Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Passion of The Jussie (FKA The Smollett Fiasco)

Spaceman Spiff

2 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Get them out of trouble for what? Jussie said it was a couple of white guys saying racist things that attacked him. So it couldnt be these guys, unless he was lying to police/making a false report........

Again, nothing wrong with buying those supplies, why would they need to make up a story to protect themselves.... Hmm

Those two guys have no need to make up any story about Jussie if hes telling the truth, the only way it matters is if he lied to police and made a false report about what actually happened.

In addition, the DA never said he wasnt guilty or didnt do it. They just said they decided to drop the charges as he spent time doing community service and let them keep 10k. Why would he let them keep 10k if he was innocent and didnt do anything? And why seal the records unless there is something he or the DA didnt want the public to find out about?

Let's make sure the facts are straight though.  Your details are all over the place.

He never said it was two white guys.  People assume two guys shouting "MAGA country" would have to be white, but Jussie said they were just two masked men.  Somebody can double check, but I would bet the police report doesnt indicate a race.

They would need to make up a story because they were being questioned as suspects. The police didnt assume they were white. The brothers knew they were caught buying the supplies and they knew they were involved.  The only way they werent going to jail was to serve up somebody else as the mastermind.

Records get sealed for all kinds of reasons.  You can't assume that automatically means they're hiding something.  If a case ends in an acquittal or dismissal, the defendant can request they be sealed.  At least in Illinois, that's how it works.  

If letting them keep the $10k would end this nightmare for you, you wouldnt do it?  You're making that argument that says the only reason people settle cases is if they're guilty.  Sometimes it's just the easiest road out.  

Lastly, DA's rarely say somebody wasnt guilty or didnt do it.  That's not really their job when charges are dismissed.  They didnt go into a bunch of details, but that doesnt mean it's wise to start filling in the blanks.

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

Lastly, DA's rarely say somebody wasnt guilty or didnt do it.  That's not really their job when charges are dismissed.  They didnt go into a bunch of details, but that doesnt mean it's wise to start filling in the blanks.

Did the DA say he wasn't guilty or didn't do it? 

The Cook County State's Attorney's Office didn't immediately explain why the 16 counts of felony disorderly conduct were dropped, except to say the decision came after reviewing the case's facts -- and in view of Smollett's willingness to forfeit his $10,000 bond.

"After reviewing all of the facts and circumstances of the case, including Mr. Smollett's volunteer service in the community and agreement to forfeit his bond to the City of Chicago, we believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case," the state's attorney's office said in a statement.

First Assistant State's Attorney Joseph Magats, the lead prosecutor, said he understood that people would question dropping the charges but that thousands of cases have similar resolutions.

Magats said the charges would not have been dropped without the bond forfeiture and the community service factor. He added that Smollett had no prior felonies and wasn't a danger to the community. When asked whether he considered Smollett to be innocent, the prosecutor told CNN affiliate WLS: "No."

"He was prosecuted. It may not have been the disposition that everybody thought would occur," Magats told WLS. "He did do community service. He did forfeit $10,000. It's a fair and just disposition in the case."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/26/us/jussie-smollett-charges-dropped-unanswered-questions/index.html

18 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Expensive lawyers make **** go away. 

**** this guy for putting out a BS statement about being the victim though. 

especially politically connected ones

5 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

real talk, eff Rahm Emmanual and the Chicago PD.

Smollet is a scumbag and will get his, but Emmanual is talking more about this than the unarmed black men who are shot and killed in Chicago by police.

The energy aint the same at all for the systematic mistreatment of minorities by that police force. Its not surprising, but damn if it doesnt hurt

I'm tired

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

The energy aint the same at all for the systematic mistreatment of minorities by that police force. Its not surprising, but damn if it doesnt hurt

I'm tired

its exhausting.

Real talk, i dont pay too close attention to police killing unarmed black people anymore because they never get their just sentence. Its tiring.

But for those two to stand up on some soapbox and claiming this is an injustice. Its just disgusting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2019 at 6:44 PM, justice98 said:

Let's make sure the facts are straight though.  Your details are all over the place.

He never said it was two white guys.  People assume two guys shouting "MAGA country" would have to be white, but Jussie said they were just two masked men.  Somebody can double check, but I would bet the police report doesnt indicate a race.

They would need to make up a story because they were being questioned as suspects. The police didnt assume they were white. The brothers knew they were caught buying the supplies and they knew they were involved.  The only way they wer

You are a defense attorney’s dream jury member.  Were you on the jury that acquitted R. Kelly after watching video of him peeing on that 15 year old girl?

~~~

As for the FBI, federal charges might be coming in relation to the fake hate letter he sent to himself. When you use the U.S. mail, it becomes a Federal case.

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion: Don't care about this guy, Chicago, etc. When half of our country is batcrazy as far as national policy and direction. When we have a pathological liar as a President -- a guy with mental health issues (potentially) is one of the lowest outrages on my radar.

From what I knowI don't know -- the Nigerian brothers could be scamming him? The star witnesses could have just crumbled... and that is why the prosecution fell apart.

Pretty sure if this guys name was Ham Sandwich, no one would care.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

its exhausting.

Real talk, i dont pay too close attention to police killing unarmed black people anymore because they never get their just sentence. Its tiring.

But for those two to stand up on some soapbox and claiming this is an injustice. Its just disgusting.

I think it's headed in the right direction. Van dyke is in jail for killing Laquan Mcdonald, where he should be. 

Chicagos a mess but there's an attempt to improve things. Body cams have been pushed for awhile now. Van dyke would absolutely be free without video. 

"In July 2018, Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel and Illinois attorney general Lisa Madigan announced a proposed court settlement that was the first draft of a consent decree that would eventually serve as a court-enforced mandate governing reforms of the Chicago Police Department.[146"

7 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

they are investigating why the charges were dropped. Not why the particulars of the case, from what I understand.

It's both. They're looking into the fake letter, and they're looking into why the charges were dropped on the fake assault.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Therr must be a lot of anger from people about jussie smollett that i’m not seeing... what’s all the rage about? There are a lot of entertainers that do real harm, why is meat bag number three singling out smollet..

In a time where we have a racist president and racial tensions are at an all time high, you don't see why people would have a problem with someone staging a fake racist hate crime?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Therr must be a lot of anger from people about jussie smollett that i’m not seeing... what’s all the rage about? There are a lot of entertainers that do real harm, why is meat bag number three singling out smollet..

Its low hanging fruit