Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Passion of The Jussie (FKA The Smollett Fiasco)

Spaceman Spiff

43 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I admit, I've never seen Empire and I had not heard of Smollet or the "crime" until the story broke that he had faked it.  But God damn, he must be the best actor on television to inspire such fandom and defensiveness because you basically have to be an amoral sociopath to stage a hate crime in order to leverage more money from your TV Show.  It's the kind of thing Dennis would have done on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

This was a pretty fine performance. Emmy-worthy, in fact...

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

So forfeiture of bond and community service can make felony charges magically disappear?

Just my opinion, but I'm not really sure that staging a Hollywood publicity stunt really ought to be felony charges. 

Even though Dirty Harry has taught me that legally, conspiracy to commit a misdemeanor is a felony. 

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

Just my opinion, but I'm not really sure that staging a Hollywood publicity stunt really ought to be felony charges. 

Even though Dirty Harry has taught me that legally, conspiracy to commit a misdemeanor is a felony. 

I think conspiring to fake a hate crime should be described as a Hollywood publicity stunt. 

5 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Expensive lawyers make **** go away. 

**** this guy for putting out a BS statement about being the victim though. 

just realized his attorney is mark geragos. you need something done, he's your guy apparently. although seems like he has his hands full with the while avanatti/nike extortion case. we'll see if he got himself caught up. eh, even if he did, its nothing that a few bucks can't make go away. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

So did he stage the hate crime or not?

Also, I'm still not totally clear what laws staging a hate crime breaks.  It's morally reprehensible to cry wolf about it no doubt, but criminal?

Making false official statements to the police I believe is illegal.

Edited by nonniey