Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reuben Foster Will Not Be Suspended!!

KingGibbs

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Since you're an attorney, lemme ask: I remember hearing some guy (probably on 106.7) who I think was an attorney as well, that Foster's weed charge was a class 5 misdemeanor or whatever classification he gave, and said that in Virginia at least, "a judge wouldn't even bother hearing the case" (more or less verbatim). He made it sound like it was an incredibly insignificant charge. I know NOTHING about drug charges lol...does what this guy said sound legit to you (as much as you can determine from my crappy description and memory, anyway)?

Each jurisdiction varies, but even practicing in a weed unfriendly state, simple possession charges with no prior criminal history are essentially put on a diversion path where the case disappears a year later. 

A state over its a $75 Ticket. So I would say yes it is insignificant and only trending more towards insignificant. 

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Since you're an attorney, lemme ask: I remember hearing some guy (probably on 106.7) who I think was an attorney as well, that Foster's weed charge was a class 5 misdemeanor or whatever classification he gave, and said that in Virginia at least, "a judge wouldn't even bother hearing the case" (more or less verbatim). He made it sound like it was an incredibly insignificant charge. I know NOTHING about drug charges lol...does what this guy said sound legit to you (as much as you can determine from my crappy description and memory, anyway)?

Another way to look at it is no one is suggesting Trent Williams is a troublemaker, yet he got caught for smoking weed.  Clearly he must have possessed it at some point, which is the same charge Foster got. 

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep but he is a bigger dude now.  😀

But as you likely recall, I don't need to be sold on Devin Bush.

Been selling him hard.   If I recall you pushed it some too on the draft thread. If so, not all agree with us though.

But yeah I am OK with 2 rocket missile speedy MLBs playing side by side.  With today's version of the game arguably the traditional Mike type MLB is less critical.

Bush isn't my top pick at 15. But I'd be jazzed to have him.

Yeah I think nowadays the "Jack" and "Mike" ILBs in a 3-4 aren't quite as distinctly different as they used to be years ago. Traditionally the Jack was a bigger stack and shed guy who could take on blockers and keep the Mike backer clean to make plays. But nowadays offenses are so pass happy and agile that those roles are a bit more blurred. I used to be more of a "this guy isn't a Jack ILB, and we already have a Mike" person but I've changed my mind some and I think having two more moderately sized fast guys at ILB could be an asset to a defense. Granted, that's assuming you have a good front 3, which we do.

12 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep, I think people know that.  Not sure why it deserves cap status, exclamation point? 😀   Excitement about Hamilton?  Duo Alabama LBs?   If Keim is correct, that isn't a slam dunk to be played out that way -- according to him they see him as a marginal starter and are open to upgrading.   And it wasn't an accident that the Skins bid high for Mosley in FA.  Mosley is a traditional Mike MLB size wise.

Will see. 

Yeah yeah I'm all for it.  It worked before and no better way to allow Re.Foster to get comfortable quickly.  

On 4/15/2019 at 4:06 PM, goskins10 said:

So I was one of those against it and still am. I have actually just been busy with our mock draft. But thanks for posting as it reminded me I wanted to do this earlier. 

Is it as bad as I thought it might be? No. But the whole problem I had and have with it is this team does not need more drama. And regardless of the dom abuse accusations - which in fairness he has to be considered 100% innocent - he still shows very poor judgement failing the drug test at the combine, fighting with the nurse, and the hand gun charge among a few other questionable incidents. Ok, he has good enough lawyers to get him off. But that does not mean he still cannot seem to keep himself away from self destructive situations. 

I will say if the reports are true the Redskins have set up a support system for him that should keep him out of trouble. But it's like people that are bi-polar not wanting to take their meds. They take them and they are fine, but sooner or later they convince themselves they do not need them. And then they are back in trouble again. He will convince himself he has turned some corner. The only question is will he work harder to make sure he stays there or relax and get in trouble again.

This does not even count his injuries. Yes he should be able to come back from them, but man he was pretty dinged up. Don't we have enough guys that are in and out of the trainers room? 

I hope he does great. I hope it was all just immaturity and he is as healthy as anyone in the league. I just want the team to win. But I didn't like it then and I still am not a fan of the move. He has to show he can stay out of trouble and be productive on the field. 

Very well said.  Even if the woman was lying Rueben Foster has had a whole lot of troubling behavior and bad decisions. Those defending him would not be so forgiving had he signed with Denver, I think that's pretty obvious.  

9 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Very well said.  Even if the woman was lying Rueben Foster has had a whole lot of troubling behavior and bad decisions. Those defending him would not be so forgiving had he signed with Denver, I think that's pretty obvious.  

A young man making bad decisions, especially when it comes to the fairer sex?

Shocked

On 4/17/2019 at 2:44 PM, Master Blaster said:

Another way to look at it is no one is suggesting Trent Williams is a troublemaker, yet he got caught for smoking weed.  Clearly he must have possessed it at some point, which is the same charge Foster got. 

There is too much smoke here for there not to be some fire. He got sent home from the combine for an altercation with the medical staff. That never happens. He's had two domestic charges, a marijuana charge and a weapons charge. To go blow by blow and discount each event individually does a disservice to common sense. He knew he was under the microscope and still couldn't exercise good judgement. Also, I can't remember a single NFL prospect ever to get in an altercation with NFL combine/medical personnel. That alone speaks to being out of control. 

1868394973_ScreenShot2019-04-19at9_20_51AM.thumb.png.6228744700394ed943a4e53c4b4285a3.png

All of that being said, I am glad we grabbed him of waivers and I hope he succeeds. I'm excited to see him play. I'm just not going to pretend that the guy doesn't have character concerns. He clearly does. 

18 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

So the hospital staffer who Foster got into an altercation with was NOT a woman?...It's been repeated and repeated both here and on twitter that it WAS a woman, adding to the "aggressive/violent towards woman" narrative some keep throwing out.

I don't know. That's not my narrative. My narrative is just too much smoke for there not to be fire, and there is smoke in multiple areas. Weapons, weed, domestic violence, altercations with medical staff.

I don't care if someone smokes weed. I don't care if they have a gun if they aren't using it for anything bad. The fact that he doesn't seem to think that any societal or behavioral norms or legal standards apply to him, is problematic. Especially when he knew that there was extra focus on his behaviors both from the league and the team. Foster is clearly a danger to do something dumb and be suspended and I'm glad that he's not dating my sister. 

I am glad he's on the team. I just hope he can hold it together enough to keep playing.  

7 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Then why do you care here?

I think his point is the sum of its parts with Foster.  It's not just one thing, it's all the things combined.

I'd bet everything I own that many of the folks here hellbent on downplaying Foster's actions wouldn't be doing that if he was on the Cowboys roster.  He'd be a hoodlum jailbird and a bunch of hahaha going on.

2 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Then why do you care here?

Because it's the 5th thing on the list. It's a pattern of behavior. He was on probation and was explicitly prohibited from having a gun and had one anyway, which was found out because of a domestic violence accusation. 

It boggles my mind that people can't just stand back and see that a guy that was kicked out of the combine for threatening medical staff because he couldn't skip ahead of everyone else in the line, and then subsequently has had multiple arrests in a very short time frame, definitely has been having some issues. That doesn't mean that he's Hitler. He's probably not as bad a guy as Big Ben, who by all accounts, is probably a rapist. But, based on his behavior at the combine, Foster sounds like an ***hole. Saban basically said as much, while also saying that Foster is a good teammate and a good player. Foster also has a pattern of repeatedly getting in trouble after the combine incident, despite knowing after his first legal issues that he was on a short leash and being watched carefully. The best case scenario is that he  has extremely bad judgement and is resistant to taking the steps that other people lay out for him to prevent him from getting in trouble.

Foster didn't have to consider whether he should have a gun. He was told, "you are on probation. You can't have a gun." He didn't have to consider whether it was a good idea to be around the woman that accused him the first time. The team told him that if he wanted to remain a 49'er, that he couldn't be around her. He has bad judgement and doesn't take advice. That's a bad combination. 

Even if he is the best guy in the world, I do care if he can stay out of trouble, because he's a good football player and I want him on the team. I'm not looking for choir boys. I would like players that aren't going to get themselves suspended. I could care less if Trent Williams smokes weed. I don't think it's immoral. I just don't want him to get suspended because we need him. 

27 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think his point is the sum of its parts with Foster.  It's not just one thing, it's all the things combined.

I'd bet everything I own that many of the folks here hellbent on downplaying Foster's actions wouldn't be doing that if he was on the Cowboys roster.  He'd be a hoodlum jailbird and a bunch of hahaha going on.

Not the same thing...we clown on the Cowboys because they are the Redskins' historically most-hated rivals. We aren't dispassionate, objective sports observers, we are Redksins fans (short for 'fanatics'). Hating on the Cowboys is in our job description.

And for me anyway, I'm trying to give the facts behind the "He's had gun and drug charges" mantra that some use as the foundation behind hating the move or player, but "hoping" things work out moving forward. I would guess that half the people (everywhere, not just here at ES) who keep saying things like "He's been arrested twice for domestic violence"/"He's already had a drug charge and a weapons charge" know very little facts about any of that stuff...and probably feel they don't need to. We already had at least one person on this thread claim the altercation with the hospital worker showed evidence of his violence towards women, and there may not have been any women involved whatsoever.  Hell, I thought it was against a woman until that post above lol...

18 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Because it's the 5th thing on the list. It's a pattern of behavior. He was on probation and was explicitly prohibited from having a gun and had one anyway, which was found out because of a domestic violence accusation. 

It boggles my mind that people can't just stand back and see that a guy that was kicked out of the combine for threatening medical staff because he couldn't skip ahead of everyone else in the line, and then subsequently has had multiple arrests in a very short time frame, definitely has been having some issues. That doesn't mean that he's Hitler. He's probably not as bad a guy as Big Ben, who by all accounts, is probably a rapist. But, based on his behavior at the combine, Foster sounds like an ***hole. Saban basically said as much, while also saying that Foster is a good teammate and a good player. Foster also has a pattern of repeatedly getting in trouble after the combine incident, despite knowing after his first legal issues that he was on a short leash and being watched carefully. The best case scenario is that he  has extremely bad judgement and is resistant to taking the steps that other people lay out for him to prevent him from getting in trouble.

Foster didn't have to consider whether he should have a gun. He was told, "you are on probation. You can't have a gun." He didn't have to consider whether it was a good idea to be around the woman that accused him the first time. The team told him that if he wanted to remain a 49'er, that he couldn't be around her. He has bad judgement and doesn't take advice. That's a bad combination. 

Even if he is the best guy in the world, I do care if he can stay out of trouble, because he's a good football player and I want him on the team. I'm not looking for choir boys. I would like players that aren't going to get themselves suspended. I could care less if Trent Williams smokes weed. I don't think it's immoral. I just don't want him to get suspended because we need him. 

Thank you for saving me the trouble of responding to @Master Blaster.  This spells it out pretty well.  By so many accounts this is just a bad guy who has showed questionable decision making throughout the process.  If he signed with the Cowboys everyone here would be saying the same thing.  I hate rooting for bad guys but in a football sense alone this was a good move.  

It seems fairly illogical to be against this move at this point. We got him for nothing.

I wasnt a fan of drafting him in the first round, but to grab this talent at little compensation makes sense. If it doesn't work out, we lose nothing.

On 4/19/2019 at 1:03 PM, Anselmheifer said:

It boggles my mind that people can't just stand back and see that a guy that was kicked out of the combine for threatening medical staff because he couldn't skip ahead of everyone else in the line, and then subsequently has had multiple arrests in a very short time frame, definitely has been having some issues.

When the things you know about are troubling, the things you don’t are typically mortifying.

That said, welcome to DC young man.

On 4/19/2019 at 10:03 AM, Anselmheifer said:

Just for the record, what you wrote above is not true (in bold).

He wasn't on probation when the gun was found. He was put on probation as a result of the gun charge.

The gun charge wasn't a probation violation. The gun charge was that specific type of gun was illegal to own in California. Foster purchased it in another state he was living in at the time in which that type of gun was legal to own. That's why the judge lowered the charge from a felony to a misdemeanor and issued probation:

"49ers LB Reuben Foster pleads no contest to misdemeanor weapons possession. Foster sentenced to 2 years probation, 232 hours of community service, $235 total in fines. He is not allowed to have guns during course of probation."

As far as I could find, he's not broken that stipulation of his probation.

Foster had a misdemeanor ammunition charge, but it was dropped. Ironically, the law banning the type of ammo in his charge was recently struck down in California.

Again, this is one reason I started putting the details from these charges on the thread...there's no such thing as too much info.

Archived