Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite YouTube Channels/Personalities, etc

Spaceman Spiff

Been watching a lot of Donut Media's Everything You Need To Know series:

@Chew yoooooooo Grand National!

WheezyWaiter is usually pretty entertaining:

First We Feast's Hot Ones is a fun interview:

It's Burr, NSFW language.  Binge watched a lot of these lately, they're fun.

These two dudes can be fun, Lost In Vegas:

What are you guys watching/subscribing to?

• Like 1

Ohhhhh I like this thread. I'm a fan of the lost in Vegas dudes.

I've never been to jail, but I like hearing stories about it lol. This guy does a good job. 

This guy is hilarious picking on scammers.

This lady has a sweet personality and a slick sense of humor. I just came across her and now I'm addicted. You can also learn some new recipes :)

There are plenty that I'm forgetting, but I'll add some later.

First off, I love Grand Nationals...took my friend's over the Buckman bridge in Jax at a high rate of speed and the wheels left the ground at the top of the span...WOW! 

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of The Liberal Redneck. His profanity-laced rant on trans-bathrooms is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't have any favorite YouTube personalities, but I have a sort of cool story.  My cousin has a small but decent following on YouTube, she does make up tutorials and things like that.  Evidently, that kind of thing is absurdly popular.  Anyways, she parlayed that into a highly sought-after internship in Milan for some European fashion company where something like 30,000 people applied for the job.  So she's going to go from YouTube person to the next Estee Lauder, which is crazy and awesome.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I mess with the Donut guys. My subscriptions are mostly made up of consumer tech, movies/TV, and lifting. Here's some of the channels I mess with.

ScrewAttack. They pit characters from different fictional works for a death battle. This one is a quick watch but the main ones are like 20 mins with fighting and info.

Alien's Guide. Funny synopsis of movies.

Vox. The Boarders series is the best thing they put out

• 6 months later...

Grant Thompson, The Creator Of "King Of Random" YouTube Channel, Has Died

A man who ran the popular science-focused YouTube channel, "the King of Random," died Monday in a paragliding crash in southern Utah, authorities said.

Jonathan Grant Thompson, 38, the creator of the King of Random YouTube channel, was identified as the paraglider whose body was recovered near Sand Hollow State Park, Washington County Sheriff Lt. Dave Crouse told BuzzFeed News.

Authorities were alerted to a missing paraglider on Monday night after the pilot was reported to have taken flight from the Dixie Springs subdivision near the state park.

The caller reported that the man was overdue by an hour and wasn't answering his phone. Officers from the Hurricane Police Department and Bureau of Land Management responded to the area.

Using the last-known GPS coordinates for the man's phone, volunteers with the sheriff's search and rescue team located his body.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 2

None, I hate them all, and Instagram influencers.

Now I have good reason to be on my old man soapbox here.  I'm in that perfect middle ground, age-wise, where I remember life before the Internet, but am technologically capable and able to make use of it.  However, I still remember a time where someone who tried to describe themselves an an Instagram infuencer would probably get laughed at, if not slapped. 

My nine and seven year old watch those Minecraft tutorials, and similar things on YouTube; Karina the Gamergirl and Eystream or whatever, and they're all obnoxious twits.  Since I don't watch much of any of it myself, my entire opinion of internet personalities is based off of listening to these grating pre-teens, or someone like Kendall Jenner who you can't avoid no matter how hard you try.

Then I Google Karina the Gamergirl and find out she's worth something like 4 million dollars already, and I question all my life choices.  Just before the tears start.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Forehead said:

None, I hate them all, and Instagram influencers.

Now I have good reason to be on my old man soapbox here.  I'm in that perfect middle ground, age-wise, where I remember life before the Internet, but am technologically capable and able to make use of it.  However, I still remember a time where someone who tried to describe themselves an an Instagram infuencer would probably get laughed at, if not slapped. 

My nine and seven year old watch those Minecraft tutorials, and similar things on YouTube; Karina the Gamergirl and Eystream or whatever, and they're all obnoxious twits.  Since I don't watch much of any of it myself, my entire opinion of internet personalities is based off of listening to these grating pre-teens, or someone like Kendall Jenner who you can't avoid no matter how hard you try.

Then I Google Karina the Gamergirl and find out she's worth something like 4 million dollars already, and I question all my life choices.  Just before the tears start.

I could have posted this exact same thing.  I love YouTube, but I don't follow anyone in particular.  I search for topics that interest me and watch, and pay no attention to the poster.

I have an actual bucket list and "Slap a Self-Described Influencer" is now on it (right below "Curse at Danny Snyder").

My four year old watches videos of adults playing with toys.  It creeps me out, but the production value is remarkably high and I'm 100% sure that these people do this for a living and are probably making all kinds of bank, again, to ****ing play with toys all day.  And are very unlikely to recruit her to the alt-right or a sex cult.  One channel she likes has 7.6 million subscribers.  

• Like 2

• 2 months later...