Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things "AOC" Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez & the Squad.

• 2 weeks later...

AOC was recently attacked because she correctly commented about the rising cost of colleges and how difficult it is to work your way through it.  

How is that a winning side of the argument for the GOP?  

A counterpoint would be Federal loan guarantees and reform, but is anyone talking about scaling that back?  

I suppose folks could compromise with reducing Federal loans amounts and some debt repayment (in some fair manner).

18 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Do you believe these dudes always tip 50% or more? I don't.

No.  I’m a former bartender who does pretty well these days and I’m a 30-35% guy.

That said, I’ve been dropping 25% on takeout during the COVID and I prolly will tee up some big tips post-vaccine...especially at my favorite haunts.

• Like 5

I always tip 20-25%. Only 2x in my life did I not tip because the service was egregiously poor. 

50%?! I’d get right back into the service industry tomorrow 😂

I remember working in a trendy cafe... staffed by a whole bunch of smoke show waitresses and me (the only male). Watching them count their tips at the end of the day while I was averaging 10-15%.... because patrons were disappointed not having a pretty waitress... was not unexpected but demoralizing 😂

Edited by Die Hard

Omar says her father died of coronavirus because of Trump's 'criminal neglect'

Rep. Ilhan Omar, said Friday that her father died of Covid-19 in June because of "criminal neglect" by the Trump administration. 

"My father and over 300,000 people have lost their lives because of dangerous criminal neglect by Trump and his administration," she told MSNBC. "I agree with Clyburn that it is not enough for us just to issue subpoenas, we have to investigate and prosecute these people who are responsible for these reckless deaths."

The House coronavirus subcommittee opened a probe into alleged political interference by the Trump administration. Then-Health and Human Services scientific advisor Paul Alexander and longtime Trump ally Michael Caputo were accused of meddling with the work of career scientists. 

On Wednesday, House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, D-S.C. released a memo purporting to have found evidence of "political interference" by Trump administration officials to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)’s pandemic response.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Ocasio-Cortez slams Graham after he calls for the nation to 'move on' without impeachment

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) tore into Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Twitter on Friday after he tweeted his disapproval of any motion to impeach President Trump following the rioting at the Capitol this week.

"As President @realDonaldTrump stated last night, it is time to heal and move on," Graham tweeted Friday, referring to the president's video remarks condemning violence from his supporters at the Capitol Wednesday.

"If Speaker Pelosi pushes [impeachment] in the last days of the Trump presidency it will do more harm than good. I’m hopeful President-elect Biden sees the damage that would be done from such action."

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) recently suggested House lawmakers would move to impeach the president if Vice President Pence and other Cabinet officials declined to invoke 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

AOC is 100% right.

Of course Lindsey wants to move on and talk about unity. He's a ****ing Confederate traitor. He wants this all swept under the rug just like the Civil War so they can all go back to business as usual. Trump gonna pardon every traitor same as Andrew Johnson?

Edited by clietas
  • Thanks 1
On 12/6/2020 at 3:23 PM, Fergasun said:

I suppose folks could compromise with reducing Federal loans amounts and some debt repayment (in some fair manner).

What about my wife's student loans she paid off do we get thay money back or only if we had decided to default on them and not live meagerly just to pay them off? 

5 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

What about my wife's student loans she paid off do we get thay money back or only if we had decided to default on them and not live meagerly just to pay them off? 

Please don't take what I'm about to write as flippant or dismissive: your observation is to the point and you are more than justified in feeling slighted if anything like this comes to pass in that you did everything correct, paid off the loans, and now people that did not are seemingly getting a free ride.  Hell...I myself paid off my 50k in loans...uncomfortable as hell number of years but I did it.  And the scrimping and saving during those years taught me to be a better person, which is why I am as well off and responsible as I am now.

Having said that: this country is economically in dire straights and bending to the point of breaking (if it hasn't already broken).  Years of extremely stupid regulational and fiscal policy has gotten us into this mess.  To fix it, in many situations we may have to discard the idea of "what is fair" for "what will work" and some people are just gonna have to eat being treated unfairly for the sake of saving our country.  Not saying this is necessarily one of those times...but frankly I don't see a way out of where we are in the future without some of us taking it in the teeth.

• Like 1

@Jabbyrwock

Nah i actually agree with you. I think Andrew Yang is the one with the smartest plan right now. People (imho rightfully) have lost all faith in government institutions. UBI should replace as many social programs as possible. 

No more section 8, welfare, food stamps. No more federal grants that get filtered through bloated state beaurocracies. 

Just cash in hand and all those people that are lifelong government employees can get real jobs (of course things like the EPA, FDA, Military etc can stay) 

The right can't stomach the idea of UBI and the democrats don't want to lose all their "programs". Andrew Yang is ahead of his time. 

• Like 1

Why just  student loan forgiveness?  How about giving everybody, say, 50,000 and letting them use it however they want?   Forgiving loans will piss some people off. 

I had my loans too. I paid them off. I worked hard.

Now, if you give everybody, say, 50k, then some will use it for paying off their tuition if that is their biggest need.  Others who paid already paid it off can use it for something else.  

50k is just a hypothetical btw.  Could be 100k or 10k.

7 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Why just  student loan forgiveness?  How about giving everybody, say, 50,000 and letting them use it however they want?   Forgiving loans will piss some people off. 

I had my loans too. I paid them off. I worked hard.

Now, if you give everybody, say, 50k, then some will use it for paying off their tuition if that is their biggest need.  Others who paid already paid it off can use it for something else.  

50k is just a hypothetical btw.  Could be 100k or 10k.

The problem with that is that at a certain point you're just printing money however if you replace wasteful government programs with universal basic income you actually can come out ahead