Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things "AOC" Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez & the Squad.

88Comrade2000

@PartyPosse

You are correct.  How dare that witch raise $5M for Texas.... just a publicity stunt!  How dare she point out Texas' absurdly bad public policy... it's all about her, her, her.  Pointing out that GOP House members all voted against $1400 checks... she is just shameless!!  And defending the rights of people who are LGBTQ....she would help anyone just to the focus is on her.

Well she's got it... let's ignore who failed Texas, ignore her doing more for a red state that's ourside of her region than it's own Senator, ignore her actual policy points and focus on how much she just wants attention, by giving her more. In fact, if I were a cable news network, I could run a panel segment called, "AOC... is she eyeing your babies for a midnight snack" and have my 80% GOP panelists convinced that AOC is out for blood...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

37 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

In your scenario, what would Ted Cruz do? Abandon it like Snowflake and head to Cancun for a vacation while people freeze to death? Go to Orlando and suck up to a man who called his wife ugly?

Cruz is garbage but she seems to enjoy further isolating the two parties through finger pointing and insults, deserved or not. I have no problems with her actions as I think she’s a breath of fresh air in a politically stagnant country, but jeez does she love attention.

20 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

@PartyPosse

You are correct.  How dare that witch raise $5M for Texas.... just a publicity stunt!  How dare she point out Texas' absurdly bad public policy... it's all about her, her, her.  Pointing out that GOP House members all voted against $1400 checks... she is just shameless!!  And defending the rights of people who are LGBTQ....she would help anyone just to the focus is on her.

Well she's got it... let's ignore who failed Texas, ignore her doing more for a red state that's ourside of her region than it's own Senator, ignore her actual policy points and focus on how much she just wants attention, by giving her more. In fact, if I were a cable news network, I could run a panel segment called, "AOC... is she eyeing your babies for a midnight snack" and have my 80% GOP panelists convinced that AOC is out for blood...

She’s done a lot of good and I have no problems with her pointing out issues in other states and the leaders that failed them. But she absolutely loves the spotlight and that’s going to be her eventual downfall. 

3 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

AOC would literally eat a baby if she was convinced she could get some good publicity out of it.

Why are you convinced of that? Because she's hammering politicians on twitter who literally kept trying to associate her and her policies to the electrical catastrophe in Texas? Shouldn't there be a humongous chasm in between that and "literally eating babies"?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Cruz is garbage but she seems to enjoy further isolating the two parties through finger pointing and insults, deserved or not. I have no problems with her actions as I think she’s a breath of fresh air in a politically stagnant country, but jeez does she love attention.

there are a lot of people who say who shocking things and get almost no attention.  Most of her attacks are not attacks, but well reasoned arguments made to counter attacks on her.  And she backs that up with actions and deeds. 

every politician loves the spotlight.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

AOC would literally eat a baby if she was convinced she could get some good publicity out of it.

That's a pretty shallow and completely off base take. She has worked hard for the people in her district and others. In the meantime republicans are so threatened by her, they call out anything she does in some attempt to trash her. So even when she tries not to be in the public eye republicans, right wing sites and talking heads throw her there constantly. And you want to blame her? She can't control what they do. 

She raised $5M for a state that the majority of the people most likely hate her. She had no responsibility to do anything. She could literally do nothing - like TX Senator Ted Cruz, and no one would have batted an eye. Instead she worked to help others. $5M!!!  And so she called out Cruz's ignorance and lack of leadership, the same person who defended the insurrection where people were heard saying they wanted to kill AOC. That's looking for publicity? 

She has a platform given her by her natural ability to communicate and to use social media. And it's made even bigger by republicans feeling threatening which puts even the smallest of things in the public eye in an effort to slam her. She is good at using that ignorance and constant attacks to help others including people in other states. 

I am so glad she is in congress. One of the few who actually give a ****. And she shows it by doing things like raising $5M for a completely other state. Don't hate her for being good at her job and taking the constant attacks and using them to help get better messages out. It's not her fault she lives rent free in republicans twisted heads. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

25 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

every politician loves the spotlight.

I'd expand that to include every celebrity or media personality, we have a distinct (and growing) % of the population that is convinced they don't exist if they are not talked about constantly online.

So be it

IMO it is a question of what you do with it. Consider Lebron. Now personally I don't follow basketball, and if all he ever did was play I probably couldn't pick him out of a lineup. But he has been using his platform and the attention to speak out, and using his wealth to have an actual, tangible positive effect. THAT'S when I noticed him. 

AOC, whatever you think her, is using her spotlight to effect change. Raised $5mil for a lot of people that hate her in Tx, gave zero ****s about the little stuff. How many newbie House reps could muster $5mil in their whole term? She did good, I don't care about her motives, the results matter.

People that regurgitate FOX/OAN tripe about her are outing themselves for their lazy thinking, not demeaning her in the least.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Cruz was literally joking about the Cancun situation at CPAC the other day because like everything else when it comes to him his ultimate defense is "LOL liberal media, AMIRITE GUYS?" 

Not sure how people can see AOC raising money for TX and then making some statements about it and come away thinking "They're all the same!!!!!!!"

If AOC is treating her job as a politician as any other job, well there are two ways to get ahead, lie, cheat & steal or work hard and try to best represent the people and help when it is needed.   It seems like for the most part AOC is doing things the right way.  Is she young & green at times? Sure.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

she just needs to make sure everyone knows her opinion.

I know, right?  She would totally post on public message boards her opinion that someone would eat a baby to gain publicity about their opinions.

If nothing else, AOC is a wonderful projector screen.

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

If I may play devil’s advocate for a moment, babies are delicious.

My hamster had babies last month.  After a week she had eaten two of them.  ...hell...had a couple myself.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

AOC actually seems to give a carp about her job.  As in "most of America would kill to have a job like this."  Unlike 80% of the other legislators / representatives who just mail it in on behalf of "big XYZ" political donors.  Ted Cruz acts entitled about his position... so entitled he doesn't even think twice about his Cancun stunt.   We never even discussed the fact that probably 5% of families can just jet off on a whim to Mexico to escape a natural disaster. 

It pains me to say this but who exactly does the Cruz, Hawley, Rand Paul wing (or most GOP) represent in our country?  They appear bought and paid for by the worst anti-government, antii-regulation "political forces".  I feel like I live in some parody democracy and once I have seen how crazy, insecure, unsympsthetic, racist and dishonest one of our national parties is, I can't unsee it... and it hurts that on the whole the balance of America is 50/50 split.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

I know, right?  She would totally post on public message boards her opinion that someone would eat a baby to gain publicity about their opinions.

If nothing else, AOC is a wonderful projector screen.

My hamster had babies last month.  After a week she had eaten two of them.  ...hell...had a couple myself.

I’m not a public figure. I’m merely a nobody posting on a football board. I know a lot of people, big fans of hers who have also been turned off by her inability to turn the other cheek to petty social media squabbles and then how she made the whole capital storming about her. We get it, you were there and it was scary. I’m not even that old, 43, but I’m still old enough to not understand why politicians also have to be celebrities. The whole naming of “the squad” is ridiculous imo. I respect the things she does, raising money, hell even having her own twitch channel I can respect, but Jesus I can bet she spends at least an hour every day searching her name on Twitter in the hopes she can feud with someone. I’m fine with people having different opinions of her personality but rest assured (as if it even matters) I’m not the only one that’s become tired of her antics. I wish it didn’t cloud my opinion of her because, yeah, she’s doing some great things, and maybe it’s just because I’m out of touch with younger culture, but I can’t stand her.

10 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

AOC actually seems to give a carp about her job.  As in "most of America would kill to have a job like this."  Unlike 80% of the other legislators / representatives who just mail it in on behalf of "big XYZ" political donors.  Ted Cruz acts entitled about his position... so entitled he doesn't even think twice about his Cancun stunt.   We never even discussed the fact that probably 5% of families can just jet off on a whim to Mexico to escape a natural disaster. 

It pains me to say this but who exactly does the Cruz, Hawley, Rand Paul wing (or most GOP) represent in our country?  They appear bought and paid for by the worst anti-government, antii-regulation "political forces".  I feel like I live in some parody democracy and once I have seen how crazy, insecure, unsympsthetic, racist and dishonest one of our national parties is, I can't unsee it... and it hurts that on the whole the balance of America is 50/50 split.  

Hey its all about that white grievance man... Get with the program... They took our jobs, they're gonna make you a atheist, non believing, baby eating sinner and mix you in with "those" other people