Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Passion of The Jussie (FKA The Smollett Fiasco)


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Anyone hoping this "non-story" just goes away now....don't hold your breath lol...jeebus.

 

 

 

 

Is that Morgan Moses in the front? 

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

This is a “story” in the way that a handful of gummy worms is a “meal”.

 

Exercise some self-care, y’all.

 

I'm looking to you to tell me how I should react to every "story" from here on out.  I need to re-calibrate what's important.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

 

 

 

I'm looking to you to tell me how I should react to every "story" from here on out.  I need to re-calibrate what's important.

 

You already know.  I’m your conscience...and that’s why you’re pushing back so hard.  I know you love Gummy Worms, too...but you really need to stop eating that stuff, Spiff.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, FunkedUp said:

 

Fatal police shootings 

                                                       Year

Victim ethnicity           2017                        2018

Black                             223                         229

White                            459                         456

 

This is from the Washington Post (slightly different counts than the original because I couldn't remember that source). If those white death counts are not roughly twice than those of blacks in your perspective, you must have a more precise numeracy standard than I?  I am not commenting on the relative rates just the pure scale of the problem as measured in total number of deaths. IMHO, this is major issue because of the relative scale of people's internal feelings about the issue, not the reality of the actual physical scale of the problem.  I wish sheer scale of human suffering rather than fashion shaped our social justice priorities. Then perhaps we could address more significant problems like the roughly 1.5 million people currently incarcerated in the US with prison sentences of more than year. If interested check out the Pew Research Center report, sobering but at least it suggests there could be a positive trend. This prison industrial complex is a true enemy that inflicts massive suffering on our communities. Or if you look outside the states, 100,000+ Uyghurs currently in re-education camp and the Chinese surveillance is kind of growing large scale evil  crap that worries me. 

 

Talking about understanding that the U.S. total population is made up of roughly 73% white and only 14% black.  Of course there are more white people shot by cops, because there are approximately 6 times more white people in the U.S. than black people.  

 

Now look at the chances/odds of a black person being shot by the cops versus a white person being shot by the cops.  It's an extremely greater chance of being shot by cops if one is black versus if one is white, statistically speaking.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t paritcularly care other than to laugh.  

 

I hope he goes to jail. Because black dude goes to jail for paying two other black dudes to attack him in the name of social justice and outing white racism is hilarious. 

 

I disagree Beal. Stuffs too serious and depressing these days. Need more silliness like this in the news. Take people down a peg. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

 

Talking about understanding that the U.S. total population is made up of roughly 73% white and only 14% black.  Of course there are more white people shot by cops, because there are approximately 6 times more white people in the U.S. than black people.  

 

Now look at the chances/odds of a black person being shot by the cops versus a white person being shot by the cops.  It's an extremely greater chance of being shot by cops if one is black versus if one is white, statistically speaking.  

And a man is 20 times more likely than woman to be killed by a police officer; while men are only half the population. Oh Lord, shall we go join a Men's Right Advocacy group?  A sure way to lose perspective is to continuously  compare the odds ratio of events that occur with minuscule probabilities.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, tshile said:

I don’t paritcularly care other than to laugh.  

 

I hope he goes to jail. Because black dude goes to jail for paying two other black dudes to attack him in the name of social justice and outing white racism is hilarious. 

 

I disagree Beal. Stuffs too serious and depressing these days. Need more silliness like this in the news. Take people down a peg. 

 

I wouldn't say using race to try and....do whatever the **** he was trying to do is silliness.  As it's been pointed out before, this hurts people of legit hate crimes and that's something not to joke about.

 

That said, there's an element of weirdness to all of this that adds to the spectacle.  Like the more details that come out, the weirder it gets.  It's not on the Tonya/Nancy level (Beal, quick! Was is ok to get enamored with that?) but that was something that came to mind as just absolutely bizarre.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

 

I wouldn't say using race to try and....do whatever the **** he was trying to do is silliness.  As it's been pointed out before, this hurts people of legit hate crimes and that's something not to joke about.

 

That said, there's an element of weirdness to all of this that adds to the spectacle.  Like the more details that come out, the weirder it gets.  It's not on the Tonya/Nancy level (Beal, quick! Was is ok to get enamored with that?) but that was something that came to mind as just absolutely bizarre.  

 

Tanya had a nice saddle back in the day.

 

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

It is what we let it be

 

Imma let it be Gummy Sharks.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FunkedUp said:

And a man is 20 times more likely than woman to be killed by a police officer; while men are only half the population. Oh Lord, shall we go join a Men's Right Advocacy group?  A sure way to lose perspective is to continuously  compare the odds ratio of events that occur with minuscule probabilities.  

 

Seriously, WTF is wrong with you?  It's simple math.  Black people are by far more likely to get shot by police than white people.  It's not a really hard concept to understand.  But anyway, feel free to respond if you feel the need to.  But I won't anymore because it's off-topic and derailing the thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

 

Seriously, WTF is wrong with you?  It's simple math.  Black people are by far more likely to get shot by police than white people.  It's not a really hard concept to understand.  But anyway, feel free to respond if you feel the need to.  But I won't anymore because it's off-topic and derailing the thread.

 

This is a topic that should be discussed (or at least attempted) in another thread because a large portion of the country believes as you do that the these numbers indicate something they don't, necessarily, and that is not good. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, grego said:

 

This is a topic that should be discussed (or at least attempted) in another thread because a large portion of the country believes as you do that the these numbers indicate something they don't, necessarily, and that is not good. 

 

There is a topic. And we have more than just math in our favor. There is tons of evidence that police are actually targeting minorities with deadly force in a way that Whites just dont see. We both know this. We can argue the numbers, though math is math, we can argue them if you want. We cannot argue these officers own statements on their intent and actions. We have video, mathematical, documented legal proof.  We even have history. If you wanna argue it fine. But you know what that makes you look like. 

 

There is a thread for this. I would suggest we bring it up there. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, grego said:

 

Exactly. Which is why nobody wants to talk about it. And that only guarantees that things continue as they have. 

 

Well, you have to wonder why someone denies the (again) video, mathematical, documented legal and historical proof that there is a bias. You can make data say what you want. But you have to wonder ones motivations to do so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Destino said:

Did he really write a check?  hahaha  I don't know what he's going to do now that his acting career is likely over, but he should definitely cross crime off the list. 

 

 

That has been reported. I can't confirm that yet though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw that he's still denying it, even though the evidence against him is mounting.

 

He's gonna have a rough, rough time in jail.

 

18 minutes ago, Llevron said:

How much yall wanna bet some dummie is going to give this fool another chance and he will do something just as dumb if not more so in a few years. These idiots never go away forever.

 

I dunno, I don't think anyone could trust him.  How could you?  

 

The only way someone would give him another chance is if the person/company giving him another chance is THAT desperate to get 5 minutes of fame, too.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...