 2017--Foster's rookie season--that just missed making their All-Pro team...this was their take on his rookie season:

"Had the 49ers been able to keep Foster healthy and on the field all season, he would almost certainly have made the All-Pro team, and quite possibly on the first team. As it is, Foster ended the year with an overall PFF grade of 90.7 from just 553 total snaps, an incredible number for a rookie linebacker, and looks every bit of a star in the making.

Foster ended 2017 leading the league in run-stop percentage for all linebackers with 11.4 percent, narrowly edging first-team All-Pro Luke Kuechly in that category. Foster’s ability to read and react with speed brought to mind other recent great linebackers to wear the 49ers jersey, and he looks like a worthy heir to Patrick Willis and NaVorro Bowman."

18 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

I will just say that the accuser had A LOT more to gain from Foster than most accusers would. After TWO thorough investigations NO DV was found at all. So in this case I will choose to believe the Police and NFL in their findings. 

As far as having Foster available right now. It really changes our draft scenario. We can concentrate on Edge. CB or QB now. 

Archived