Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ProFootballTalk : Zach Brown On This Organization

desertbeagle85

1 minute ago, dballer said:

Problem is cutting Brown saves you 6 million, cutting Foster only saves you 2 million. ill take the dough, and hope R Foster and SDH are the starting duo at some point next year. 

I hear you, I think I'd rather have 3 starting caliber LBs instead of 2.  R.Foster, Brown, and SDH.  The reason they were able to go to SDH was because he was there.  I wouldnt necessarily trust Harvey Clemons or Vigil to step in for any sustained period. I dont want to create depth holes if it's not necessary.  With our injury mojo, somebody's going down with a bum shoulder or some such thing.

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Zach Brown on these reporters who wrote this story:

Zach BrownVerified account @ZachBrown_55

Smh 🤦🏿‍♂️ ****ing reporters... wait till I see ur ass...

What’s odd is nothing they said he said was really all that bad, outside of the team not wanting to hold players accountable.  He said “the writing is on the wall” in front of cameras so there’s no hiding how he felt.  

What we see a lot in all walks of life, people get very candid and honest, when they are frustrated and upset.  A few weeks go by, they cool off about whatever was pissing them off.  It sucks to to be reminded of the negative things you said or did when you were in a bad spot.

By the way, I'm surprised (actually, I'm not too surprised) that so little is mentioned of how incredibly asinine Brown's comments are, and are in reality insulting to his current teammates:

"Should he have said it the way he did? Nah. Was he wearing people out with the way he was going about it? Hell yeah! But it’s true. I see why our organization is disrespected. They get rid of the people that actually care, and are trying to create a winning culture.”

Why asinine? Brown himself gives two VERY good reasons for cutting ties with Swearinger, yet ignores those reasons in favor of a conspiracy of sorts to 'splain why DJ was cut.

How did he insult his current teammates? Whether he meant to or not, Brown is saying those players the coaches still want on the squad do not "actually care" and are NOT "trying to create a winning culture." He also sets himself up as the barometer of who actually cares and what constitutes trying to create a winning culture. Because I don't know about youse guys, but ranting like a 14-year-old to the media has NEVER contributed to the forming of a winning culture in any locker room of any franchise, ever. nor has any player ever gone to a teammate and said "Thanks, man, for deriding and criticizing my performance and dedication to reporters. That opened my eyes and I'm now playing better because of it. I owe you."

Everyone loves talking about the "Patriot way"...you think Belichick would have stood for any of his players doing what DJ did in the press while he was in the early stages of building the team's winning culture?

20 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I hear you, I think I'd rather have 3 starting caliber LBs instead of 2.  R.Foster, Brown, and SDH.  The reason they were able to go to SDH was because he was there.  I wouldnt necessarily trust Harvey Clemons or Vigil to step in for any sustained period. I dont want to create depth holes if it's not necessary.  With our injury mojo, somebody's going down with a bum shoulder or some such thing.

Yeh, i am with you. I just don't know if ZB is 4mil better than M Foster. He may be...but with the benching at the end of the year, and this, it just isn't in the cards. That 6 million cap savings can get you a quality back up ILB with money left over. Probably still hit that position mid/late round in the draft. 

Fred Smoot or maybe it was Cooley...I don't know; one of those former players who still works closely with the team mentioned that DJ Swearinger's only ally in the locker room was Zach Brown. 

Brown will be 30 this year and his play has dropped off significantly. Move on. 

He whines about the culture, yet he's part of the problem. Talking ill about your coaches and teammates to the media is a symptom of a bad culture. Hence why DJ was sent packing. 

Speaking of adding more fuel to the fire:

The Redskins could be the next team to star in HBO's 'Hard Knocks'

By Caroline Brandt January 02, 2019 1:09 PM

Fans could soon get an inside look into the Washington Redskins franchise. The Redskins are on the shortlist to be featured on HBO's hit show, "Hard Knocks," According to the Washington TimesThe Oakland Raiders, New York Giants, Detroit Lions and San Francisco 49ers are also on the shortlist. The five-part series features an inside look at the preparation and offseason training of a specific NFL team each season.

Being the next "Hard Knocks" team isn't exactly the best press a team can receive, as featured teams are typically far from playoff contention. But, the Cleveland Browns, the focus of the 2018 season, posted their best record in 11 years. The Redskins fit all of the necessary criteria to be featured on "Hard Knocks," including a head coach who has been with the team longer than one year, the team has not made the playoffs in the past two years, and/or the team has not been the focus of the series during the last 10 years.

The Redskins have never been featured on "Hard Knocks," while the Dallas Cowboys and Cincinnati Bengals have each been featured twice. The NFL can mandate that a team participate in the docuseries, however, the Redskins reportedly declined to be featured on "Hard Knocks" in 2013, as did the Falcons, Seahawks, 49ers and Texans. With all of the negative press surrounding the Redskins in recent years, an intimate look inside the team's front office could very well bring fans back into supporting the team.

Click here for the rest of the article.

2 hours ago, method man said:

I remember one of the beat guys, maybe Russell, noting ZB was the guy on the team DJ was tightest with. So this is not surprising 

Dad said same thing, he knows he's gone, and doesn't care about burning his bridge on the way out (when have I seen that before here?)

8 hours ago, spjunkies said:

We can't go a single day without some crazy stuff going on with this team.

Poor leadership and management will do that to you. 

Just look at this forum. 

I kid I kid dont ban me. It was the easy shot and I took it also I dont believe a word of it Jumbo told me to do it anyway. 

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

I didn't even think of the possibility that Zach Brown threatened a reporter with physical harm in that tweet I posted lol...

<staff edit OT political comments---3 day posting restriction>

No politics or religion in the stadium

If Baltimore is crazy enough to let go of CJ Mosely then I say let Brown and Mason Foster walk and give that money to Mosely.  Add another Bama Boy to the mix.  But Mason Foster is a quality player who can play special teams as well.  I would hate to see him go, he reminds me of Kedrick Golston.....he may carve out a role for the next 10 years with this organization.

Everyone down on Zach Browns play...it appears he played through a serious injury.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1630321/zach-brownBrown said that he played through the 2018 season with a torn oblique and "should have sat out," JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington reports.

I agree with Brown in the original article.  Anyone against status quo is usually gone!

Zach Brown is pissed off. He's been dropped for a Bama boy in Hamilton.

Zach Brown has called out the only 'player' to defend the coach, basically Jonathan Allen.

Jonathan Allen is clearly very tight with Reuben Foster. Defended him all along the way. 

Its nots it's difficult to get.

5 hours ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Speaking of adding more fuel to the fire:

Click here for the rest of the article.

Woot! That's been in BHRBN for almost 2 days now :P

You are being late to the party :P

Anyway, that is highly unlikely we end up there.  Raiders will be way much more interesting.

If he actually played through a torn oblique through most of the season that would probably explain some of his drop off in production. That's something that basically affects any athletic movement at all. 

Though with SDH shining and RF potentially coming in and being that sideline to sideline athletic freak ILB we might not really need ZB anymore, especially at his big salary. 

2 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

So why is Zach Brown upset at a reporter (guessing Tarik?) for something written in a story, that was a direct quote from him?  

Well, from what i saw On Twitter today, SUPPOSEDLY he didn’t even speak to any reporters at all about anything.....not sure if it’s true or not. 

Archived