Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things "AOC" Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez & the Squad.

88Comrade2000

4 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

@Jabbyrwock

Nah i actually agree with you. I think Andrew Yang is the one with the smartest plan right now. People (imho rightfully) have lost all faith in government institutions. UBI should replace as many social programs as possible. 

No more section 8, welfare, food stamps. No more federal grants that get filtered through bloated state beaurocracies. 

Just cash in hand and all those people that are lifelong government employees can get real jobs (of course things like the EPA, FDA, Military etc can stay) 

The right can't stomach the idea of UBI and the democrats don't want to lose all their "programs". Andrew Yang is ahead of his time. 

I think something like a progressive rate negative income tax with modifications for dependents and age would be a very intriguing possibility (Mind you...I'm not bug on Friedman...but the negative tax idea has merit).  Its basically a version of UBI that scales.  But I'm in agreement with you: I was a huge Yang fan. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Anyone read The Fair Tax Book back in the day?  Fabulous idea, and I think it's been revised but I'm too lazy to look. 

If it's what I'm thinking it is, the idea was basically a retail sales tax.  My biggest  problem with retail taxes is that it will tend to be regressive: lower income people spend a higher portion of their income in retail.  Now this is not a blanket statement that its a bad idea by any means...a version of it could certainly be a significant part of whatever long term solution we have for solvency in this country.  Just like a negative tax rate or flat UBI ain't perfect, but a version could work.  Frankly...all options need to be on the table and discussed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cruz is a ****ing 1st class dunce, but even he’s gotta be sentient enough to feel that burn, right?

I imagine that McConnell has to be sitting there face-palming that hideous sagging slab of flesh attached to the front of his skull every time one of these seditious boobs sets AOC up to knock another one out of the park on Twitter.

Unfortunately their voter base is too stupid to appreciate the artistry and beauty in the burns served every time some idiot like gaetz lobs one her way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MrSilverMaC said:

I imagine that McConnell has to be sitting there face-palming that hideous sagging slab of flesh attached to the front of his skull every time one of these seditious boobs sets AOC up to knock another one out of the park on Twitter.

I guess, maybe, but I'd suspect most people that are plugged in enough to follow AOC (or Ted Cruz) on twitter are fixed in their views enough that it doesn't sway much.

It's easy to forget that those of us that read these threads are WAY more engaged than the average voter. 99% of the voting populace probably has no idea this exchange even happened. A lot of this is just (entertaining) political theater.

Now, that being noted, this IS what makes her efforts of outreach on Twitch and other platforms so interesting... if she DID get otherwise disengaged people following her on Twitter because she's cool, then...

• Like 2

GOP congressman demands Ocasio-Cortez apologize following Twitter exchange with Cruz

Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) on Thursday demanded Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) apologize for comments she made slamming Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on Twitter earlier in the day. 

In a letter addressed to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), Roy said that it had "come to his attention" that the interaction between Cruz and Ocasio-Cortez had taken place. 

"It has come to my attention that Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sent out a tweet a few hours ago in which she accused Senator Ted Cruz, in essence, of attempted murder," Roy, who previously served as Cruz’s chief of staff, wrote. 

"As a member of this body who disagreed with 'objections' to the electors and who has expressed publicly my concerns about the events leading to January 6th, it is completely unacceptable behavior for a Member of Congress to make this kind of scurrilous charge against another member in the House or Senate for simply engaging in speech and debate regarding electors as they interpreted the Constitution," he continued. 

"I ask you to call on her to immediately apologize and retract her comments." 

Cruz and Sen. Josh Hawley (Mo.) were among several Republicans in the Senate who led an effort to object to the 2020 election results when Congress convened to certify President Biden's win. Critics of the lawmakers' actions argue that their effort was one of the factors that led to the Capitol riot that ensued the same day. 

Click on the link for the full story

On 1/26/2021 at 8:42 PM, NoCalMike said:

I have a hard time believing Cruz is dumb enough to believe the "Cares more about what the citizens of Paris think" line, but the fact that he actually tweeted it out into the world convinces me he thinks his supporters are indeed that dumb.

No, I agree that he’s  throwing that chum out to his voter base which he obviously had a low opinion of. But there are too many soundbites of the dumb **** he says for me to think he’s not dumb enough to believe a large portion of the ignorance that spews out of his mouth

On 1/26/2021 at 9:57 PM, tshile said:

Usually dumb people aren’t the ones that take advantage of dumb people. 

If by usually you mean most of the time, you may be right. If instead you mean commonly, I would definitely have to disagree. Dumb people take advantage of dumb people all the time. I see multiple instances of it at work every day.

All you need to take advantage of people is sufficient charm and the will to do so. Intelligence helps, and can turn a simple con man into something more dangerous, but isn’t required.

On 1/27/2021 at 8:28 AM, techboy said:

I guess, maybe, but I'd suspect most people that are plugged in enough to follow AOC (or Ted Cruz) on twitter are fixed in their views enough that it doesn't sway much.

It's easy to forget that those of us that read these threads are WAY more engaged than the average voter. 99% of the voting populace probably has no idea this exchange even happened. A lot of this is just (entertaining) political theater.

Now, that being noted, this IS what makes her efforts of outreach on Twitch and other platforms so interesting... if she DID get otherwise disengaged people following her on Twitter because she's cool, then...

I agree with the point you are making in your post but it isn’t one I was trying to address.

The part of my post you quoted was simply guessing that that McConnell, who is very intelligent, has to groan/facepalm at these just out of principle. McConnell has a master plan that guys like Cruz make harder by putting themselves in the spotlight looking like idiots. Sure it whips their less intelligent voters into a frenzy, but it also fires up their opposition.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

AOC would literally eat a baby if she was convinced she could get some good publicity out of it.

In your scenario, what would Ted Cruz do? Abandon it like Snowflake and head to Cancun for a vacation while people freeze to death? Go to Orlando and suck up to a man who called his wife ugly?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2