Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Cut DJ Swearinger!

skinfan2k

There has to be more to this story than what we know, it's odd that after DJ's rant yesterday you had Jon Allen tweet that Manusky called a good game, Allen never tweets about the coaching but he made it a point to yesterday and by doing so was quietly saying not everyone on the defense agrees with DJ.

I trust the Bama boys, they have more talent, smarts, and maturity than dumbass Swearinger, I'm gonna wait to see what comes out before I start hammering Jay or the team. 

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

We traded arguably the best slot corner (Fuller) before the season and now have cut a top 10 safety.  This organization is ****ing clown shoes.........

Oh jeez, forgot about him for a minute.  I know we couldn't possibly have predicted Smith getting injured so terribly, now we're even thinner in the secondary for...well, basically nothing.

4 minutes ago, RedskinsSerbia said:

Btw the fact that he got voted a defensive captain by the players, but Jay overruled that and made Mason Foster the captain is some next level BS.

We have a terrible defense full of terrible players, I want to know who voted for him, I doubt it was the talented players (interior D lineman) based on Jon Allen's tweet.

I totally get saying enough with this guy but cutting and allowing him to potentially join a playoff team is basically doing him a favor and your own team a disservice.  You can easily inactivate him, be tough in the press and then try to get something for the guy and send him somewhere he doesn’t want to be.  We can’t even do stupid things less stupidly.

that is so ****ing stupid.  There's been a lot of things I can accept, this isn't one of them.  I honestly don't know what to do with this.  If this coaching staff isn't back next year they shouldn't have been allowed to cut a guy who could be a key piece.  If the are, well why should the team respect them if this is the way they react to criticism.  I'm willing to bet even fewer free agents will be willing to look at them if this is the way they treat players.

Secondary is going to be a disaster next year.  Clinton-Dix probably won't re-sign after this,  Nicholson might not be here.  We're basically now at a point where we're undoing positive things we did. 

1 hour ago, fordranger76 said:

Say what you will but this was the right move. His performance can be replaced. Hopefully the next guy is a professional.

that's a laugh.  We've been looking for quality safeties sine Ryan Clark left

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Trick question, Patriots wouldn't of signed him.  BB prefers sheep, Brady is his only exception, for obvious reasons.  You don't jus join the Patriot way, you have to stay that way to stay there, like a cult.

He actually doesn't prefer sheep.  He prefers players who will give everything for the team and accept their roles will change on a weekly basis.  Here in Redskins Land, we give preference to big money and where you are drafted.  BB doesn't give a damn about that. You show in practice that you are the best and you play. 

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

It was a d-bag thing to do to keep going to the media with this crap week after week.  I can't believe anyone would feel bad for him.

4 teams already in his career and you can see why.

I don't give a crap about what he says about the play calling.  He is a top 10 safety.  Make an example out of him for running his mouth and fine him, bench him for the last game?  Absolutely.  Decide going into next season you no longer want him due to his remarks to the media and seek a trade?  Absolutely.  

What you don't do, it just flat out cut a top 10 safety in this league without trying to either 1]  fix the relationship/put him in his place or 2] trade him to another team for a draft pick

Even if he wants out or you think he wants out, you don't just give into that without first trying to get something for him in return.  Stupid ass FO and organization.

25 minutes ago, fordranger76 said:

One question. Would the Patriots cut him after this? 

The Patriots would have cut him the first time he said something. The Patriots would have cut Mason Foster after he said F the fans and organization. The Patriots would have cut Norman after he had his headphones on during a coaches talk. They would have cut Norman again after he ran his mouth about the fans. That’s the culture the Patriots have established. The Redskins let all those things go and then cut Swearinger. It doesn’t make sense, which makes you understand why the Redskins did it.

This point has already been said..But it’s still one VERY valid points I’ve read...Why in the hell would you let a probowl player(even if he’s causing locker room drama)walk for free??..Why cut him and receive NOTHING in return??..I get it,he called everyone out from coaches,players,fans,practice,film study,etc...but as a team in this league,it’s hard enough to find a player that can produce and keep,but to have one fill the void that’s been there for 10+ yrs and he rubs ya the wrong way so the answer is to get butt hurt,throw business sense out the window and “I’ll show him” but simply releasing him???..A playoff team could/would have given anything from a 3-6rd pick for him no doubt(unless it was the Cowgirls,then we could’ve squeezed a 1-2rd pick for him)..I’ve been a diehard skins fan my entire life but these last couple of seasons has truly tested me and my faith in this organization..Bad decision after just plain old bad decision is the absolute norm around here and it drives me f**king CRAZY!!!!..Good damn thing I decided against ordering my son the Swearinger Jersey for xmas and got him the laptop instead-SMGDH!!!!!! 

15 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Gruden had no choice. Even if everything DJ says is true, that stays in house to be dealt with.

He can go somewhere better.

When the coaching change occurs in 2020, most of our current roster will eventually be replaced.

He had to do something, but he could've just suspended him.  The message this sends is so stupid because it's not something unique to him.  Norman and Foster talk **** about the fans, but that's fine.  Swearinger talks about the practices and is angry about the playcalling, and he's fired just like that?  Come on.  Publicly admonish him, fine him, suspend him, whatever.  Don't condone other players' ****ty actions (both Fosters now that I remember about the sandwich one) by going 0-60 with a guy who busts his ass.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

Did we just take a $5.3M cap penalty by doing this? We don't even have $5M in cap space available.

I'm interested to know how this affects our cap because he could have been released during the offseason for $1.3M.

Or traded in the off-season for a pick. But the hammer came down too quick perhaps. 

5 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

He actually doesn't prefer sheep.  He prefers players who will give everything for the team and accept their roles will change on a weekly basis.  Here in Redskins Land, we give preference to big money and where you are drafted.  BB doesn't give a damn about that. You show in practice that you are the best and you play. 

That's why those teams barely have any talent or superstars outside of Brady, right? Especially the last decade? Moss was there for like one year because he basically promised not to talk.  Other teams joke about that place being the borg, Gronk is probably the only one there that doesn't have the personality of plywood.

DJ was guilty of caring a little too much and our coaches had no idea how to handle it, none.  Could a listen to him, make practices harder, more blitzing , but no double down on what ain't working for $300, Alex

Archived