Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Cut DJ Swearinger!

skinfan2k

This team is an embarrassment run by a bunch of talentless ****ing clowns. 

Besides the fact DJ is right, and the coaches are a bunch of inept morons:

You cut a talented pro bowl player, from a very thin position group, on a cheap contract. No trade, no value returned. Besides being a very overreactive move, it's ****ing stupid from a business perspective. You could have got a mid round pick if nothing else. Now, we are up ****s creek because our safety group is ****ed. We now need two starting safeties for next season. They could have just suspended him a game for conduct detrimental and retained his rights for the offseason. Instead, they get nothing and put the team in a bigger hole. 

**** this team and the imbeciles running it. This is why this franchise is a bottom feeding joke and league-wide laughing stock for 27 years and running. 

2 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I don't have a problem with this. Do you think Belichick would have put up with a player doing this? Keep it in house and all is good. Mouth off and try to embarrass the coaching staff and you're gone.

Would have made sense if they let Foster go earlier. The inconsistency make Gruden and Allen look bad.

Just now, justice98 said:

Coming off 0-16, they're as close to being contenders as we are, which is bad enough.  

It only took half a million first round draft picks over the years for them to get there.  And the fact they lucked out on getting Dorsey as their GM.  Which I've said before on here, Dan needs to clean house and fire Bruce and replace him with someone with no ties to the organization and hire a GM with no ties as well and let them start over.

21 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I doubt it. This is a favor to dj. A competitive team will claim him. Gruden cut off his nose to spite his face...

I've seen the phrase claim several times.  I think he might be enough of a vet he can be cut without being waived

49 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This coming from a relative pro Jay person but at best I am on the fence on him today -- some of the most biting Swearinger comments haven't made it to twitter.

He didn't only say Arians' practices are 10 times more intense but he also said other players arrive here from other teams and have told him they are surprised how easy and laid back practices are here compared to where they came from previously.  He said if you prepare in a mediocre fashion than you play mediocre and the team's record is a reflection of their preparation. 

In my opinion, anyone who finds Swearinger's comments to be illuminating has been suffering from some degree of denial.  Jay's lack of preparation/discipline/accountability has been hiding in plain sight during the course of his tenure.

And the clown show continues. I get it, you can't have a player continue to do this after he was warned. But I had the same thought as an eariier poster,  one game suspension without pay would have sent the same message.  Now once again they have no safeties and yet another hole to fill. Next season is honestly looking like Cleveland Browns territory and I too now believe Jay and probably Manusky are back.  

10 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Would have made sense if they let Foster go earlier. The inconsistency make Gruden and Allen look bad.

I think they are two different situations. This isn't the first time DJ has pulled this sort of thing. Fosters was leaked. He didn't go to the media to voice it.

34 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

This is so monumentally and irretrievably stupid, I don't even have words for it. He had trade value. There was no harm to keeping him for one more game and then getting something for him in the offseason.

4 teams in 5 seasons.

total gob****e, albeit decent/good player.

due 4.5mil in 2019 at one of the least sought after positions in free agency. The  safety market has been totally dire recently.

marginal trade value imo.

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

Boooo!

suspend him sure, but he’s one of our best players and one of the few demanding excellence. 

That's the problem, apparently.  We can't have any players trying to, you know, actually win. 

I am so ****ing sick of this coaching staff and front office.  Honestly, could they have ****ed this situation up any worse?  It's almost as if they sit in a room and see who can come up with the stupidest thing to do and that person wins a prize.

Fire Bruce

Fire Jay

Fire Manusky.

Fire them today.

Just listened to the DJ interview on 106.7, he basically babbled for 23 minutes, couldn't really give a good answer on the Jon Allen tweet.  I think he was trying to separate himself from the rest of the defense so that he wasn't held accountable for the poor play in the second half of the season

I have never met, read about, worked for, or heard of any successful person who does what DJ just did, he had 1 game left, he could have shut his mouth and been dealt in the offseason but he wanted to create drama and he didn't do it for the betterment of the team, he can't be dumb enough to believe he can throw coaches under the bus to the national media and remain here as a player, he knew what he was doing and it was selfish, don't believe for a second he did this for the fans or the team.

I see the Redskins and DJ as being equally idiotic, from the team side I do not understand why we wouldn't just deactivate him and then trade him in the offseason, it's not like its midseason and you're trying to save the locker room, the locker room has been lost since the Giants game.

1 minute ago, sempre_victrix said:

That's the problem, apparently.  We can't have any players trying to, you know, actually win. 

I am so ****ing sick of this coaching staff and front office.  Honestly, could they have ****ed this situation up any worse?  It's almost as if they sit in a room and see who can come up with the stupidest thing to do and that person wins a prize.

Fire Bruce

Fire Jay

Fire Manusky.

Fire them today.

Heh. That's the genesis of the thread I just started.

So I thought Swearinger was wrong.

I also thought there should be discipline.

in a vacuum I’d be okay with cutting him. But this isn’t a vacuum. The front office is a mess. We have guys running their mouths on a weekly basis. The coaches and front office have done absolutely nothing about it. Then DJ Swearinger is used to make an example of. 

16 weeks. Nothing done. Now it happens. While the rest of the non sense is still employed (FO, coaches and players included).

The only way I’m in favor of this move is if it also means the team is cleaning house in totality. And we know that’s likely not coming.

The Redskins unwavering commitment to mediocrity continues to baffle and annoy me.

Get no return for franchise QB or pro bowl safety because they dare call you on your ****ty work habits and organizational skills.

What exactly about this team's "culture" in recent memory is worth defending again?  And exactly which parts of this franchise are operating at such a high level that daring to want improvement is a fireable offense?

Mind boggling.  All the wrong decisions and attitudes are being rewarded for all the wrong reasons and the results speak for themselves.

4 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Ultimately, this comes from the top.  Dan and Bruce run a crappy ship and it infects everything.

Crappy ship run by crappy people does crappy things. 

It it frustrates me to no end that everyone involved in making this team will get to skate on injuries. None of them will be held accountable. 

44 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Clearly D.J. had worn out his welcome here.  No significant difference between cutting him now and cutting him in January.

I wish him well.

We could have tried to trade him in the off-season for something, anything.  Then if we got no offers, cut him.  To me, it's annoying that Jay never set the tone for all of the players from the get-go and enforce it with some form of disciplinary action once it started.  Along with allowing it to continue and only take action after week 16 when making the playoffs was no longer a possibility.

And not trying to get anything for a top 10 safety and cutting them so he can go elsewhere just continues to show this organizations ass-clownery.

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

due 4.5mil in 2019 at one of the least sought after positions in free agency. The  safety market has been totally dire recently.

marginal trade value imo.

Good FS don't come cheap.

And we're gonna need at least 1. Most probably 2. Which will cost a lot if we want to get one during next FA.

List of pending FA, baring any resigning. (Forget about Landon Collins, he won't go anywhere.)

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/free-safety/

11 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Heh. That's the genesis of the thread I just started.

I have the win-win formula for all concerned; whether you like this move, or not, here are some tips for you, free of charge.

Quit spending money on this franchise and feeding the circus, but don't quit being a fan, hopefully it will send a message to the gnome wearing glasses.  You can do this by:

First - pick up another team as a "stand-by" team.  This does not mean you have to purchase and wear any of their gear - one way may be if you have a family member or friend who is a fan of another team, offer your support to them by rooting for their team; preferably a playoffs bound team, so you'll have something to watch and cheer about.  I'm lucky, my neighbor is a huge Saints fan, so I get to "root" for a winning team for a while.  Another team you might pick is someone who regularly slaps the cowturds, beagles, or gnats in the face when they meet; I suppose this should be any other team in the league.

Second - Stay informed on the happenings; if the gnome wearing glasses decides to stick with this circus' ring master and his puppets, get a little closer to a team that has the winning mentality - a mentality that DJ was eluding to, but call it a decision you've made on your own as your taking a hiatus from your beloved team (good spot for a HTTR).

Third - As you get closer to a team that seems to know what they're doing, don't give in to the urge to begin investing on the new team, not even a jersey; well maybe a jersey.

Fourth - Learn the art of patience - I know that we've all had to learn patience for the last 20 years, but if you've lasted this long!

Fifth - Prepare for the joyous occasion when you can get all your gear out of the closet and rejoice because the gnome wearing glasses has pulled his thumb out of his ___ and decided to sell the team, which gets bought by someone who knows the winning formula for sports franchises.  Yes, I am dreaming, but what else can I do?

Anyway, good luck on either sticking with this circus as is, or taking a vacation until the ship gets righted.

Archived