Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite YouTube Channels/Personalities, etc

Spaceman Spiff

• 10 months later...

My post from last year still rings true.  My kids are now 10 and 8 and have graduated to other obnoxious twits, and I still don't like any of them.

Also, I would call him a Youtube personality, more of a podcast guy, but like many fans of 80's and 90's wrestling, I enjoy a good rant from Jim Cornette.

Edited by Forehead

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/sting-king-coyote-peterson-youtube/2020/09/10/e7d169de-f2a1-11ea-bc45-e5d48ab44b9f_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories-2_1015am-stingking%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

YouTube personality gains fame — by getting stung by bugs

Not for nothing is Nathaniel “Coyote” Peterson known as the King of Sting.

Since launching his YouTube channel, “Brave Wilderness,” in 2014, the bearded adventurer in the Indiana Jones leather fedora has screamed, gasped and panted his way to viral fame, after tendering his arm to be stung by a parade of poisonous insects with such fiendish nicknames as the “bloodworm,” the “murder hornet” and the “executioner wasp.”

By some measures, Peterson has become more popular than ever during the pandemic lockdown, with nearly 2 million additional subscribers flocking to his channel for a reliable dopamine fix since March.

With 17.5 million subscribers, “Brave Wilderness” ranks 234 in a field of more than 31 million YouTube channels. Social Blade estimates Peterson earns as much as $294,000 a month from online ads, confirmation that what he calls his “extreme content” hits a nerve in more ways than one.

I watched the video where he (intentionally) gets stung by a Tarantula Hawk Wasp, which is the size of a small bird.  The link is below, I won't imbed it because it's pretty intense.  If you'd rather a summary, for about 5 minutes, he describes the insect and how it fights tarantulas (while one angrily zips around a glass container next to him), then he pulls it out and jams it onto his arm with a pair of tweezers tongs, which is an act of madness, then he writhes around on the ground for 5 minutes, then he describes the pain in great, great detail, then he explains (almost gleefully) that he still hasn't been stung by a bullet ant which is supposedly worse than the gigantic wasp but that he is definitely going to do that soon.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnExgQ81fhU

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/23/2020 at 10:01 PM, Forehead said:

My post from last year still rings true.  My kids are now 10 and 8 and have graduated to other obnoxious twits, and I still don't like any of them.

5 and 6 yr old grandsons.  Care to join me as we put the heads of the parents of the kid Ryan on a pike in the market square?

29 mill schleping cheap Chinese crap to kids in frigging WalMart......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Biographics is hands down my favorite Youtube channel. Simon Whistler's other series TopTenz and Geographics are good too.

ReligionforBreakfast and LetsTalkReligion are good sources for scholarly overviews of different topics. The first is more scholarly, the latter covers more middle eastern sects and variants.

Michael Franzese has some great insights into Mob movies and various mob figures. He was a caporegime in the Colombo family and the son of a major mob figure. 

If you're into guitar, Paul Davids has good info. I am beyond much of the stuff, but there are some good tidbits on music theory I pick up here and there. I wish i could have known this stuff back when I was starting out in the eighties.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/27/2020 at 10:59 AM, Jabbyrwock said:

Zefrank's youtube series "true facts" is more informative than most of the crap on Discovery and what not these days, and is funny as hell:

The latest:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My kids are now 10 and 8 and have graduated to slightly older but still annoying YouTube personalities.  There is one guy my son watches, Mark something or other who does really cool physics stuff.  I wish they'd watch more of him and less Minecraft videos.  I particularly like the one where he and some friends rigged a rocket to a driver (golf club) to see how far the ball would go.

On 3/27/2021 at 6:38 PM, Forehead said:

My kids are now 10 and 8 and have graduated to slightly older but still annoying YouTube personalities.  There is one guy my son watches, Mark something or other who does really cool physics stuff.  I wish they'd watch more of him and less Minecraft videos.  I particularly like the one where he and some friends rigged a rocket to a driver (golf club) to see how far the ball would go.

That’s Mark Rober, former NASA engineer.  His videos have included the glitter bombs he designed to get porch pirates, a squirrel obstacle course, and others that have been posted in various threads here over the years.  Good stuff.

17 hours ago, China said:

That’s Mark Rober, former NASA engineer.  His videos have included the glitter bombs he designed to get porch pirates, a squirrel obstacle course, and others that have been posted in various threads here over the years.  Good stuff.

Yeah, that's him, the squirrel obstacle course is hilarious.