Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Jared, in a car seat. 

Maybe we can just attach a tether to the rocket like the trailing line of cans following a wedding car. I suspect there are at least twenty deserving of a one way trip... and that doesn't even include Breitbart, Infowars, FOXNews, etc.

Oh, and just to be fair and balanced... we can have Michael Moore and Bernie Sanders tag along.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, visionary said:

Not a good article. In it they talk about how Congress has struggle with immigration which is not true. The GOP has struggled with immigration cause they never want to actually solve any problem.

Edited by Hersh

7 hours ago, Hersh said:

Not a good article. In it they talk about how Congress has struggle with immigration which is not true. The GOP has struggled with immigration cause they never want to actually solve any problem.

Historically, I think it is fair to say both sides have struggled with immigration.  That is why it's such a trainwreck now.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Historically, I think it is fair to say both sides have struggled with immigration.  That is why it's such a trainwreck now.  

Because both sides use it to serve other ends politically, we have never actually addressed immigration directly

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Because both sides use it to serve other ends politically, we have never actually addressed immigration directly

Reagan addressed it directly - first pushing for allowing southest Asians to settle here, and then proposing and passing a path to citizenship for all undocumented immigrants who had already been here for a specified period without breaking the law (I forget the cutoff year).

The hyper-politicization probably began with California governor Pete Wilson, who managed to compensate for his disastrous first term by advocating his Proposition 187 for denying access to schools and hospitals for illegals and expediting deportations.

I respectfully disagree that it’s both sides. When GWB tried to do immigration reform, his own party killed it. Since then, it’s been the GOP preventing it from getting done. 2013 bipartisan bill, the GOP house refuses to vote on it. It would have passed. Whenever Obama asked for a small amount of money for more immigration or border patrol agents, the GOP refused.

Whatever the case was before GWB, since that time there is one party that won’t get this done. 

Good job, Tim Kaine.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/25/tim-kaine-government-shutdown-1117978

“America’s Dad” was getting on his colleagues’ nerves. But he’s OK with that.

Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) objected to the Senate adjourning for the past two weekends — making the shutdown just a little more painful for senators by forcing some to stay in Washington.

He says Republicans and Democrats privately complained to him about the quixotic maneuver, and some colleagues asked him to back down, but he didn’t budge.

Kaine, who has a reputation for getting along with Republicans and Democrats alike, acknowledged the inconvenience he caused senators who tend to have regimented schedules. It also forced a presiding officer — a member of the majority party, according to the rules of the Senate — to be present.

“Getting presiders isn’t so easy,” Kaine said. “All the senators who live closest to D.C. are Democrats, but we’re not presiders.”

Yet Kaine’s push wasn’t just an empty gesture. Earlier this month, Kaine struck a deal with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to allow the Senate to leave in exchange for legislation that guarantees back pay to federal employees hurt by the shutdown.

Again, why are Democrats always the ones that have to bargain to not **** people over?

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

That *thud*thud*thud* you hear?

That's Donald's future DOJ lawyers trying to figure out how to argue a national emergency was needed to the court despite this tweet existing.

It’s hilarious how often he undercuts his own arguments cause he’s too ****ing stupid to know any better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Hersh said:

It’s hilarious how often he undercuts his own arguments cause he’s too ****ing stupid to know any better.

Not sure if its cause hes too stupid or if its because he knows his base is too stupid (to care or to notice) 

Just now, NoCalMike said:

I wonder if Trump is trying to undercut the Wall stuff now on purpose seeing that he may be realizing he isn't going to secure funding for it, and the wall itself is not polling well as a solution.  

I think you are giving him way too much credit here.  When has Trump every thought strategically rather than impulsively?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Good job, Tim Kaine.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/25/tim-kaine-government-shutdown-1117978

Again, why are Democrats always the ones that have to bargain to not **** people over?

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a state whose senators are better than Warner and Kaine.  If you made a power ranking of senator tandems in the US, I think Virginia would be #1 right now.  Anyone who has ever had to assist immigration clients with senate staff would have deep appreciation for how on the ball Warner and Kaine's offices are (tbf, Warner's office is better than Kaine on that front, but Kaine is still leaps and bounds better than lot of other senators).

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a state whose senators are better than Warner and Kaine.  If you made a power ranking of senator tandems in the US, I think Virginia would be #1 right now.  Anyone who has ever had to assist immigration clients with senate staff would have deep appreciation for how on the ball Warner and Kaine's offices are (tbf, Warner's office is better than Kaine on that front, but Kaine is still leaps and bounds better than lot of other senators).

Agree.  I guess in terms of power, NY would be up there with Schumer/Gillibrand.  But Warner and Kaine have quite a bit too, not just in terms of Senate leadership and committees, but also fundraising.  

10 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Cartoon of Trump cannonballing himself

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StopOrIShootMyself

"A Hostage Situation where the hostage taker and the hostage are one and the same.

There are several reasons why this actually works

1.Might be because the baddies want the hostage alive (perhaps because the hostage's death would ruin the bad guy's plan)

2. The user is dealing with a principled enemy who just doesn't want any casualties

3. The character is confronting law enforcement officers or other authority figures who'd rather prevent deaths if possible.

4.Rule of Funny"

4 hours ago, Hersh said:

4 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Stupid like a fox!
You libtards are always saying King Trump always lies, is always wrong and too dumb to know any better... so by your own elitist logic,  the border is clearly a total mess, and MS13 thugs are right outside your door!!

Give us money!

~Dang

Edited by Bang
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1