Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things "AOC" Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez & the Squad.

88Comrade2000

15 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I think she is very smart. But, she is about as qualified to be president of the united states as president trump is.... 

Out of politics in 10 years or presidential nominee in ten years. It’s at least 50/50 odds.

A ten year Congresswoman wouldn’t be qualified to be president? 

11 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I think she is very smart. But, she is about as qualified to be president of the united states as president trump is.... 

Trumps not qualified to be anything other than a trust fund crybaby. His businesses were failures. AOC has a degree from Boston University in international relations and economics. It's still questionable whether or not Trump actually graduated from Wharton.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

A ten year Congresswoman wouldn’t be qualified to be president? 

Yes probably maybe, I thought she was able to run in 2024?  OTOH, Obama didn't have a lot of experience either and he was able to get the job done.

I already said my impression of her is that i think she is smart. I've only heard her talk a few times and the last time was when she was getting heat for the Amazon NYC thing, and after kinda sorta getting the impression she screwed up, her arguments against the deal were smart and convincing.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

It will be interesting to see her develop policy wise and intellectually. She has strength in her personality and I hope she is dedicated to digging deep on issues and being very fact based. You give AOC the policy chops of Elizabeth Warren and you got something special. 

• Like 4

The words that come out of Trump's mouth are under audit.

As far as AOC goes, she is young & fresh of new ideas.  She is still extremely green in a lot of ways, but she is also likely underestimated by the right.  She is left of "just left of center" so of course the right-wing media views her as someone who must be politically destroyed ASAP.  I think she has actually overtaken the numero uno spot from Nancy Pelosi of Fox New's ire.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

She needs to go on Fox News if she's gonna be that feisty since no other liberals want to.  That's one way to learn how to pick your battles.

She has numerous times been invited to discuss/debate/etc with right wing outlets but has turned them down.  The most famous one was telling Shapiro it was similar to cat-calling, which was odd.

at this point, she is a trap for the democrats/left.   

She is charismatic and quick-witted.... but completely green.  having her be "the face" of the democrats/left is really dangerous.... she is almost certain to blurt out partially-formed thoughts on some issues, and the unified right "media" thought-police will revel in being able to use clips from her as the THE strawman opponent when they build their bogus arguments and present it to their partially-awake/partially-afraid target audience.

• Like 3