Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Cut DJ Swearinger!

skinfan2k

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He’s not good I’ve seen Swearinger get run over multiple times this season also burned in open coverage a  good player doesn’t let that happen but that’s not my point Payne and Allen are good Kerrigan is Good if you want to call out coaches you better be elite

8 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

So stupid!  Suspend him if you want, cutting him is just dumb. 

Foster says F this team and its fans - No problem.

AP says he still hits his kid - No issue

Another player is on Video Beating the crap out of a guy "Ok -Suspended but on team"

Another player beats his GF at team hotel for another team -CLAIM HIM.

This is coming from someone who is more in camp Jay.  But I am upset at the move.  It might take me off camp Jay because I've been on the periphery of late.

DJ was polite if anything to his teammates in that interview.  He tried to be polite to the coaches initially but Grant did a good job to keep pushing it and then it came pouring out and he went about how Arian's practices are much more serious and tougher than Jay's -- it was pretty damning stuff.  I buy into it in part because I m a big Arians guy, reading his book now -- that dude is methodical and organized.  DJ also saying guys that come here from other teams talk about how laid back the practices are here to what they were used to.

I believe that part.  A retired NE player talked not long ago on Sirrius about how the Redskins practices were so unimpressive to Belichick the time they shared camp that he told some he's not practicing with the Redskins again.  So yeah I am at the moment in a foul mood about Jay and typically I am not.

So basically the coaches are returning.

Gruden cannot prepare and picks and chooses arbitrary punishment. Absolutely no leadership on a ship that continues to sink to the worst run franchise in the nfl.

bravo jay, bravo. How about holding yourself and your coaches responsible for something? You never seem to.

2 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

He’s not good I’ve seen Swearinger get run over multiple times this season also burned in open coverage a  good player doesn’t let that happen but that’s not my point Payne and Allen are good Kerrigan is Good if you want to call out coaches you better be elite

Yeah we've all seen him play.  He's an alternate to the pro bowl for a reason.  He's not perfect but by a mile IMO he's the best safety we've had since Sean.  One of the only guys that has any fire it seems on the team.

I agree you don't call out the coaches but IMO releasing the dude is an overreaction.  I would have suspended him.   They have a gazillion holes as is -- now we got to add both safety position?  Fun. 

13 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Mason Foster says **** this team and the Redskins get his back.

Swearenger calls out the coach and he gets cut.

Redskins get a guy on waiver wire who is allegedly a woman beater.

This team is all over the ****ing place and has no clue wtf to do.

Perfectly put !!!!

The clown car organization strikes again.  What a bunch of idiots.  Suspend him for a game that doesn't matter next week because the organization has control with his contract.  He's playing very well and could be used as trade bait.  Now you have given up a pick and let him walk only to be resigned by another team, for NOTHING.  Sounds like the same idiots in control of the Cousins debacle. 
GREAT JOB!! GO REDSKINS!!!  LOL!  This team is a joke.

And they are going to keep Bruce Allen.

Wow. Just. Wow.

4 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

It’s time to start over. Everywhere.

I wasn't as upbeat as you were about the roster before the season but I thought the roster was at least decent and they were building in the right direction.  What a weird and depressing season this has been.  And I would never think I'd feel worse about what the 2019 season looks than I did about 2018.   But that's where I am at now.

35 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Good  GTFO - regardless of any other changes coming the skins are the last organization that need a guy with that type of attitude in the locker room.

Attitude? Wtf! This guy just tells the goddamn truth. So the only ****ing thing the Redskins are worried about is media coverage. **** them!!! They don’t want to win. And they won’t with these sorry ass good ol boy network from Tampa 

Do try to remember a few things here. We are not privy to what has also been going on in the locker room. Who knows whats going on behind the scenes as well. Perhaps he is causing a lot of trouble there as well. Maybe not. Who knows? Also the guy is now going to be on what his 6th team in 7 or 8 years? Track record folks. You can knock the team for both of the Fosters and that's fine but you have to understand why they did this. Its a pattern. Its not surprising. It was needed.

This team cant afford to get rid of good players. Particularly at a position they've struggled for a decade to fill.  

I'd rather cut the clown show at the top, get a competent DC in there, and keep an asset like Swearinger.

This feels like a FO making moves knowing they're coming back.  They dont want any rabble rousers around. Which, in theory, isnt unreasonable, but Allen, Gruden, and Manusky getting canned seems inevitable either this year or next.  

It's kinda telling though what this team will put up with and what they wont.  Reuben Foster, come on down. A useful player in DJ Swearinger, hit the bricks.

Who cares what has gone in the locker room. It’s this soft ass coaching and management that has led us up to this point anyway. A real coach would’ve stomped this out earlier. We cut our best secondary player today after he was frustrated over a loss. I’d boycott until Gruden and Allen were fired if Guice wasn’t set to return next season. This franchise certainly isn’t getting a dime from me until that changes. We might be more poorly run than the Wizards and that is saying something. I’ve never been so embarrassed and hopeless as a Skins fan. 

Archived