Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things "AOC" Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez & the Squad.

11 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I’m not a public figure. I’m merely a nobody posting on a football board. I know a lot of people, big fans of hers who have also been turned off by her inability to turn the other cheek to petty social media squabbles and then how she made the whole capital storming about her. We get it, you were there and it was scary. I’m not even that old, 43, but I’m still old enough to not understand why politicians also have to be celebrities. The whole naming of “the squad” is ridiculous imo. I respect the things she does, raising money, hell even having her own twitch channel I can respect, but Jesus I can bet she spends at least an hour every day searching her name on Twitter in the hopes she can feud with someone. I’m fine with people having different opinions of her personality but rest assured (as if it even matters) I’m not the only one that’s become tired of her antics. I wish it didn’t cloud my opinion of her because, yeah, she’s doing some great things, and maybe it’s just because I’m out of touch with younger culture, but I can’t stand her.

So she should shut up and dribble?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bearrock said:

So she should shut up and dribble?

For the record, "Shut Up and Dribble" is the name of either a great basketball movie or an interesting documentary on frontal lobotomies. 

• Haha 3
13 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

That is an insanely dumb and irrelevant comparison that’s not even worth going into.

Out of curiosity, more or less than the claim that AOC would literally eat babies for good publicity?

• Haha 5
Just now, bearrock said:

Out of curiosity, more or less than the claim that AOC would literally eat babies for good publicity?

Why is there even a comparison there? I, a regular no one, made a comment of my opinion of someone on a message board and you’re comparing that to a celebrity athlete being told to shut up and do his job because he was outspoken about racial discrepancy in this country.

Yea I agree that the problem with AOC is that I obsess over her every twitter post and Twitch stream. If only I could do something else. But I cant. So I dont like her despite all the good she does. 

• Haha 4
46 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

... but I’m still old enough to not understand why politicians also have to be celebrities.

I respect the things she does, raising money,

You just answered your own question.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Why is there even a comparison there? I, a regular no one, made a comment of my opinion of someone on a message board and you’re comparing that to a celebrity athlete being told to shut up and do his job because he was outspoken about racial discrepancy in this country.

The comparison is AOC to LeBron.  You think AOC speaking out against people and things she disagrees with is a schtick for good publicity and somehow diverges from your view of proper decorum and role of a Congresswoman (you don't think people said similar things about any professional athlete speaking out on issues?).  If anything, AOC has much more of a responsibility to speak out and point out things she thinks needs to change and take positions on public issues compared to LeBron (who should speak out freely on any issue he damn well pleases too).  

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Mooka said:

You just answered your own question.

Let’s not act like every time she’s fighting with someone on social media she’s doing it solely to be a good role model. She loves the limelight. For good and for bad. Pelosi is like that as well, same with Rubio, Crenshaw, Cruz etc. it’s the new breed of politicians who cater to an audience that has no interest in bipartisanship. All it does it further divide the two sides.

6 minutes ago, bearrock said:

The comparison is AOC to LeBron.  You think AOC speaking out against people and things she disagrees with is a schtick for good publicity and somehow diverges from your view of proper decorum and role of a Congresswoman (you don't think people said similar things about any professional athlete speaking out on issues?).  If anything, AOC has much more of a responsibility to speak out and point out things she thinks needs to change and take positions on public issues compared to LeBron (who should speak out freely on any issue he damn well pleases too).  

That’s not at all what I said but that’s not surprising you read it that way.

12 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yea I agree that the problem with AOC is that I obsess over her every twitter post and Twitch stream. If only I could do something else. But I cant. So I dont like her despite all the good she does. 

A tad hyperbolic but I can see I can’t state my opinion without a mob attack so I won’t bother commenting anymore in this.

Go squad!

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Let’s not act like every time she’s fighting with someone on social media she’s doing it solely to be a good role model. She loves the limelight. For good and for bad. Pelosi is like that as well, same with Rubio, Crenshaw, Cruz etc. it’s the new breed of politicians who cater to an audience that has no interest in bipartisanship. All it does it further divide the two sides.

When you are on an island, maybe it's you and not everyone else. 

• Like 1

A tad hyperbolic but I can see I can’t state my opinion without a mob attack so I won’t bother commenting anymore in this.

Go squad!

Bro im agreeing with you. I hate the way she throws around the name "Squad" and the way im forced to read her twitter. I have a real Twitch problem. No joke! And I hate her for it. Its her fault that I have to be so immersed in this stuff. 

Seriously though, you should take yourself and AOC's twitter much less seriously. You will be happier. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

When you are on an island, maybe it's you and not everyone else. 

Obviously in an AOC Fangirl thread I am. Doesn’t mean I’m alone in that mindset though.

Go squad!

I've bashed AOC for some of her takes, but here are a couple of issues with your stance:

1. AOC actually proposes policies and works her ass off in Congress. She comes ready. 

2. You are mistaking politicians for being a new breed when it's really the technology that has changed. If twitter and 5000 channels were available 100 years ago, we'd know all about random Congressmen from back in the day cause they would've used the tech to increase their name ID. 

• Like 1

Obviously in an AOC Fangirl thread I am. Doesn’t mean I’m alone in that mindset though.

I mean Donald Trump isnt the only person who thinks hes the best President ever is he? Lmao. Im laughing at you now 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Bro im agreeing with you. I hate the way she throws around the name "Squad" and the way im forced to read her twitter. I have a real Twitch problem. No joke! And I hate her for it. Its her fault that I have to be so immersed in this stuff. 

Seriously though, you should take yourself and AOC's twitter much less seriously. You will be happier. 

Patronizing may be your strong suit but reading comprehension isn’t. I applauded the things she did including twitch as a way to bring in younger people into the political spectrum.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

That's the thing, you aren't in a fangirl thread. People don't come in here and fawn all over her. The GOP chose to make her the face of the left and that's why this came to be. People here don't hold back to criticize her. You just happened to have a terrible take at a terrible time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I've bashed AOC for some of her takes, but here are a couple of issues with your stance:

1. AOC actually proposes policies and works her ass off in Congress. She comes ready. 

2. You are mistaking politicians for being a new breed when it's really the technology that has changed. If twitter and 5000 channels were available 100 years ago, we'd know all about random Congressmen from back in the day cause they would've used the tech to increase their name ID. 

1. I have stated I appreciate the work she’s done. I assume most people here don’t scroll back beyond a few posts.

2. Sure, and it would have been annoying then.

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I mean Donald Trump isnt the only person who thinks hes the best President ever is he? Lmao. Im laughing at you now 

You’re a lazy debater. 

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

1. I have stated I appreciate the work she’s done. I assume most people here don’t scroll back beyond a few posts.

2. Sure, and it would have been annoying then.

To summarize:

She's no different from any other politician. 

She does a lot of good. 

You just don't like something about her. 

Your complaint was ill-timed. 

Are we ready to move on?

6 minutes ago, Hersh said:

That's the thing, you aren't in a fangirl thread. People don't come in here and fawn all over her. The GOP chose to make her the face of the left and that's why this came to be. People here don't hold back to criticize her. You just happened to have a terrible take at a terrible time. 

There’s never a good time for unpopular opinion but just because you don’t necessarily agree with it doesn’t mean there’s not a crumb of truth. If you’re unable to recognize the validity of other opinions then so be it.

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

To summarize:

She's no different from any other politician. 

She does a lot of good. 

You just don't like something about her. 

Your complaint was ill-timed. 

Are we ready to move on?

Also, she’s super-hot and “COVIDthirst” s a real and terrible thing.

• Haha 5
6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

If you want to criticize AOC by saying that she's not interested in bipartisanship, that's entirely different from saying that she would eat a baby for good publicity (setting aside whether bipartisanship is possible right now)

So then what did you mean?  Do you think AOC speaks out on issues even though she doesn't believe in her positions?  Do you have a problem with her speaking out and taking positions?  Is it the manner in which she does it?  Or is it that you don't believe her public positions are sincere?  If you could be certain that she believes in the positions she takes in public, would you still have a problem with her social media activities?  If so, why?

If I missed your point, then feel free to explain.