Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ProFootballTalk : Zach Brown On This Organization

desertbeagle85

Brown said. “If you notice, no one except one person disagreed with D.J.’s comments that players aren’t being held accountable."

4 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

They might keep him to try to prove a point.

Not sure about that, powerful are the arrogance and the bitterness on the dark side ;) They'll save $5,750,000 in cap space by cutting him (post June 1st), and they already sent him a message --> Link

3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Good, good. Keep it coming with this stuff, the more the better until Allen is gone. 

So what does getting rid of Allen accomplish? Nothing will change Snyder will just hire some other bum he likes. 

36 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Goodbye Brown you won't be missed. 

HTTR 

Dan is that you? I mean you're right what's one more hole do when it comes to Swiss cheese. 

3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Good, good. Keep it coming with this stuff, the more the better until Allen is gone. 

Additional added benefit is we continue to see who can't keep their mouths shut and they can be purged for the culture change as well. 

15 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

So what does getting rid of Allen accomplish? Nothing will change Snyder will just hire some other bum he likes. 

Dan is that you? I mean you're right what's one more hole do when it comes to Swiss cheese. 

I tend to agree with this as well.  Lots of good points being made.   The Skins as we know are an organizational failure with the Idiot and Chief Snyder on the top of the chart. 

Of course he is going to  hire guys that magnify or represent his POV on how to run a team.  Or his expectations that he can provide input.  How else do you continue to function like this. Fans made similar comments about Vinny as they do about Bruce.  Bruce has even a worse reputation as a GM,   All player personnel decisions run through him and I truly believe Danny is in on them. 

And apparently both of them are so thin skinned that anyone who disagrees with him is out the door.  So you could say Smith is one smart man. Hey it got D.J. out of here and it will work for me.  Would you want to play on this team if you were a professional football player?  Of course you wouldn't.    

And another thing.  You notice how when players drink too much they get in trouble? The drama that follows them?   Well if you ask me Boozie Allen drinks too much and drama just flows out of Redskins Park - literally brewing all the time.   I can't even imagine the decisions that have been made after a six pack of Coor's.  

BA operates as he does with the full blessing of Frat Boy Danny.  And anyone who does not see this fails to understand how dysfunctional business organizations run.  And until DANNY is gone or hands over the keys to a legitimate GM and let's him hire legitimate football evaluators and staff it is going to be this rinse and repeat.  Only it is getting worse when you factor in all the injuries.

Cutting DJ sent a strong message to the team, my mistake.

E72A77AC-FC9D-4CF9-A1D4-914BAC05B096.gif.36267769be144d26b2382f3413141fd4.gif

2 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

I tend to agree with this as well.  Lots of good points being made.   The Skins as we know are an organizational failure with the Idiot and Chief Snyder on the top of the chart. 

Of course he is going to  hire guys that magnify or represent his POV on how to run a team.  Or his expectations that he can provide input.  How else do you continue to function like this. Fans made similar comments about Vinny as they do about Bruce.  Bruce has even a worse reputation as a GM,   All player personnel decisions run through him and I truly believe Danny is in on them. 

And apparently both of them are so thin skinned that anyone who disagrees with him is out the door.  So you could say Smith is one smart man. Hey it got D.J. out of here and it will work for me.  Would you want to play on this team if you were a professional football player?  Of course you wouldn't.    

And another thing.  You notice how when players drink too much they get in trouble? The drama that follows them?   Well if you ask me Boozie Allen drinks too much and drama just flows out of Redskins Park - literally brewing all the time.   I can't even imagine the decisions that have been made after a six pack of Coor's.  

BA operates as he does with the full blessing of Frat Boy Danny.  And anyone who does not see this fails to understand how dysfunctional business organizations run.  And until DANNY is gone or hands over the keys to a legitimate GM and let's him hire legitimate football evaluators and staff it is going to be this rinse and repeat.  Only it is getting worse when you factor in all the injuries.

A pile of 💩 in the hand is worth two in the commode.

17 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Zach Brown on these reporters who wrote this story:

Honestly I do wonder how often journalists sensationalize things. I mean, I know they do it. But it's hard to differentiate when they do and do not. 

There's always an element of, "I wonder how much of this is true or what percent of the full story this is" when I read any article. It's why I try not to read many articles. I prefer to hear full quotes instead of excerpts. Similar to the Danny Ainge quote about LeBron and Trump (NOT bringing this up to get political. Please don't comment on Trump. The point of bringing this up is that it is topical at the moment and similar to this concept). People who actually saw the whole quote realize the click bait title was taken out of context. Other people believe what Ainge said was a lot more egregious than it was because they took the quote in the title as the full quote without context. 

It's really an interesting dynamic.

22 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Honestly I do wonder how often journalists sensationalize things. I mean, I know they do it. But it's hard to differentiate when they do and do not. 

There's always an element of, "I wonder how much of this is true or what percent of the full story this is" when I read any article. It's why I try not to read many articles. I prefer to hear full quotes instead of excerpts. Similar to the Danny Ainge quote about LeBron and Trump (NOT bringing this up to get political. Please don't comment on Trump. The point of bringing this up is that it is topical at the moment and similar to this concept). People who actually saw the whole quote realize the click bait title was taken out of context. Other people believe what Ainge said was a lot more egregious than it was because they took the quote in the title as the full quote without context. 

We don't really know why he's upset, either...maybe he was told it was off the record and then sees it being made into the foundation of an article. Or maybe it was taken out of context and comments surrounding his words would have explained his thoughts better. Or maybe it was something said out of pure emotion of the moment and never represented how he views the team and coaches (and maybe he even said that at the time to the reporters). Or maybe he said it as sarcasm but nobody was around to hold up a "Sarcasm" sign to the reporters lol...

Right now, the easiest gig in the world is writing a negative article about the Redskins. By and large, nobody will question it or its validity, and the few who do are seen as "apologists" and "homers" and little else. You could write an article accusing Snyder of sex trafficking and the Kennedy assassination, and the majority of responses would probably be #selltheteamdan hashtags lol...

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yea.

I can get a good look at a T-bone steak by putting my head up a bull's ass but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it.  😛

The media sees the ****storm called the Washington Redskins and are hawking Twitter feeds non-stop for a crumb, no matter where it comes from.

This isn't crazy. Brown was disgruntled, he basically said on record he didn't expect to be here next year. He was probably gone regardless due to the cap hit, as he was set to be a top 10 paid ILB. This, more than anything, probably takes a little shine off him as far as free agency is concerned.  

I actually have no problem with Zach Brown as a player or what he said there.  

For one, nothing he said there was untrue or out of line, IMO.  

Second, a year ago, we were happy to have him back.  He was a good re-signing.  He played well enough to start in the Pro Bowl in 2017 and the only reason he didnt was Keuchly and Wagner were ahead of him.  But now, he's a bum.  Yeah, he cant cover...at all, but we dont have a LB that can.  And those guys arent falling out of the sky.

He wasnt as good this year, but he claims he had an oblique injury of some sort for most of the year.  

We got bigger fish to fry than to create another hole by kicking him to the curb.  Mason Foster is more of a priority to replace.  

5 minutes ago, dballer said:

This isn't crazy. Brown was disgruntled, he basically said on record he didn't expect to be here next year. He was probably gone regardless due to the cap hit, as he was set to be a top 10 paid ILB. This, more than anything, probably takes a little shine off him as far as free agency is concerned.  

I think once they give your gig to a rookie, they're not gonna keep you around at starter money to be a backup.  

But one of the two between Foster and Brown goes, but probably not both.  I would prefer Foster exit.

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I think once they give your gig to a rookie, they're not gonna keep you around at starter money to be a backup.  

But one of the two between Foster and Brown goes, but probably not both.  I would prefer Foster exit.

Problem is cutting Brown saves you 6 million, cutting Foster only saves you 2 million. ill take the dough, and hope R Foster and SDH are the starting duo at some point next year. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Additional added benefit is we continue to see who can't keep their mouths shut and they can be purged for the culture change as well. 

What culture change would that be?  You mean the one Gruden, Manusky, and Allen arent gonna make?  

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Many of them are misinformants. Put a huge pot of **** in the middle of a room with a stick in it, open up the rooms' doors. They'll rush in to be the firsts to stir it and making sure we're all going to "enjoy" the stench. :silly:

Archived